teddy-babes.com

New PLUSH Love Doll --"Teddy Babes"!!!!

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
GERARDO
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

New PLUSH Love Doll --"Teddy Babes"!!!!

Post by GERARDO »

Hi, all ...

I'm a returning lurker who never posted before, but I wanted to give you a sneak preview of a brand new product that a good friend of mine is about to release. They're called "Teddy Babes" and they're (as far as I know) the world's first **plush** love dolls --literally, a life-sized "stuffed animal" in the shape of a really sexy woman.

My friend (from whom I have permissin to post the photo link below) gave me one of their prototypes to "test market" (if ya know what I mean ;-)), and in all honesty, this thing is f***ing amazing! I've owned several inflatable latex dolls (e.g. the Latex Lady, French Madam, etc.), but this is a thousand times better! Unlike a latex doll (or, I assume, even a high-end silicone doll) a Teddy Babe's plush body is warm, vevetly-soft, and silky. It's also very light-weight and easy to manipulate. A perfect "cuddy doll." And, get this ... It's even posable! It has a bendable wire skeleton on the inside, as well as jointed arms and head! ...Great for taking sexy photos! It also has a velvety insert pussy (which, strangly enough, feels really incredible) that can be removed for easy clean up. I hear that they're also making a silicone pussy as an option for the more "orthodox" among us. :-)

According to their company literature, Teddy Babes will come "...in a choice of four initial characters" ---a Brunette, a Blond, a Red-Head, and an Asian, each with a different face and features. Each will come "complete with a high-end fashion wig, long fingernails, different colour lingerie and stockings, and real metal earrings." ...which I think are a really nice touch, and help to round out each doll's "personality."

They will be available on my friend's company website sometime after Christmas (I think in February) and will sell for about $600. I suggested that they offer a discount to TDF members. So, maybe they'll take my advise. I'll be sure to keep TDF posted.

So, for those of you (like me) who can't afford a RealDoll, this is DEFINITELY a great option. It's as good, if not better, than a high-end latex doll or the HVG. Actually, I'd say it's a lot better, since it's warm and soft and you can even pose it!

Check it out:

http://www.teddy-babes.com

Have a Happy Holiday Season!
Gerardo

plasticrules

Post by plasticrules »

Sign me up I want one

dwhite601
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dwhite601 »

Wow! She is cute! I want one too. How tall is she? I think your friend has a winner here.

David
See my girls Image

Nonfactor
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Nonfactor »

Yours is not the first one but a good idea anyway. That one sells for ~300$. Personally I'd prefer less gimmicks thrown in and a lower price in return.

ric
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ric »

Looks great, I'm very interested. Three questions though.

1. what does the but look like. (there was another doll like this but you put it together and it didnt look so great from the rear)

2. Is it possible to insert a fleshlight , taken out of the can, into the vagina?

3. Is this a U.S. company?

GERARDO
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by GERARDO »

Hi, everyone.

Wow, it's good to see that a lot of folks are interested in the new Teddy Babes. I'm really not the best person to answer all your questions, but I'll give them a shot. Teddy Babes are the creation of my buddy Dave and his wife Jennifer. They're plush toy designers who do some really amazing work; and now they're interested in getting into the love doll business. As it says on their temp marketing page, their website should be up and running in early 2006. You can email them now through their temp page (www.teddybabesarecoming.com); but they're also planning to join TDF and interact with you guys directly. I just left a phone message for Dave today. Maybe he can chime in here sometime this week.

But, as for your questions, here's what I know ....

Stacy asks about the other dolls. The one you see currently on their marketing page is (obviously) the brunette, and she's called "Tina." The one I have, though, is a blonde who they named "Cindy." She's really my favorite of the four. The Asian (I forget her name) is really sexy, though. And there's also a cool-looking redhead. I don't know why there aren't pics of these other dolls on their marketing page right now. I think they're saving that for the launch of their real site.

David (dwhite601) asks how tall they are. They're actually only about 4&1/2 feet tall, which I guess is "petite" by inflatable standards. I wasn't too keen on their height when I first heard about them, but once you see one (and especially once you're lying in bed "together" ;-)) it's not an issue at all. And I'm 6'1. They're actually, I think, a very good size for manipulating during "bed play." Also, Dave and Jennifer say that they wanted them to be seen as plush art pieces first --something you could leave out as a "sexy throw pillow" rather than deflate and store away. My ex-girlfriend and her sister actually saw my "Cindy" doll sitting in a chair in my bedroom and thought she was "adorable." :-)

Nonfactor points out how Teddy Babes are apparently not the first plush love dolls. Thanks for correcting me, Nonfactor. I'll pass that info on to Dave and Jen so they don't make any false claims. I still think that their product has a lot more going for it than the Japanese (??) plush doll from your link, though. To each his own, I guess. :-)

And, ric asks about its butt. Personally, I think it looks very good. There's no anal opening, however. But, very nice cheeks; very squeezable/spankable. It kind of has a J-Lo "hump" going on, but not a "bubble butt." You also ask about inserting a Fleshlight (sans can) into the vagina. Yes, I tried this myself. It can be done, but it sticks out a bit. So, if you're going for sensation, you'll be fine. If you're going for visual appearance, well ... Then it isn't the best fit; which is understandable, since it's obviously made by a different company than Fleshlight, and not designed specifically for that. The vagina can hold a number of other commercial "inserts," though. And, as I mentioned in my original post, they're designing a silicone insert made especially for this doll.

And, lastly ... Yes, the company is an American one.

Hope that helps, guys. Again, I'm going to get Dave on TDF asap so he can answer your questions in more detail.

Again, here's the link:

www.teddy-babes.com

Thanks!

GERARDO

mrdudeguyman
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by mrdudeguyman »

This looks pretty cool. I'm wondering about the material and if it can be sprayed with flexiskin to give it a realistic skin finish...

$600 is kinda steep for a plush doll though...

Nonfactor
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Nonfactor »

Plush usually has hairs on the surface, spraying that would result in a desaster unless you choose to add a VERY thick layer (and then it might still look like a desaster).

Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Prettier then most of the Japanese plush I've seen. Very nice eyes. Definatly a company to keep an eye on. Price does seem kind of steep though. Still much more affordable the a Real doll. 8)

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

How do you clean the body?
I have dry cleaning system where you put garment in bag with a cleaning sheet and put in the dryer on Low setting. It's an inexpensive but effective dry cleaning method.

Is this how you would clean the body of the doll?
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

GERARDO
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by GERARDO »

Hi again.

I'm beginning to feel like their unofficial sales agent, but ... :-)

Just fyi, ... Dave and Jen (the Teddy Babes creators) are out of town until Monday. But, they say that they really appreciate the positive feedback so far, and want to post on TDF themselves when they return and have time to. So, please keep the questions / comments coming. Dave also said that he will try his best to put pics of the other Teddy Babes (the blond, red-head, and Asian characters) on their marketing page (www.teddybabesarecoming.com) before Xmas, so you can see them too.

In regard to Inkling's question about cleaning the doll, ... While it seems to me that a low setting might work, Dave says that he doesn't recommend putting it in the dryer because that might cause damage to the eyes, lips, and plastic nails. The lips are made of a very "kissable" rubber/soft plastic. What they recommend is hand-washing isolated sections of the doll with Woolite and a wet cloth and then blow drying them. However, the vaginal insert can be washed and tossed in the dryer. I've done that myself.

Mrdudeguyman asks about the plush material. The material is like a really soft and silky velvet. It feels really nice. Not like human skin per se. It's certainly no RealDoll. But, I personally think it's lightyears better than latex or vinyl. So, as Nonfactor points out, covering it with some kind of spray-on rubber skin would be impractical and would actually defeat the purpose. It would also probably ruin the doll.

As for the price, ... I hear ya. But, I've paid as much (actually more) for dolls that are nowhere near as sexy or "cuddly." I guess it's all a matter of what someone is looking for in a doll. Also, keep in mind that these are essentially high-end pieces of plush art; and getting something like that for less than $1,000 is pretty much a bargain.

I'll be sure to let you know when the pics of the other dolls are up on their webpage.

GERARDO

P.S. ....

Can I ask Stacy, Inkling, or one of the other administrators a question? At the bottom of your home page, there are promotional windows featuring links to 1st-PC, Abyss, and the Vegas Expo, etc. Is it possible for any TDF member to set up a (sorry, don't know what to call it) "promotional window" like this? If so, how would one go about doing it? I think, when they're ready, Dave & Jen would very much like to create a link between TDF and their Teddy Babes site. ....assuming TDF would have no objection to this sort of thing. I was just curious how that works.

Thanks!

GERARDO

Bill
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Bill »

Hi GERARDO,

You are going too fast for now. We would rather wait until your friends are in production and have sold a few dolls to our members. The product looks great and I suggest you open a topic in the "Dolls in General" section to keep us informed. We have been burnt in the past with new dolls that didn't materialize.
I feel that Teddy Babes will have a great future at the right price.

blacksmith
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by blacksmith »

this is a very good idea for a doll. i would consider buying one when they are in full production. great look, not real keen on the size of the doll, but i do prefer taller and more plump women than what most consider to be "average"

P.S. i am going to start taking orders for my chain maille lingerie after the new year!

~BS~
I can find the area under the curve, but I can't find my car in a parking lot!

I was once told "that's not possible", so I went out and did the impossible.

I fell in love with a doll...

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

In addition to Bill's post -
No, TDForum members cannot post there. Those "promotional windows" are actually news articles. We have News person on staff that takes care of them. I agree with Bill. Year 2006 when they are actually being sold, then that might be a time for a New! Available Now! type of News item.

I think original Announcement was fine. However, updates and posts that follow each update should be in the forum Dolls In General like Bill said.

Thank you for answering my cleaning question. I was assuming hair (on head) could be removed. You are right - no rubber material should go in dryer. I was thinking about doll as a novelty pillow item rather than for sex (once in bikini or lingerie). Asuming I get better job 2006 and could get one 2007. I don't think I'd pay 1000 dollars, but then again, I'm not thinking about using it for sex (yes, post said "under").
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

Freddy

Post by Freddy »

This is one beautiful doll especially the face, the body (from what is pictured) looks great, except the arms & hands.IMO they need to be more defined in proportion with the rest of the body,giving it a more realistic look.

I'm also confused about the insert.Being made of the same material as the body,is it lined with the same rubber/plastic material as the lips on the head ?Are the nipples the same?

What material is used for the inner stuffing & armature?Are the wigs removable or permanently attached?

I see great potiential for this creation,But also thiink the price is a bit high.

I wish you very good luck with this project !

Freddy

INFORMATIONS