betterlovedoll.com

Poser Artist v.4

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Poser Artist v.4

Post by Inkling »

Has anyone tried Poser Artist?? How many models are included with Poser?
Poser Artist appears to include more than Poser and at a lower price:
http://www.provantage.com/buy-7alad02f- ... opping.htm
Features & benefits: Extensive libraries of ready-To use content Including over 70 fully textured Hi-res 3D human and animal models. Custom expressions, ethnicity libraries, hair, hand guesters, props lights, a wardrobe of clothes and more allow you To create a look that's tailored To Your project. All of The figure design and, 3D Character animation tools you need are Included in One Complete package. Poser Includes custom morph targets, custom figure creation tools, inverse kinematics, Cameras, lights, automatic Key frame creation, an automatic walk designer and more. An innovative graphical Interface makes figure design fast and Easy. Specially designed interactive Controls makes poser artist Easy To learn and Easy To use. a wide range of Supported import/export File formats allow you To work with Your favorite Image editing, Video editing Or Motion Graphics program. Render Your posed figures To a wide range of popular File formats for use in any project you can imagine. Poser artists Includes a host of figure design tools, and content in One package, making it affordable and accessible for everyone.
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by 1001011001 »

Looks to be a more user friendly, though not as powerful version of Poser. I've never used it, but I think it's good for the beginner 3d artist, but if you want something more powerful, get the full poser version. If price is a concern, you can pick up poser 4 or 5 instead of diving right into p6.

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

I guess my main focus was how many models it included.

So far I've seen them charge 15 to 200 dollars for each human model.

Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by 1001011001 »

$200 seems to be a lot for a character. My best recommendation is to pick up Vicky 3 and/or Stephanie Petite 3. They are both the most widely used characters and have the most third party support for clothing, morphs, props, hair, and characters. The other characters won't come close to the amount of support is out there for those two characters.

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

If you download Vicky, then you've got to buy the head - maybe the hair. A couple hundred are highest prices I've seen, but they include everything and more often than not, the more expensive ones are better looking (more detail, more definition, more polygons, etc.).

However, question was how many it comes with.
If Poser Artist outputs .3ds then there's a lot of support out there. However, most you have to pay for - but same would be true of Poser, right?

Hopefully, there's a way of getting around paying 200 for software, 200 for 3 models, 50 for a couple heads - shit, you may as well just buy Rhino or Bryce for that kind of money.

When I typed "Vicky" above, I was thinking of Victoria. My mistake. You wrote Vicky 3 and/or Stephanie Petite 3. I'll take a look at them - or does the software come with them? Never mind - I'll look it up - I'm just out of time for that today.
Sigh.
One of these days, years, months, or weeks - I'll be doing humans. I've not been able to touch pov-ray since November for sporking sakes.

Ricardo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: Oregon, Illinois ~ Not quite the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from here ...

Post by Ricardo »

Here is the Curious Labs page on the product:

Poser Artist v4. Check it out from the "horse's mouth" so-to-speak. It's based on Poser 4, which is a dinosaur with the introductions of Poser Pro, Poser 5, and Poser 6 ... Also ... check it out, Curious Labs now offers a 30-day limited demo version of POSER 6! It would have much better content and costs nothing to try.

At the DAZ website you can get the base Victoria 3 FREE. In order to customize her you'd need to purchase the face and body morph packs. Oh yeah then there's hair, clothes, skin textures ....

Hope that helps!
8) 'cardo 8) [i]Champagne wishes and Silicone dreams[/i] :smilecolros:

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

Hey, thanks, Ricardo!

This might actually be do-able. If and only if it works as advertised "incorporate them into existing projects", I can use POV-Ray to create the environments and put models (female) into the existing graphics. I'd still like to read some reviews.

This will require me to conduct about 15 hours of PC work. I've got to look up speed/type of RAM in other system. If it's the same, I can dump all RAM into one system. I'd also have to buy Partition Magic and put both 8 GB hard drives into one machine. Lots of work to do, but for 109 plus shipping this might work. I'll have to find reviews from someone who has used it. The system requirements are more light-weight. I was concerned about having to buy new mobo. I was trying to figure out how to do what I wanted for under 500 dollars.

INFORMATIONS