teddy-babes.com

Just did it

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Ubiquinone
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just did it

Post by Ubiquinone »

Hello

I have now expanded my collection of teddy babes. Even though I ended a toxic relationship at the beginning of the year and having already 3 teddy babes (Akiko, Cindy, Carly), a good friend asked me why I wanted to get more teddy babes.
Well, when I was still in a relationship, I would occasionally buy clothes for my girlfriend. But the girlfriend didn't want the clothes.
Now I have a lot of clothes and I want to see them worn. The 3 existing Tebby Babes are not enough. The changes from 2020 (rotating hip joints) also made me curious, as did the Ultra models.
And the main reason: you can't have enough teddy babes.

I knew this was going to be a large order. So I contacted 8wonder to get a quote for
* 3 Deluxe Babes (Diana, Sonya, Cordelia)
* 1 Ultra Babe (Sheba)
* 3 vaginal inserts
* 4 anal inserts
* Replacement silicone lips for Akiko, Cindy and Carly

8wonder gave me discount with this large order. There were 2 deliveries, therefore (unfortunately) 2x postage. Thit is 395 $ each to Germany (a line in German: wer immer noch noch in D-Mark rechnet: das Porto beträgt jeweils fast 800DM... ...autsch). Unfortunately, the German state still wants to earn some money. A few days later I received an invoice from FedEx to pay import sales tax and custom fee (for the first delivery - almost 400EUR). A large order is really worthwhile here - and also a customer account with Fedex (the processing fee is not charged). Because the German state takes the value of the goods plus postage plus custom fee as the basis for calculating the import sales tax.
Self-importing was still cheaper than buying from a retailer.

The order went smoothly. I ordered on June 25th. and on June 28th I got the first shipping confirmation. The first delivery took place on July 5th. I received the shipping confirmation for the second delivery on July 2nd. and should be deliveres on 8.7. - it was the 9th of July, because the delivery still had to be cleared by customs (but I was surprised that the delivery came to me from Cologne within 7 hours). I thought I would have to wait longer. The German retailer estimates delivery in around 24 days.

Noticeable are the wider hips compared to the 2010 model series. The opening for the vaginal insert has also moved towards the pubic bone - unfortunately no longer anatomically correct. Certainly due to the fact that the Teddy Babes now also have an anal opening.
The wider hips now have the advantage that you can buy better clothing sets. However, I like the wider hips better than the narrow hips of the previous model series.
It's also good that the lips are now made of silicone and no longer of latex. Unfortunately, if you kiss your babes a lot, the latex degrades.

A few words about the ultra model
A lot of silicone is used in the Ultra models: half of the head is made of silicone, the nipples are made of silicone and the vaginal insert is made of silicone.
Despite the fact that only half of the head is made of silicone, it is still well designed. In another thread it is noted that the heads of the Ultramodels have no ears. However, the ears are only indicated. Since I also have a silicone doll and the ears are designed like real people, you have to be careful not to tear off the ears when you move the doll.
The silicone feels sticky at first, that's why I powdered it first. After that it feels smooth, but has a different hardness compared to a silicone doll

Another note:
The Teddy Babes are always delivered with a fabric insert for vaginal and anal. Only the ultra models have the silicone vaginal insert as standard.
I think 8wonder should always deliver both silicone inserts as standard in the future. For me it was always difficult to find a vaginal insert for the teddy babes. There is a thread here, but most of the featured inserts are no longer available.

What's new, what's different
As mentioned before, my existing babes are 10 years old. When they were new, the fabric was very soft. That's the advantage of new teddy babes. The body is comparatively soft to my existing babes - which is not surprising since I made my existing babes firmer by adding polyfill.
Unfortunately the breasts are still too big for me. That's why I'll be modifying the new babes accordingly in the foreseeable future.
The opening of the vaginal insert is now larger and wider (you really can fist the vagina opening). Other inserts can now be used without further modifications.
Because of the rotating hip joints you can now lie in bed more easily in the spoon position.

Conclusion
The most noticeable changes are the rotating hip joints and the associated wider hips, as well as the anal entrance and the changed position of the vaginal insert. But also the opening for the vaginal insert was enlarged. In this way, other inserts can be used without prior modification (usually cutting to size). The flexible hips enable better positions and the teddy babes can now sit better. Unfortunately, the pubic hair is still very rough and prone to shedding.
I think I'll buy another Akiko, Cindy and Carly again.
I really like the new / wider hips more.
Since people asked whether or how one notices the discs in the hips: they can only be noticed if you take a close look. They do not interfere with cuddling.

Conclusion on the ultra model
As already mentioned, a lot of silicone is used on the models. What a pity that no silicone was used in the breasts.

A few words about the Diana model
Wow. The wig is awesome and the included body with suspenders makes it perfect. Almost - it's a thong body and I don't like thongs at all. Maybe there is an ouvert body ... ... and a vaginal insert in a matching color.

Planned modifications:
* replace the connection at the joints (head, arms, hips) with screws and self-locking nuts
* If necessary, making the body firmer with polyfill
* reducing breasts and replace them with silicone implants
* Remove pubic hair

Ideas for 8wonder
* Omit pubic hair on all models or replace it with a softer material
* replace the joints (head, arms, hips) with screws and self-locking nuts
* Breasts with silicone implants instead of polyfill

In any way, I'm very satisfied with the new models.
1st delivery
1st delivery
IMG_5784.JPG (2.6 MiB) Viewed 1325 times
unboxing 1a
unboxing 1a
IMG_5785.JPG (2.53 MiB) Viewed 1325 times
unboxing 1b
unboxing 1b
IMG_5786.JPG (2.65 MiB) Viewed 1325 times
Cordelia and Sonya
Cordelia and Sonya
IMG_5787.JPG (2.73 MiB) Viewed 1325 times
Sonya's closeup
Sonya's closeup
IMG_5788.JPG (2 MiB) Viewed 1325 times
2nd delivery
2nd delivery
IMG_5789.JPG (2.54 MiB) Viewed 1325 times
unboxing 2a
unboxing 2a
IMG_5790.JPG (2.96 MiB) Viewed 1325 times
unboxing 2b
unboxing 2b
IMG_5791.JPG (2.54 MiB) Viewed 1325 times
Diana
Diana
IMG_5792.JPG (2.48 MiB) Viewed 1325 times
Sheba's face
Sheba's face
IMG_5794.JPG (1.96 MiB) Viewed 1325 times
Sheba' face
Sheba' face
IMG_5795.JPG (1.65 MiB) Viewed 1325 times
Attachments
Sheba
Sheba
IMG_5793.JPG (2.24 MiB) Viewed 1325 times

Ubiquinone
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Just did it

Post by Ubiquinone »

More fotos
Silicone
Silicone
IMG_5796.JPG (2.01 MiB) Viewed 1324 times
Inserts
Inserts
IMG_5797.JPG (2.97 MiB) Viewed 1324 times
Vaginal insert
Vaginal insert
IMG_5798.JPG (1.51 MiB) Viewed 1324 times
Anal insert
Anal insert
IMG_5799.JPG (1.55 MiB) Viewed 1324 times
Vaginal insert in a 2010 model
Vaginal insert in a 2010 model
IMG_5800.JPG (2.3 MiB) Viewed 1324 times
Vaginal insert in fabric insert
Vaginal insert in fabric insert
IMG_5801.JPG (2.07 MiB) Viewed 1324 times
Anal insert in place
Anal insert in place
IMG_5802.JPG (2.37 MiB) Viewed 1324 times
Another testing with Diana
Another testing with Diana
IMG_5803.JPG (2.82 MiB) Viewed 1324 times
Another insert in Diana
Another insert in Diana
IMG_5805.JPG (2.61 MiB) Viewed 1324 times

Invo
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Invo »

Damn! What did that order end up costing you before shipping?

Missionary
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Missionary »

8thW will ship any Babe without pubes, just request it on your order.
Nice collection of Babes. They will keep you busy. Enjoy.

Ubiquinone
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ubiquinone »

Invo wrote:Damn! What did that order end up costing you before shipping?
That's 3672$ (but keep in mind, that I bought my last Teddy Babe ten years ago)

Missionary wrote: Nice collection of Babes. They will keep you busy. Enjoy.
Thanks. They really do.
IMG_5809.JPG
IMG_5809.JPG (2.98 MiB) Viewed 1217 times
The Family (in their original lingerie): Akiko, Cindy, Carly, Sheba, Pondus the penguin, Diana, Sonya, Cordelia

EasyStreet
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by EasyStreet »

Wow,

I didn't know there was a hybrid of plushies and sex dolls out there!

I wonder, did you collect plushies as a child too, or do you still (I mean more typical ones liked stuffed animals and the like)?

Very interesting dolls,

Easy
Dolls are just a bit of fun, and what's wrong with that?

Gaijin
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gaijin »

How do the heads of Diana, Sonya, and Cordelia compare to older models? They look like they are shaped differently than the example pictures on the 8th Wonder website.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

A Teddy for every day of the week! :glou:

Missionary
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Missionary »

Mr Franz wrote:A Teddy for every day of the week! :glou:
That gets me on a four week rotation with Sundays off.
Hard work, but somebody has to do it.
To Gaijin: For your comparison, here are four of my Babes: Akiko, Carly from 2013, and Cordelia, Sonya from 2018.
The old faces look very similar to the new ones, to me.
Attachments
Akiko.JPG
Akiko.JPG (104.79 KiB) Viewed 1133 times
Carly.JPG
Carly.JPG (121.93 KiB) Viewed 1133 times
Cordelia.JPG
Cordelia.JPG (69.08 KiB) Viewed 1137 times
Sonya.JPG
Sonya.JPG (65.28 KiB) Viewed 1139 times

Gaijin
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gaijin »

I agree, but I feel the ones from 2020 and forward look different from the four you give as examples. They almost look cylindrical, like the head of a Lego minifig.

Invo
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Invo »

Gaijin wrote:How do the heads of Diana, Sonya, and Cordelia compare to older models? They look like they are shaped differently than the example pictures on the 8th Wonder website.
Youre right, they are different.

I actually had to 'fluff' the face of my Cindy model because right out of the box, her head was more thin and pointed forward vs the rounder, cuter look of our older Diana model

It got a bit better following the fluff, but it was a bit jarring at first seeing how different the faces compare

Missionary
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Missionary »

All my Babes are the straight-leg types. I can't compare actual Babes' faces.
My photos are always frontal, the Babes looking straight into the camera, with flash to show them in the best light possible.
They are charming. They make me smile.
In addition, my Sonya's lips are closed - no teeth.
There aren't too many frontal pictures of the new Babes on the Forum
I found one of Invo's Cindy. I posted my Cindy for comparison, but she is glamoured-up with golden hair.
I rotated two segments of Ubiquinone's group picture, still they are not frontal shots.
Rotation1: Akiko, Cindy, Carly.
Rotation2: Sonya, Cordelia.
My observation: the new dolls are probably made by a new vendor; there will be differences.
I know the boob design is different and the boobs are closer to the shoulders - I have a new Diana.
Attachments
Rotation1.JPG
Rotation1.JPG (40.56 KiB) Viewed 1071 times
Rotation2.JPG
Rotation2.JPG (21.53 KiB) Viewed 1071 times
Invo's new Cindy.JPG
Invo's new Cindy.JPG (126.3 KiB) Viewed 1071 times
My old Cindy with Gold hair.JPG
My old Cindy with Gold hair.JPG (120.54 KiB) Viewed 1071 times

Ubiquinone
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ubiquinone »

EasyStreet wrote: I wonder, did you collect plushies as a child too, or do you still (I mean more typical ones liked stuffed animals and the like)?
I had some plushies as a child. But the penguin is the one who survived my childhood. Did not know what happened to the others - mother said, they were gone :crying:
Mr Franz wrote:A Teddy for every day of the week! :glou:
Good idea.

Missionary
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Missionary »

Gaijin wrote:
How do the heads of Diana, Sonya, and Cordelia compare to older models? They look like they are shaped differently than the example pictures on the 8th Wonder website.
I sent this question to Dave at 8thW. Waiting for his answer.
You guys with new 2021 model Teddy Babes, please post portrait photos of your Babes, so we can see the resemblance to the 'old' faces. Thank you.

Ubiquinone
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ubiquinone »

Here's the comparison between a 2010 (Carly) and 2020 (Cordelia) model
2010 Carly front
2010 Carly front
IMG_5819.JPG (2.48 MiB) Viewed 959 times
2010 Carly left
2010 Carly left
IMG_5820.JPG (2.21 MiB) Viewed 959 times
2010 Carly right
2010 Carly right
IMG_5821.JPG (2.21 MiB) Viewed 959 times
2020 Cordelia front
2020 Cordelia front
IMG_5822.JPG (2.06 MiB) Viewed 959 times
2020 Cordelia left
2020 Cordelia left
IMG_5823.JPG (2.03 MiB) Viewed 959 times
2020 Cordelia right
2020 Cordelia right
IMG_5824.JPG (2.19 MiB) Viewed 959 times
I must mention, that I have put more stuffing in Carlys head a long time ago (and have replaced the lip with the new silicone lip). But it looks like the sewing pattern is still the same

INFORMATIONS