betterlovedoll.com

The Doll Album - NOW VITAMIN FORTIFIED

Official announcements regarding "The Doll Forum" and "CoverDoll" from site management.
Also post your own announcements.
Capt_B
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: The Doll Album - NOW VITAMIN FORTIFIED

Post by Capt_B »

Thank you siliventurer and synthyours for all the work you've done and have been doing.

I do not have sufficient words to show my gratitude and appreciation. I fully understand how difficult maintaining a well-working web site is, how tedious the work can be, and just how thankless the job can feel. Been there, done that... but not to the same degree.

Personally, I think each of you has earned an "Achievement Medal". I would be more than willing to either present, or mail, them to you. Your choice of Army or Navy. Those are the only one's I have in my collection at this time.

Again, thank you,
B
Emily's albums _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Emily's blog _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ Penelope's albums

janesays
Ex-Member

Post by janesays »

Capt.B wrote:Thank you siliventurer and synthyours for all the work you've done and have been doing.

I do not have sufficient words to show my gratitude and appreciation.
I don't like sounding like a parrot but I will do it for you guys. Thankyou for all good things that you do for TDF.
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by Bianca »

Thanks guys. But somehow I have code in my photo links and they no longer link to my gallery :( Perhaps someone can check into this :(

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 49&start=0

EDIT: - Issue resolved. Was unrelated to the album changes.
xxxooo Bianca
COVERDOLL
Galleries at ...
Coverdoll | Doll Forum

brotha-d

Post by brotha-d »

Great job on the changes!

The Doll Album was one of the things that got me interested in ordering a doll and joining the forums. Thanks for all the hard work in keeping the site running and secure!

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

I still can't get the image URL, the only thing that comes up is the page info: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/albumimage.php?

The watermark was there until I signed in though, so that's working.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

synthyours
Server Admin Emeritus
Server Admin Emeritus

Post by synthyours »

Szal,

Not sure what link you're trying to get. See attached image for.
Attachments
findthelink.gif
findthelink.gif (11.53 KiB) Viewed 3297 times

siliventurer
Ex-Member

Post by siliventurer »

Attention Everyone...

I am going to make this as clear as I can and outline how the system is suppose to work. Apparently a few of you are jumping too prematurely to conclusions about the system in place. So here goes.

If you are the owner of your album and you are not logged in to The Doll Album then:
- any pictures you view that are in your album will have a watermark on it
- any pictures you view in another owner's album will have a watermark on it
- any embed link code you copy out of a picture either in your albums or another owner's will link to the watermarked image

If you are the owner of your album and you are logged in to The Doll Album then:
- any pictures you view that are in your album will not have a watermark on it
- any pictures you view in another owner's album will have a watermark on it
- any embed link code you copy out of a picture in your albums will link to the unmarked image (owner essentially controls what they want to put out unmarked)
- any embed link code you copy out of a picture in another owner's album will link to the watermarked image

<A Few Additional Notes>
Embed Link Code:
- this code is used for linking to a picture in The Doll Album when you are wanting to link to it within a forum board or other website to display it within your post; it can be found under the 'File Information' section in the 'URL' row for each picture you view; the box with the code is outlined in red in the picture below and titled 'Embed:'
Album Link Code:
- this code is used for linking to the album page that the picture resides in in The Doll Album when you are wanting to link to it within a forum board or other website and have the visitor go to the album to view; it can also be found under the 'File Information' section in the 'URL' row for each picture you view; the box with the code is above the box outlined in red in the picture below and titled 'Album:'
Uploads:
- just to give assurance, all the original photos you upload are still in their pristine condition and were not defaced.

This system creates a fair playing field for all users while respecting the work and giving control to each owner and does not place any individual including us on staff above anyone else.

Any issues you may have, please contact the tech team as we would be more than happy to provide you with complete thorough answers.

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

I got it now :oops: :mrgreen:
EDIT: Well, I though I had it figgered out, but now all that is showing is a small square with a red X :?
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

itsme
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by itsme »

synthyours wrote:N.B.: Broken links have been fixed!

The Doll Album is back and better than ever... now with more vitamin B12 and folates.

Even better... Have you ever been sitting in your office late at night, exhausted from a long day at work? Have you ever felt like your fingers are just too tired and/or rotund to right click the image to get the image URL to copy into a post or share with your Internet friends in chat? No?

This guy has.

Even Lindsay Lohan likes it! See?

You will now see a dropdown box with a link to the photo page and the "embed" link to put the photo in a post or copy into chat. It's so easy a pop starlet can do it!

See that box in red? To copy the URL, just click in the box. Use CTRL-A to select all the text and then CTRL-C to copy it to your clipboard. You can then use CTRL-V or right click and select paste to paste your image.

All the cool kids are doing it. You should too!

:haha4: :haha4:

B12 that some potent shit :lol:

Man O man if Lindsay can do it anyone can :lol: :lol: :P

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,....

Ok,.. now to test the new changes,...

I would like to thank synthyours and siliventurer the tech team for work well done,..
Thank you for you work,..all done behind the curtains and mostly done without the applause and adulation your jobs justly deserve.

Thank you!

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

Erika
Doll
Doll

Post by Erika »

I don't see watermarks in above pics :?:

Test:

Edit: OK. I get it. Above posters were logged in to their albums and linked to unwatermarked pics. I wasn't logged in and linked to watermarked pics.

I like the watermark idea. Good work!!
This is my dollalbum, My (identical) twinsister Kim has her own album. We also have our own thread in the 4Woods subforum where we post our pics.

We had another sister Annika, her album also has a lot of pics of me.

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Hey Playtime, Erika, have you been hacking into my Doll Album? You pics look just like mine: A blank square with a red X :lol:
~ George Washington

Erika
Doll
Doll

Post by Erika »

Szalinski wrote:Hey Playtime, Erika, have you been hacking into my Doll Album? You pics look just like mine: A blank square with a red X :lol:
Nah, I'm an innocent little girl Image
I think the links got screwed, because they changed back to what is what before the changes. :idea:
This is my dollalbum, My (identical) twinsister Kim has her own album. We also have our own thread in the 4Woods subforum where we post our pics.

We had another sister Annika, her album also has a lot of pics of me.

INFORMATIONS