sexyrealsexdolls.com

Photographer looking for mannequin/doll advice.

No matter how great your camera might be, it is how you apply your skills that makes the difference between an OK shot and a great shot. Here you can talk technical, talk creative, share your techniques, lighting, and digital editing. This is where we can all help each other to take better photos.
If you post a photo here and are looking for a critique, you should be prepared for honest criticism even if it hurts. It will only help to make us better photographers.

Moderator: Swan

photoshoot

Photographer looking for mannequin/doll advice.

Post by photoshoot »

Hi Everyone.

This is my first post on the forum.

Im a glamour photographer who was recently contacted by a small lingerie company to shoot product shots for their online catalog. The original plan was to use a live model, but its causing a lot of problems with scheduling and turnaround time.

My first thought was to use a mannequin, but after hours of searching, im finding that a mannequin with all the "goods" is impossible to find.

If an item is sheer or see through they want to be able to tell that in the photos... so having a mannequin with no nipples and a smooth spot where the vagina should be, simply isn't an option. Im also seeing that mannequins dont have deep enough butt cracks to correctly display a thong or g-string.

So with all that said... that brings me to my point. Im here in search of a "doll" that has all the parts in tact. Note that the parts dont have to be "functionable", they simply have to be distinguishable (realistic looking nipples... a fully molded vagina complete with pubic patch, and a butt deep enough to swallow a thong like a real butt would).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll gladly return the favor to this community by becomming a regular poster of glamour images of the doll/mannequin that I find.

Thanks for your time

GFELube
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Photographer looking for mannequin/doll advice.

Post by GFELube »

Welcome, photoshoot.

If you are looking for something poseable but more realistic than a mannequin, then you will most likely have to get one of the higher-end dolls. There are several brands and models from companies in America, Europe & Japan. I would suggest that you check out the "High-End" sections here at the forum, to figure out which have the standing (possibly with support) and pose-ability that you require, as well as the realism in both facial features and nipples/genitals that you are looking for. Most should have the above requirements; I am not sure about pubic hair, though that can be an easy add-on. A couple of exceptions may include certain BoyToy models as well as Ruby13s, since they are less about "realism" and more about their "exotic" looks or sexual function (then again, you may be looking for that "look" with your clientele!)

Keep in mind that we have pre-loved dolls in our Buy&Sell section that may give you a good price on the type of doll you are looking for, and might enable you to get multiple models for variety. No need to be concerned about any icky-ness factors; the dolls can be cleaned/sterilized by both the seller and by you, or you can even have vaginal inserts/labia etc replaced on certain models.

Keep in mind we also have a resident expert, Stacy Leigh, a NY photographer whose pictures of high-end dolls are even used by the manufacturers themselves. I would suggest you ask her about any specific questions regarding posing/standing, realism, etc. Good luck!

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Nearly all dolls have nipples and labia, some have pubic hair (Real Doll and a couple others give the option of how much or none). As for badonkadonks, I think Ruby's "Brazil" tops the list on that one.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

Mechwizard
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mechwizard »

If you want a highly realistic look to a doll then it cuts the options down some. The price to buy in may be steep depending on whether you can get a pre-owned doll or not, but then once she's been bought that's basically it. She won't eat and won't want to get paid. A platinum silicone doll can be left in a pose indefinitely and won't get tired or bitch at you. A tin silicone doll, usually a few years older, will still do everything but will need to 'relax' after a while - basically up on her stand for a while so that the silicone doesn't develop compression problems.

But they're great to photograph and sexy as hell.
Birthday_girl_sm1.jpg
Birthday_girl_sm1.jpg (66.27 KiB) Viewed 5065 times
Mechwizard
Consort to the Queen of Curves
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10796

photoshoot

Post by photoshoot »

Thanks for all the information.

The doll doesn't necessarily need to be functionable or poseable. To clarify... a fixed pose mannequin would work fine... my only gripe about mannequins is that they have no "parts".

Dolls like the one posted above are quite amazing... and while i'd love to have one, it doesn't really fit into the budget for this project.

So does anyone know of a mannequin manufacturer that has comparable detail to one of these dolls?

And the more true-to-life proportionate the doll was, the better. Im not looking for something that caters to fantasy... something with realistic features and sizing... B-C cup chest, etc.

Another option I've considered is trying to find someone who owns a doll and would allow use of it in exchange for some quality photos. I know many are somewhat secretive about their real life identies on here, but the upmost privacy could be ensured if I decided to go down this avenue. If anyone reading this is curious, the Southern Indiana/Northern Kentucky/Western Ohio area is where I'd need the doll to be.

tchon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by tchon »

I am not sure if I recall correctly but some doll manufacturers make dolls without "functional" parts on request. Before I spread false informations I better do not give names - all you have to do is ask them, that should not cost anything.
However I guess that this does not influence the price much (will say, the doll will not get much cheaper.) Additionally a doll with "functional" parts might have a better resell value if you ever plan to sell her, especially if you can plausibly state that she has not been "used".

But still a doll is a lot of money for a mannequin, especially if you are not sure that you can reuse her after the project with the current customer is finished. (I did not follow the prices in the buy & sell section much, but as a wild guess even a brand new second hand doll usually sells at 2/3 of the initial value.)

I have the vague feeling I have forgotten something that might fit your needs better, but I cannot remember what. Duh :( I hope I remember and post it later, but do not count on that.

photoshoot

Post by photoshoot »

tchon wrote:I am not sure if I recall correctly but some doll manufacturers make dolls without "functional" parts on request. Before I spread false informations I better do not give names - all you have to do is ask them, that should not cost anything.
However I guess that this does not influence the price much (will say, the doll will not get much cheaper.) Additionally a doll with "functional" parts might have a better resell value if you ever plan to sell her, especially if you can plausibly state that she has not been "used".

But still a doll is a lot of money for a mannequin, especially if you are not sure that you can reuse her after the project with the current customer is finished. (I did not follow the prices in the buy & sell section much, but as a wild guess even a brand new second hand doll usually sells at 2/3 of the initial value.)

I have the vague feeling I have forgotten something that might fit your needs better, but I cannot remember what. Duh :( I hope I remember and post it later, but do not count on that.

Thanks for the detailed reply.

I may be headed in the total wrong direction here. I looked through some of the "preloved" dolls on this site, and it seems that the realistic ones still sell for $2500+ (often times more).

I guess to be extremely specific, I've been looking at mannequins that are in the $100-200 range. I was hoping that there was a more detailed, higher quality version in the $500 or less range, that would have a full anatomy.

I was also hoping to save a little money by opting for non-functional "parts" and a non-poseable skeleton.

Thanks so much for everyones input. This really is a very friendly and accomidating community, and I really appreciate all the info.

Perhaps even if I end up going with a mannequin that doesn't really fit in here, I can post up the photos, and maybe it will lead to a few opportunities within this forum (Id love to do some photos for one of the manufacturers).

Ive found a mannequin that has realistic chest, the only downside is that it does not have a pubic area. For the sake of this project, all the client really wants is the ability to have something there to represent the "parts" so that the clients knows how revealing/sheer the lingerie item is. So I may end up going with something as simple as having someone paint the pelvic region with a "landing strip" or similar.

pulchri-dude
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pulchri-dude »

There was a mannequin line introduced 3 years ago at the Adult Entertainment Expo out on the West Coast that was close to what you're looking for SexyMannequin - some TDF members purchased some - quite expensive at @ $900 each. - not very poseable but had most of the parts detail. Out of business already?

This link is not as realistic as those were but may be adequate for lingere shoots, but they mostly are re-paints of European or cheaper models - find on ebay quite often:

http://www.robotnine.com/2009/10/sexy-m ... mages.html
Attachments
Chrissi 3.jpg
Chrissi 3.jpg (113.23 KiB) Viewed 4967 times
Aisha 2.jpg
Aisha 2.jpg (144.71 KiB) Viewed 4967 times

janesays
Ex-Member

Post by janesays »

(realistic looking nipples... a fully molded vagina complete with pubic patch, and a butt deep enough to swallow a thong like a real butt would).
In my opinion,Private Island Beauties(PIB) have nice looking nipples and a really nice ass as far as looks go. I don't own one but every PIB picture I have seen shows this off. Just have a look in the doll album http://www.dollalbum.com/ to get some idea of what is out there. It was a big help to me in my choosing of a doll. BTW,Welcome to the doll forum. :D
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

mexdl
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by mexdl »

lovely mannequins,
I´m doing some research on mannequins to my very first doll mold, found that some non-expensive ones are quite sexy.

look for the F/BT-04 model (imported) it sells with a wig.
you can attach (sexual toys) or re-paint the girly parts.

INFORMATIONS