Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

(Slight Return) Lily's Fifth Birthday!

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

PBShelley
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

(Slight Return) Lily's Fifth Birthday!

Post by PBShelley »

Hi all,

I know that it's been ages since I last posted here, but I thought that if anything, this event deserved coming out and celebrating before I crawl back into my hole :lol:

April 1st was Lily's fifth birthday. I can't recall whether it's the day she emerged from her mold or the day I received her, to be honest. I guess with some checking I can figure it out, but really it's unimportant. What is important is that ever since that day she's provided me with everything a Good Doll can provide: beauty, company, and inspiration. I've never for one moment regretted buying her :)

I think that most of you (at least, those of you who remember her) recall that I was forced to sell her new(er) Body 6 last year due to severe financial problems, so her face has been reunited with her former Body 7, which is not in very great shape (poorly-repaired splits under the armpits). I haven't had the heart really to come back and keep up with things :cry:

But, she seems happy to be here, and we celebrated her birthday by pulling her out of the closet, dressing her up a bit, and just hanging out, which seemed to lift her spirits some. Since I've had my house up for sale since last July ( :!: ), she's had to remain hidden in her closet so as not to hinder/distract prospective buyers, which have been damned few in this weird housing market. And her depression has mirrored mine, so it's not been a very happy household. Except for Pennie, who happily slept with her companion for the first time in a long while :D

(stock footage:)

Anyway, I just wanted to pop back in to say that we've not forgotten you or TDF; it's just that "socializing" hasn't really been very practical what with the illusory ever-present possibility of having to sell the house/move/futile apartment-hunting/planning for storage and all that THAT entails, finding a job, and not the least maintain some kind of internet presence with regard to trying to sell Lily's novel, Unbound, which is still Priority Number One. I don't want to go off on an "oh, I'm so depressed" Marvin-the-Paranoid-Andoid divergence here, but suffice to say that when "feeling a bit down" that reading and typing text into Forums isn't the most gratifying thing to be doing.

As for Lily's book, I would have self-published it long ago, but the magnitude of the story demands as wide an audience as possible, and the strength of a Big Publisher to do that. But you need an agent to be able to get past their blockaded doors, so we're still very much in the process of pursuing that.

Since I wanted to establish a stable base of operations before sending out query letters in bulk, it's been an agonizing period of "not-much-happening-but-maybe-something-will-today" although I do have my letter drafted and ready to send as soon as I see WHERE I'm going to be living. For awhile it seemed that "under an overpass" was going to be it...

But before this turns into an "all about ME" post, I'd like to return to the subject of my dearest Lily, and let you all know that she's still here, and as beautiful and devoted as ever :D

I recently made a "tribute" post to her on my Blog, Alastor's Reflection, which is here: http://unbound.org/wordpress/ Barring any newer posts it's the second entry down now, if you're interested. (Navigation tip: If you only want to see the handful of doll-related entries, just sort by clicking the "doll"-related link beneath the title of her post.)

The novel's website, appropriately entitled UNBOUND, can be visited through the link in the Blog's sidebar, and all the info you could want with regard to her novel is there, along with an excerpt and a few pics in a Coppermine album located off of the Portal Page.

I was recently considering having to shutter it in light of my bleak financial picture, but magically encountered an old forum-mate from another doll-site who, since she was convinced of my sincerity in getting the novel published and my ideals behind it, offered to host the website for free, and also volunteered to redesign the site itself (which she's in the process of doing now, being a professional webdesigner). So this goes to show that if you keep on an even keel and keep the faith as well, that good things can indeed happen! But man, what a wringer I've been washed through 8O

What the hell; at least I'm clean :razz:

Once more, lest you forget her :wink: :

Glad to see that good ol' TDF is still going strong, gaining new members, and still a good port in this storm :D

Regards,
PBShelley, Lily, Eden-in-a-box, and Pennie
Lily Godwin & Eden Gardner's Doll Albums are here: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10095

Keithallen
Ex-Member

Post by Keithallen »

:D :D PBS!!!!! :D :D

Damn dude, remind me to flay you later for not coming around here more often :evil: :lol:

But for now, Happy birthday LILY!!!
:angel: :glou: :glou: :angel:

I don't think anyone will ever forget your sweet Lily :D

Mitsy, I need that hammer back so I can "prod" PBS into getting his book published....

Celtic

Post by Celtic »

Many Happy Returns Lily! You are strikingly lovely! 8)

CJD
Ex-Member

Post by CJD »

I couldnt agree more, these silicone ladies are a sheer delight!!! Happy Birthday Lilly!! :D

litlluvr
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by litlluvr »

It's good to hear from you again PBS!! :D

Happy Birthday Lily!!

Take care!! litlluvr & Yoshe.

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi PBS

We don't forget a Pink Floyd Doll.
Welcome back
Happy birthday to Lilly!

Mytime & Helen & Carmen
One dream, one mission...

regis
Ex-Member

Post by regis »

PBS,

It's always good to hear from you and see Lily. And you may count me among the people who miss Eden. (Okay, hi Pennie too so noone is left out - mraooow) There is a fellowship here of those who truly love their dolls and you are a senior member.
[url=http://www.thedollregistry.com/][img]http://www.dollforum.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/25200/normal_DollRegistry.jpg[/img][/url]

Campdaan
Ex-Member

Post by Campdaan »

Happy Birthday Lily...

You were my first "Doll Crush". I saw you and I knew that I wanted a Doll.

I still look at your pictures !

PBS. We miss you, come by more often !

Elle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Elle »

Happy Birthday Lili :D
she's provided me with everything a Good Doll can provide: beauty, company, and inspiration. I've never for one moment regretted buying her Smile
Nothing to add, i'm sure to write the same when Elle will be 5.
I hope all will be better for you very soon !!! Fool is the starting point of new travel, new opportunities :)

Jihan & Elle
__________________ ALL DOLLS ARE WELCOME... SUBMIT YOUR DOLL TO THE MATRIX __________________ My Website
ImageImage

Shani
Doll
Doll

Post by Shani »

Happy Birthday Lily from me and zazakell.

We hope things turn around for you. It's a difficult time for lot's of folk and we hope you come out of it OK. Good luck with you're book.

Kind regards.
Les ânes aiment la compagnie d'autres ânes.

rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by rentell »

Well you old rascal here you are again..... :)

Popped into "reflection" now and again so I new you where still in there fighting, dont be a stranger now .

And so glad you have managed to keep Lily, good luck with sale and job hunting.

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Re: (Slight Return) Lily's Fifth Birthday!

Post by Everhard »

PBShelley wrote:What is important is that ever since that day she's provided me with everything a Good Doll can provide: beauty, company, and inspiration.
My girls and I are hoping that your situation will improve so you can enjoy her even more.
As for Lily's book, I would have self-published it long ago, but the magnitude of the story demands as wide an audience as possible, and the strength of a Big Publisher to do that.
I am also still trying to get my novel published. Most publishers in Britain take on authors only via literary agents, but those agents deal only with published authors (looking for a better deal, presumably).

mahtek
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by mahtek »

Happy Birthday, Lily! :D

You don't look a day over one! :wink:

Good to hear that you two are still together, PBS. When everything else seems to be going wrong, she'll be the one thing that's always good.

May you have many more years together.

And don't be a stranger! Stop in to try out the new chat room. We have a lot of fun there!

Mahtek & his Ladies
All I ever wanted, all I ever needed is here, in my arms. Words are very unnecessary, they can only do harm.

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

Happy B'day, Lily...and many more.

PBS...

I wouldn't mind switching a doll's face over to another body. I would kind of consider the doll's "soul" to really be in her face and not in the body the face happens to be attached to.

Sorry to read about the problems you are encountering. These are miserable economic times for many and everyday I see more sad stories on the news. When times get tough, I just keep telling myself to, as they say in AA, "take one day and a time" and then keep reminding myself that "this, too, share pass".

technoguy
I am NOT currently a doll owner.

PBShelley
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PBShelley »

Hello,

We just wanted to pop in with a quick "Thank You" before taking a well-deserved nap :razz: (Super-busy day and shorthanded to boot 8O ) We'll return later for comments after refreshing ourselves :wink:

Waking up at 4AM REALLY throws by bio-clock off LOL

Ta,
PBS et al
Lily Godwin & Eden Gardner's Doll Albums are here: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10095

INFORMATIONS