sanhuiofficial.com

HELP with repairs.

Established since 2002, Sanhui Model Making Co.,Ltd has been endeavoring in the creation and the making of life-like female dolls in various sizes and materials. Our products range from anime models to life-sized and altered-proportion platinum silicone love dolls. The dolls are anatomically correct with fully functional orifices to the intimate touch and feel of a real lady with curvy figure from Yoga coaching.
blondLab

HELP with repairs.

Post by blondLab »

I have a Sanhui 156 made in 2020. I have two issues. I've emailed the company twice to get help and have heard NOTHING back.

The most serious issue is the last time she and I played together I heard a "clunk" and now her lower body and upper body are no longer connected. If I pick her up from under her arms I can feel her stretch. I can also sort of feel something sliding apart and then back together when I put her down. It's like the nut slipped off a bolt. Before I perform surgery to rectify this, I'd love to see picture of just the skeleton so I can see what possibly needs to fix, and what's the best way to get to the area. Should I cut in from the side or from the back, etc. I'd also like to know :
- what I use to glue her back together again when I'm done.
- best practices for cleaning the surfaces to be be re-glued.
- any other advice
- I don't really want to play with her until this is resolved. I don't want to make things worse.

The second issue is far less serious, when I bend her leg towards her body, a tear has developed on her hip exposing the underlying foam. When her leg is straight, like standing position, the tear is about and inch long. The idea I have for fixing this would be to:
- get a 2 inch by 2 inch by maybe 3/8 inch think piece of silicone she is made of.
- Then clean all the surfaces and slip that piece inside and underneath the cut.
- apply glue to the surface of the patch and the edge of the tear itself.
- put her leg in the straight position and let it set.
- again, I'd need to know about glue and cleaner,
- I'd also like to buy the piece to make the patch.
- see pictures.

Any help anyone has would be greatly appreciated.
image0.jpeg
image0.jpeg (106.1 KiB) Viewed 1162 times
image1.jpeg
image1.jpeg (104.05 KiB) Viewed 1162 times
image2.jpeg
image2.jpeg (70.84 KiB) Viewed 1162 times
image3.jpeg
image3.jpeg (48.37 KiB) Viewed 1162 times

esquisseallure
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: HELP with repairs.

Post by esquisseallure »

1. Looks like your dolls spine snapped. It's near impossible to fix without very intrusive surgery. Silicone are more annoying to fix becuse you have to go through foam.

2. Does your have the flexi skeleton? If you don't you have the same problem I have with mine but I don't have a rip in the silicone. I'll easier on your response before I comment further.

Also sanhui has been responseless in the forum for a good year now. I expect sanhui have given up attempting to promote their dolls here but that is my speculation.
Snuggle buddy --> XYColo 163cm LB

Wishlist: Tayu, Elsababe 148cm, lushdoll

Bangbruhz
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Bangbruhz »

Interested to know if you also have the soft butt option as well as the Flexi-skeleton.
Please, post all the options you chose when you bought your doll so we can have better insight:)

blondLab

Post by blondLab »

esquisseallure wrote:1. Looks like your dolls spine snapped. It's near impossible to fix without very intrusive surgery. Silicone are more annoying to fix becuse you have to go through foam. So Strange because I wasn't even leaning on her body at the time. Also when I lift her I swear it feels like something is sliding apart and then when I put her down, like something is sliding together. If I could get a picture of what it looks like without the foam, I'm sure I could fix it.

2. Does your have the flexi skeleton? If you don't you have the same problem I have with mine but I don't have a rip in the silicone. I'll easier on your response before I comment further. It does have the flexi skeleton.

Also sanhui has been responseless in the forum for a good year now. I expect sanhui have given up attempting to promote their dolls here but that is my speculation.
I've seen a couple people make a similar comment. Very disapointing.

The tear in the hip would be a simple fix doing it the way I described in my original post, but I'd need Sanhui to send me the piece to make the patch. In any event do you know what type of "glue" I could use. I could make the patch out of something else.

Thanks in advance!!!

ZannyDanger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ZannyDanger »

Sorry to hear of your issues....

For the back repair I can't offer much advice, usually there's a whole lot of DIY involved in attempting such repairs and the results tend to vary a lot.
There's a few threads on the forum about making such repairs with other brands so hopefully you might be able to find something to give you a rough idea of what to do.

The tear in her thigh should be an easy fix, though it looks like your doll's inner foam core has split pretty badly, which likely created a void in there, putting excessive tension on her silicone skin when moving her hip.
In this case I'd look at injecting a decent amount of flowable silicone inside with her leg straightened to a neutral position to hopefully fill up that void a bit before sealing it. Make sure her leg is straight when doing this.

Cleaning, prepping for surgery... your best bet is cleaning the inside and immediate vincinity of the cut with acetone to remove dust, particles and most of the oil so that silicone sealant will have maximum adhesion.
FIY Acetone can damage and remove her permanent makeup so be careful with it.

Glueing and mending cuts... usually I go for flowable RTV silicone, less is definitely better if you want clean results. Usually just enough that both surfaces to glue are covered in a thin film of it.
Then you need to find a way to keep them together with a bit of pressure while the silicone cures, usually plastic wrap is perfect for this. For best results, always make sure to leave her in a neutral position (as she was in the mould) when curing. Lastly, a small amount of flowable silicone may ooze out of the cut when you press it back together so make sure to wipe off any excess before applying wrap over it.

If you do exploratory surgery to attempt a repair on her back, I'd really recomment using a scalpel of very sharp knife or brand new box cutter blade.
You'll want to make as clean and straight a cut as possible, this makes a HUGE difference when relealing the cut. The cleaner it is, the less noticeable it will be.

Best of luck

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

The Doll Forum • View topic - Skeletons out of the closet.
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=131075
There is a bit of information about various skeletons here

Usually the pelvis is either a straight piece of horizontal tubing or an upside down "U" shape but a lot depends on the position of the break
There have been repairs accomplished by making a replacement piece and clamping it to the skeleton :)

esquisseallure
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by esquisseallure »

My piper is currently in half also and I think I'll go with jb weld Epoxy and jb fiber weld to see how well it goes.
Snuggle buddy --> XYColo 163cm LB

Wishlist: Tayu, Elsababe 148cm, lushdoll

MANABU
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by MANABU »

I can't help with the repairs but I have found some tips for scooting my doll around in a more safe way.

A back support for office chairs. Like the one that has lumbar support and goes from waist to shoulders helps as a scooter and lifting pad to move my doll around.
The back support thing is great because as the doll lays on it u can grip it conveniently anywhere around the edges. You can stand above the doll bend down and adjust her position. You can fling her legs in the air and grab the edge of the board near her crotch as a handle and skid her down the length of the bed.

This is important because the back brace is taking all the stress and doing some of the work for you. PLUS in your case. The damage site is never exposed to anything that can tug or impede the doll being transported. You can fling the dolls feet in the air, and if you are strong enough, scoop the doll, while in the back brace together so that you are standing, holding the back brace thijg(which is holding the doll too) on your one fore arm and use your other hand to support her legs. This is essentially the bridal carry position but you can really grip and man handle the back support and you can "feel" the back support displaces the weight just enough to notice it helps.

I understand her wound isn't in her back. I'm just hoping u can use the back brace thing as a stretcher. If anything I hope it helps your sense of mind when walking around with her in your arms or moving her around on a surface.

I have a loose jointed doll and she is like a rag doll. I absolutely love it. But keeping her tight and tucked in for minor or major transport is a different mental challenge.
For example I have to tie her wrists together so her arms don't dangle. I have also used the foam padding that came in the box but I really feel like I struck genius with the back pad thing. Especially when standing above the doll and gripping it's edges with confidence instead of gripping the doll.

MANABU
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by MANABU »

esquisseallure wrote:Also sanhui has been responseless in the forum for a good year now. I expect sanhui have given up attempting to promote their dolls here but that is my speculation.
It did not help that coincidentally at the time there was an incident between a vendor and member here. Which was yes, unique in its own right, however blown way out proportion. People came to watch like watching a car crash to squirt their opinions and add to the drama. Dedicated threads about the issue were started. There was a four-way of communication between the vendor, sanhui, the purchasing member, and I think eventually forum staff. There were calls to rip sanhui from the forums. It was a convenient time to point your finger.

In the end it had little to actually do with sanhui themselves and more of a vendor issue and a comedy of errors and unfortunate other stuff. But the damage was done. Threads challenging sanhuis customer relations floated around and i think sanhui just said this drama is not worth it. I truly feel it was the drama not the substance of the issue that repelled sanhui. Talking to Mike and buying my 3rd doll from him was a breeze back in August. One thing that bugs me is that I have read about these same problems and horror stories and worse in other dolls and their manufacturers forums here. It just seems like this one went off the rails and then sanhui was just gone. I mean, they were like: by the way we did a 161cm doll thing if you care, oh and we made a new torso, bye.

It is so unfortunate.

INFORMATIONS