Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

Hi Guys

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Mr Toad
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Hi Guys

Post by Mr Toad »

I've been coming to the forums every couple months for a few years now, I bought a boy toy torso and head kit (and face, of course!) when they first came out and lurked around to pick up tips on care and cleaning and such. The regulars here seem like quite the friendly bunch, so hopefully you guys don't mind someone with just the torso signing up to chat with all the full doll owners.

Today is my first time on the forums in about six months, and I just couldn't pass up the chance to win new eyes for my doll, so I thought I'd register.

Now, of course, I have to come up with five posts with the deadline for contest submissions fast approaching! So, I figured saying hi would be a good place to start. I just hope they approving of newbie posts doesn't take too long, I'd hate to miss my chance.

Ha ha, now I just have to worry about learning how to post pictures onto the forum.

Nyarlat
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Hi Guys

Post by Nyarlat »

Hello and welcome Mr. Toad! :glou:

Posting pictures is pretty easy, and so is getting five posts as well. :)

Eye Candy is a good place to get your posts, as well as a good place to check out some great pictures of pretty dolls. After that just look out for the "Add the file" button under the post box and it's all pretty self explanatory.

Be safe and happy dolling! :angel:

P.S. Can't wait to see photos of your beauty!

Mr Toad
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Mr Toad »

Hey!

I'm actually eager to post my own pictures, I have a few I rather like despite my torso refusing to sit up straight! I'm just worried if I should since again, it's not a 'full doll', so the pose and everything is really limited.

Once I get more comfortable I may have to make myself a basic album too.

havefun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by havefun »

Mr Toad wrote:Hey!

I'm actually eager to post my own pictures, I have a few I rather like despite my torso refusing to sit up straight! I'm just worried if I should since again, it's not a 'full doll', so the pose and everything is really limited.

Once I get more comfortable I may have to make myself a basic album too.
There are people who have torso photo's that are very nice, I would post them.
By the way Hi!!!

Mr Toad
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Mr Toad »

Mind if I put out a couple odd questions?

I've never really seen it brought up before, although it's possible I've always missed it, but are there any sorts of things I should avoid mentioning / posting pictures of?

The main thing that pops into my head is that my doll has caused me to develop quite the wig collection, and some of the wigs are meant to resemble characters and such. I don't think I've ever seen a doll here that wasn't an original personality, so what're the taboos of doll look-a-likes?

Besides my inferiority complex about not having a full doll, I'm also a little worried that the things I like to dress my doll up as are too weird!

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

Hello Mr Toad and welcome to the forum... all you need is one more post and you'll unlock the rest of the functions including but not limited to posting photos.

To answer your question about the look a likes there are no rules... if you can make your doll look like a famous person more power to you... As you probably are aware there are dolls who have been licensed to be made to look like the actual models... ie the Wicked Girls.

Good luck on your quest and welcome to the forum... :glou:
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

Mr Toad
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Mr Toad »

Hey Dollarhyde,

Thanks for the tip. Actually, I'm worried because it's not so much famous persons but famous characters, I'm into the cartoonier boy toy dolls because*, well, they look a bit more like anime / cartoon / video game characters, and I'm afraid of alienating other forum goers with my odd fondness's for certain characters.

I suppose I shouldn't worry so much though, after all, this forum appears to be dedicated to sharing one's personal tastes.

I also suppose I should fiddle with a avatar and play with my dolls to get myself a few shots worth submitting to the contest. Maybe after dinner... Thanks for the help!

*Actually, the big eyes with working eyelids was the biggest selling point for me. The cartoonier look didn't hurt.

Christine
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Christine »

Welcome,

:glou:

Bilbo Baggens
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Bilbo Baggens »

welcome to the doll forum mr.toad :glou:
Look to this day, For it is life, The very life of life. Look well, therefore, to this day.

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Welcome to the forum, Mr Toad :D

No worries about not being a full doll owner, we're welcoming to all.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

Lemminkainen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Lemminkainen »

Mr Toad wrote:I've never really seen it brought up before, although it's possible I've always missed it, but are there any sorts of things I should avoid mentioning / posting pictures of?
The main thing that pops into my head is that my doll has caused me to develop quite the wig collection, and some of the wigs are meant to resemble characters and such. I don't think I've ever seen a doll here that wasn't an original personality, so what're the taboos of doll look-a-likes?
Besides my inferiority complex about not having a full doll, I'm also a little worried that the things I like to dress my doll up as are too weird!
Please follow TDF doll pic posting rules. :evidence:
That ran across my mind too; look a-likes...Although wigs may be similar, no two, unless you try to style it, (Single White Female?) are the same. Ergo, it's probably going to look a little bit different, thus unique.(at least to some degree) There's a few TBD Akiko's pics about, but Nunoko's looks a little different. Right now, I'm working on putting her hair up in a 'bun' proficiently :oops: :) ; makes her different. Be creative and learn some new skills. :idea:
My :drinking: Sangria laden brain cells are currently yelling "Dude... you're on a doll site, there is no 'too weird'..." :o :haha4:
But in all seriousness, perhaps you could start/add-on a new section to the Doll Harem albums, if the look of fashion is really into a 'specialty category'. :wink: :mrgreen:

angelah

Post by angelah »

Hi Mr Toad,
And welcome to the forum from an RG. Yes, it seems there are a few lurking about, but not too many.
We like dolls as well so is that weird or what? I hope to get one soon and some RGs already own them for whatever reasons.
And I think that because RGs are on this forum we must all be pretty broad minded.

angelah

Wim
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Wim »

Welcome to the Doll forum. You now have enough posts to upload your own pictures. You'll find out the the people here are quite nice when it's about dolls :)

INFORMATIONS