Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

I believe in Realdoll

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Celtic

I believe in Realdoll

Post by Celtic »

After going through so much over the years and different CEO's it's still amazes me that Abyss is still going strong after all these years. Matt McMullen brought so much to the world when he introduced his first doll back in the day. His dolls are all over the world and not only bring a great sexual experience, but to many, companionship to a lot of people that might have always been alone. He may have never intended it to go that way, but it happend and he made a name for himself and brought something unique and original to the world. That's pretty cool.

Today, Matt McMullen is striving to improve everything. He has gone to task like there is no tomorrow. RD2 is going to be amazing. Just like evolution, his dolls just get better and better. He has new ideas come in and the old ones go out! Technologies that are used today are not the same as they were in the beginning. It's all about growth and making things better.

Matt McMullen is the creator of a whole world of dolls for all tastes. I doubt there is anything that is going to stop him from progressing and using innovative ideas that are going to change the doll market again. He's not afraid to try something new or fix a problem. We should all be grateful that he is truly a man among men and did it on his own. All Original...

So. Matt McMullen and Realdoll, I tip my hat to you and wish you continued success! You Rock!

itsme
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by itsme »

Long live Real doll.

HA dont forget boy toy

Matt M. made the dream a reality

Barnabus
Former Member

Post by Barnabus »

I believe...

That guns don't kill people...husbands coming home early do.

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Yup Realdoll guys,

I believe in you too.
Never have done that different.
And would not like to see the Realdoll boat sink.
My point is only that the discussion of Celtic regarding the LD is IMO out of proportion, he suggests that a LD is a 5 while a Realdoll is a 9 while he even has not seen the LD in the flesh (I haven't too I have to admit that.). I think and believe that a LD is comparable to a Realdoll and there are more manufacturers that build comparable dolls.
If Realdoll is the Honda then LD is the Yamaha.
The doll one at the end buys is just a matter of taste.

Mytime & Helen & Carmen
One dream, one mission...

manekineko
Server Admin Emeritus
Server Admin Emeritus

Post by manekineko »

I'd like to second Celtic's note. I think there's been a lot of unfair Abyss and Matt M. bashing recently. Abyss does some amazing work, produces a quality product, and has fantastic support, and which, along with Boy Toys, is actively working on making improvements and addressing concerns.

I've been amazed recently how some other companies have been getting such high praise when they hadn't even shipped a product yet based entirely on cults of personality. Cults of personality, by the way, which seem based entirely on assumptions and misinformation. I'd rather look at the facts and not take people's word on what might be and be swayed by distractions based on finger pointing and accusations.

I think we need to remember that it's all about the dolls. There are many good companies out there that cater to a variety of tastes. Each one has pros and cons, and each person has to decide for themselves what they prefer based on what each company bring to the table. Based on my own experience and personal tastes, Abyss has my support. Are they perfect? No, but then again no other doll is. I am amazed how many people look toward other companies as if they are the holy grail based on nothing more than a promise. Would I jump onto someone else's bandwagon based entirely on their say so? Definitely not. I'm just surprised that others here have.

Sorry for the rant. I'v actually been less active on the forum because of a dark tone that's been running through here recently. It saddens me to see it. I think Celtic's note speaks as a counterpoint to that and it seems only fair to speak up. I admire his courage to do so. I own a Realdoll and have been very happy with it, and I believe others are as well. I only have to look, touch, and feel my doll to know why. I just wish others would stop looking for scapegoats and get back to what's important. It's why we're here, after all.
Paige and Monica: Album and Blog

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Manekino,

Lets two points be clear:

1) I hate Realdoll Abyss bashing too, as the whole management does. I have 2 Realdolls sitting home one 2003 B7H11 and one 2008 B7F11.
So I know that these are beautifull high end dolls, and like them a lot.
No harm in praising a Realdoll or Matt M's beautifull faces body's etc, IMO.

2) What my point was that he bashed LD in this thread in a to me unreasonable dishonest way, indicating that LD was not a realistic doll, but more looking like a painted mannequin.
http://www.dollforum.com/modules.php?na ... ic&t=23497
Maybe he took the wrong thing to compare on, the website. There are a lot older photo's of LD's, IMO they do today already a lot better job on makup etc. than in the very first start, and they will revision the website, but I think the difference between Realdoll and Lovable doll is not that big as he points out. Maybe today's LD's are not your tate, but they will develop new stuff, think you may be amazed about them too in future. On the other hand Realdoll goes on too with RD-2 I believe in that one too!

Mytime & Helen & Carmen

mahtek
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by mahtek »

No need to apologize for the rant, Manekineko. You have some very valid points.

If it were not for Matt M and his vision for Realdoll, a large and very good part of my life would be missing right now. For that I owe him a debt of gratitude.

Realdolls may get the most negative press here, but I think that's only because they have the largest presence here. Despite the fact that some dolls here have had problems, most appear not to have any problems at all. I for one believe Abyss does strive for continuous improvement, and RD2 will be the proof of that.

There may be new manufacturers coming on line, but for now all they can do is play catch up. No one can currently match the variety and volume of dolls Abyss offers. It will be a long time before anyone can match that.

So I tip my hat to Matt M. and the folks at Abyss, creators of Phoebe, my Queen.

Mahtek & his Ladies
All I ever wanted, all I ever needed is here, in my arms. Words are very unnecessary, they can only do harm.

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

Right now, despite some problems with their dolls, Abyss is the company that practically all new doll manufacturers want to imitate as much as possible. This is no accident. It took a LOT of hard work on the part of the people at the company and they are largely responsible to bringing high-end dolls to the Western world.

I agree with what others have said about Abyss tending to get bashed a lot and this is all due to the fact that they are currently on top of the totem pole of Western doll manufacturers. Such treatment seems to come with the territory. As the Japanese say "The nail that sticks out tends to get hammered!"

technoguy
I am NOT currently a doll owner.

Keithallen
Ex-Member

Post by Keithallen »

Mahtek wrote
If it were not for Matt M and his vision for Realdoll, a large and very good part of my life would be missing right now. For that I owe him a debt of gratitude.
SO very true, Mahtek.

Matt M. pioneered the whole concept of life sized silicone dolls for private collectors / owners. There was no such thing until Abyss Creations was formed. Matt and RealDoll have found a place in the history books. NO matter what other doll companies come on line - it will forever be that Matt M. started it all.

I don't think ther are very many poeple who do not appreciate this grand achivement, or truly dislike Realdolls. From what I've seen, I think we actually may be a bit spoiled. Some want the few problems fixed RIGHT NOW, others cry out for an ever better, lighter, etc...etc... doll. Yet all these people tend to forget that if it wasn't for the artistry and passion for detail of Matt M - we wouldn't have these doll at all. New dolls will come, and they will evolve into even more wonderous creations.

It all started with one man in a garage with an idea.

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

SO very true, Mahtek.

Matt M. pioneered the whole concept of life sized silicone dolls for private collectors / owners. There was no such thing until Abyss Creations was formed. Matt and RealDoll have found a place in the history books. NO matter what other doll companies come on line - it will forever be that Matt M. started it all.
Yup thats true, and certainly now we have a member with a prototype Realdoll (Arielle) it shows some of back when Realdoll started, the first of its kind. And one can not easy find a better name for it too.
RealDoll describes best what she is, a Doll that looks Real, although I think I have found a nice name with DreamQueen, thinking about a name for such doll, I soon found that Realdoll is an unbeatable found.

Mytime & Helen & Carmen

RaDiv
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RaDiv »

RealDolls rock, no doubt about that. 9 bodies and 16 beautiful faces is quite difficult to match.

I'm pretty sure my next doll will be a RealDoll :D
She told me to come but I was already there

Campdaan
Ex-Member

Post by Campdaan »

My RealDoll is Super !

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Radiv wrote
RealDolls rock, no doubt about that. 9 bodies and 16 beautiful faces is quite difficult to match.
True that is as it is today and I do not want to bash anyone, but I see LD building body's and faces fast. I would not be wondered if they've the same big choice in bodies and heads within 3-4 years, just to point out that there is something going on.

Those Realdoll look very sexy.
Can't almost keep my hands off :lol:

Mytime & Helen & Carmen

TobyToby

Post by TobyToby »

Abyss does deserve credit for making the doll dream a reality. Honestly they make beautiful dolls, and are the leaders in there field. I would love to buy a couple for reviewing, and plan too some day. Being the leaders in there field I would expect them to be focused on new construction methodology to create more life like feeling dolls in the critical areas, especially the upper inner thighs, rear ends, etc. Making not just a beautiful doll, but a real feeling doll, and a doll that can be maintained, and repaired to like new condition, no matter what the damage!

The facts in my world, no one can do realistic boobs in the same league at Abyss, I give whole hearted recognition for this.

I expect leading edge break thru’s from this company. So with that said, how about
Working out the details to make a real feeling beautiful doll, (legs and ass, remember I’m talking about upper legs and ass) I would love nothing more than to be a honest believer in your commitment, and dedication to accomplishing this.

Please don’t tell me how impossible it is, impress me! Tell me how you’re going to accomplish it, with out giving away any secrets of course.

Abyss is in fact a break thru company in this field. I’m not bashing, I’m giving heart felt honest feed back. If I get banned or blocked for being honest, I truly have no business being here.

Best Regards Toby

soragesum
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by soragesum »

Well, I love my realldoll, literally, so will never get another doll unless I get another one just like her if she ever becomes unrepairable. But will hate having to do that. So I could never thank Matt and company for what they have given to me! So any "critisism" I have ever spoken of abyss is simply constructive, that I would hope would be taken as nothing less. And could hopefully help to produce a more durable doll.

But I love that there are more high end dolls comming onto the market. Realdoll has innovated and tweaked their dolls over the years with things like the face x system and comming out with new body types and faces periodically. But their seems to be a certain amount of sudden developement and research into improving the dolls over the last year or so as other players come about, which is exciting. There for a while there were so many manifacturers announcing themselves that I couldn't hardly keep them straight!

I think this can only be good for the doll community as a whole as each manufacturer pushes each other, not to mention maybe adding some pressure to pricing.

So here's to all of them... Everyone from teddy babes to realdolls and everyone inbetween!

INFORMATIONS