DeeDee
PIB
Tamara

Any info on the new body style?

Love dolls built by Patrick a.k.a. Toonist.
toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

Hi,
Just posted a pic of the Asian face I'm working on in the Doll Album...

Time for an "F" name so, it's Fujiko. She fits right onto the "Bathing Beauty" body quite nicely.
I don't know how to post pics on these threads, sorry.
It's Fridaaaaaay!!! P

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

Thanks...I just didn't have any brown eyes laying around when I began this piece. Maybe somebody could p-shop it. I'd like to see that myself...P

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

Wow...Thanks so much!...what a difference...Stacy, you rock!!
P

hilltrot

Post by hilltrot »

Maybe, it's just me, but she doesn't look asian.

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

hilltrot wrote:Maybe, it's just me, but she doesn't look asian.
Hmmm...her eyes do have a hint of the Asian epicanthic folds and her skin tone seems right. To me she looks like an Asian-American.

Actually, I think I actually prefer her with the blue eyes! In an event, she is a VERY pretty doll.

TG
I am NOT currently a doll owner.

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

a work in progress...there is a new version of her now. (Doll album) Just shows you what a day can do...Why do I always feel like I'm screwing around when I take a day to actually sculpt...?
I like this Tokyo girl version...Some faerie ears look very appropriate on her.

itsme
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by itsme »

toonist wrote:a work in progress...there is a new version of her now. (Doll album) Just shows you what a day can do...Why do I always feel like I'm screwing around when I take a day to actually sculpt...?
I like this Tokyo girl version...Some faerie ears look very appropriate on her.

Nothing you Enjoy feels like work.
Hobbys that pay for themselves and pay for lunch are always the best.

stacy
The change in the eyes is amazing.

buckey
Active Poster
Active Poster

pib asian

Post by buckey »

Picture really doesn't do it for me.

I was hoping for a look more like that of 4woods, Orient Industry.

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

Hey hey...the piece on this post doesn't even exist anymore. I changed a lot about it yesterday. As far as wanting some other comanys' look...what can I say to that? I just try to do my own thing. I hope you checked her new look. She's quite elf like. I posted a Faerie pic.
I've sculpted fantasy figures for forever. How wonderful that my worlds are merging. Not all Asiatic faces have that fairy quality, but some certainly do. Have a wonderful day...P

hilltrot

Post by hilltrot »

toonist wrote:Hey hey...the piece on this post doesn't even exist anymore. I changed a lot about it yesterday. As far as wanting some other comanys' look...what can I say to that? I just try to do my own thing. I hope you checked her new look. She's quite elf like. I posted a Faerie pic.
I've sculpted fantasy figures for forever. How wonderful that my worlds are merging. Not all Asiatic faces have that fairy quality, but some certainly do. Have a wonderful day...P
I kinda like your lstest pic. definitely more fairie-like.

fuji

Post by fuji »

toonist wrote:I like this Tokyo girl version...Some faerie ears look very appropriate on her.
I seconds that! She's absolutely magnificent!!! I particularly like the faeries or other "fantasy look", and more especially with an asian type!! For me, one of your best work, definitely! I LOVES her with these faerie ears!
And she have something in her expression that gives her a certain "majesty", this "natural pride" that defines elves so well... maybe is it the reason why she "wears" these pointed ears so well...?

itsme
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by itsme »

fuji wrote:Image
toonist wrote:I like this Tokyo girl version...Some faerie ears look very appropriate on her.
I seconds that! She's absolutely magnificent!!! I particularly like the faeries or other "fantasy look", and more especially with an asian type!! For me, one of your best work, definitely! I LOVES her with these faerie ears!
And she have something in her expression that gives her a certain "majesty", this "natural pride" that defines elves so well... maybe is it the reason why she "wears" these pointed ears so well...?

fuji

I was just looking at this photos.
The work being done over at PIB is amazing.

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

I hope everybody is lovin life. Just wanted to say that I'll offer the Fujiko face/head in both Asian and Faerie versions. It was cool how one just drifted into the other.
I always thought that my Bella head works well with faerie ears as well. The model for Bella may well have a recurring T.V. role this summer. I'll let you know if it comes through for her.
Best, P

mahtek
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by mahtek »

Patrick,

Just what is that faerie up to?! 8O

I don't know what she's thinking about but it must be something naughty! :D

She looks like nothing but trouble. The good kind of trouble! :wink:

Delicious!

Mahtek & his Ladies
All I ever wanted, all I ever needed is here, in my arms. Words are very unnecessary, they can only do harm.

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

I think of Faeries as being full of playful mischief. Do we know what they're thinking? Definitely not! That's the fun.
They are quite naughty....but nice...

Getting together with my web guy tomorrow so we can nail down the details of my "ordering" page. Yea!

INFORMATIONS