Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Home-Made Doll Stands - Two Photo Essays

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Platypus

Home-Made Doll Stands - Two Photo Essays

Post by Platypus »

I've finally done the photo essays on the two stands I've made for the twins, and they can be found here:

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... ?album=392

The dressing stand is a lightweight but sturdy pine timber construction which I knocked together in an afternoon with stuff from the hardware store. The photo stand (which can also be used for cowgirl sex) is made of solid steel tube with custom bends and welds and the boom has a full 360 degrees of travel. I am fortunate to have a de facto brother-in-law who owns an engineering business. He made the stand for me, and was very accepting when I told him what it was for.

I designed them both myself, although I incorporated features I'd seen on stands used by fellow TDF members. Ditto the "stance modifier" which eliminates a lot of the "crouch" RDs have.

I'm only too happy to share any information I have on these.

Regards,

Al, Kimiko and Yoshiko
If a picture is worth a thousand words, a RealDoll is worth a thousand pictures

Dollcaretaker

Post by Dollcaretaker »

Uhhhh... Shiny!
That's what I call "improvement"! :robot:
This stands are very well done, really professional!
You earn a price for this!
Just have to find my own engineer to build me one... :wink:

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

It looks better than the free-standing boxing punch bag frame I have.

bluebudda

Post by bluebudda »

well done pp.

i like both of the stands.

can you put casters on the bottom of them to roll about?

about how much did you spend in pipe /crank/and fittings for the metal one?

bb

Platypus

Post by Platypus »

Thanks guys. I enjoyed making them.
can you put casters on the bottom of them to roll about
I suppose one could put castors on the dressing stand, although moving it about with 43kg swinging around would be a challenge. If I need to move it, I take Yoshiko down first, as it's not heavy and I just carry it. Also, if one were to put castors on it, the timber at the bottom might need to be stronger, as the load would be taken on just four points.

I don't think it would be safe to try to wheel the photo stand around. I can imagine it breaking all sorts of things, and it has a huge "footprint." But it doesn't take long to assemble/disassemble.
about how much did you spend in pipe /crank/and fittings for the metal one?
I think, all up, this came to about AUD$250 (USD$190). The steel was pretty pricey, and I had the whole thing plastic powder coated.

Regards,

Al, Kimiko and Yoshiko

midnight
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by midnight »

Good job Plat :!: The "stance modifier" really does make a difference, doesn't it.
I like the stand.....the doll is well away from it, thus, no need to "shop" it out in photos.....the internal winch cable is great :!:
The Toy Store keeps us going.
Buy at the Toy Store: http://shop.sex-superstore.com/cgi-bin/toys2.cgi?af=4969&ecode=8170781N

Mannequin

Post by Mannequin »

Playtpus,

Excellent work on the stands. Did you work from detail drawings or from an idea in your head?

If you have drawings or a list of specifications with sizes/lengths for each of the parts it would be helpful to the rest of us.

I saw the specifications on the tubing, and some of the other stuff - thanks for that, I'm already "building" mine in my head with some other changes. Thanks for getting me thinking.

Everyone: also Bill and Thomas have designed stands - Bill has a roll around one that is very compact and looks ultimately stable.
Mannequin

Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by 1001011001 »

How does that stance modifier work? Is the L-bracket the only major part of it or is there something else?

Platypus

Post by Platypus »

Excellent work on the stands. Did you work from detail drawings or from an idea in your head?

If you have drawings or a list of specifications with sizes/lengths for each of the parts it would be helpful to the rest of us.
Thanks.

I had a sketch to start with, and the construction went from there, incorporating advice and techniques from my engineer brother-in-law. So unfortunately there are no detailed drawings and no component list or measurements. It was all decided on the fly. But most of it is in the photo essay captions. That's the steel photo stand.

I made the wooden one by myself, and I decided dimensions based on my height, Kimiko's height, and the width of the doorframes in my house.
How does that stance modifier work? Is the L-bracket the only major part of it or is there something else?
This is all there is to it:

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/di ... =392&pos=5

It can be seen that it uses the supplied neckbolt (technically an eye bolt), and the hook on the stand goes into an eyebolt on the short arm of the L .

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/di ... =392&pos=6

The effect of this is to alter the centre of gravity of the doll. However it does exert an extra load on the standard RD fitting for the neckbolt. I'm not aware of any failures in that area though.

Hope this all helps with your own designs.

Regards,

Al

Ronny

Post by Ronny »

Terrific work, Al!

I'm especially impressed by the photo stand, and now Anya insists that I should build a stand just like that for her. :P If I can find the parts needed, I will.

Thanks Al, Yoshiko, and Kimiko for showing us these!

Ronny
[url=http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10262]Anya's and Nina's albums[/url]

In the meadow of sinful thoughts, every flower's a perfect one [i]- Nightwish, She Is My Sin[/i]

INFORMATIONS