betterlovedoll.com

**John's Girls**

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

Flyer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: **John's Girls**

Post by Flyer »

Very seductive corset :multi: :angel: :multi:

Brandy looks really very elegant and seductive :B-fly: :lilangel: :B-fly:

Great photoset :!: :!: :!: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

john1972

Post by john1972 »

Hello everyone lol..
Thanks for the great comments again :).

So today I did a few shots of Brandy again just testing out some changes I have been working on..
So for a long time I just used Auto White Balance on my cameras..
For the most part this worked out ..
Well I had a couple of recent shoots I did I noticed quite a bit of color changes between shots..
Some much more orange and warmer.. And then some more normal..
I found the culprit and its the fact I shoot in a small room and sometimes I am not very bright and turn on
the over head light. Get it not very bright? lol..
Ok ok but anyway ...
I also added some very warm much more orangish kinda toned sconces that hang on the wall at the head
of the bed..
Depending where I pointed the camera the darn thing saw different colored lighting and was changing up
my white balance on me lol.

Well I had been kicking around the idea for ages now about setting up custom white balance settings ..
I did on my old Canon camera towards the end and things got much more balanced in the color pallet
when editing the photos..

Well this Fuji camera is still quite new to me and I have been learning new stuff and what ever with it..
Well what you all do not know is that I have been working on setting up a custom white balance setting
on my camera for the last couple of shoots..
The first shoot I did I noticed I had went a bit too far into the cooler ranges of the Kelvin scale ...
The Kelvin scale is a unit of measurement for the color temperature of light, which is a way to describe how warm or cool a light appears. The scale ranges from 1,000 to 10,000 degrees Kelvin (K), with lower temperatures indicating warmer colors and higher temperatures indicating cooler colors.
Well todays shoot is closer to what I want but still not quite it..
You will still notice the whites in the photo still have a bit too much blues into them and lack a touch in the warmer side..

Anyway I will post those few images in a short little skit now..
I have already made adjustments and we shall see how the upcoming shoot works out :thumbs_up:

/////////////////////////////////////// Brandy Says Its Too Hot ///////////////////////////////////////

(Brandy Hot 1).jpg
(Brandy Hot 1).jpg (10.19 MiB) Viewed 378 times

Brandy: Hey John we gonna get that AC going soon its really getting hot out...
John: Yeah I think ill get the window unit installed into the bedroom tomorrow and we have the larger portable we can hook up any time out here.
Brandy: Ok good cause I am not used to all this heat.....

(Brandy Hot 2).jpg
(Brandy Hot 2).jpg (11.17 MiB) Viewed 378 times

John: I have noticed all you girls have been drinking a lot of soda lately so I figured you girls where starting to feel summer a bit more the last few days.
Brandy: Yeah soda is great on a hot day...
John: Yeah I am not much into soda as you know I just drink water unless I am partying with Natalie then its hard stuff .. (Laughs).
Brandy: Yeah she drinks too much.....

(Brandy Hot 4).jpg
(Brandy Hot 4).jpg (10.4 MiB) Viewed 378 times

Brandy: Hey what are you doing down there?...
John: Oh sorry I dropped something...
Brandy: You sneaking pics of me in my panties?...

(Brandy Hot 3).jpg
(Brandy Hot 3).jpg (11.18 MiB) Viewed 378 times

John: Umm no really I did not take any pictures.. (Shrugs).
Brandy: Sure that's why you got the camera with you right?...
John: Oh I was just messing with some settings when you called me out here..
Brandy: (laughs) All you have to do is ask and you can take pics of me with these on or off....
John: Oh as much as that sounds fun I have to agree that its kinda hot in here and I think you and me both would loose like 10lbs having sex right now..
Brandy: Hmmm I never said anything about sex... But now that you mentioned it , Sounds fun....
John: Its too hot...
Brandy: Ill meet ya in the shower we can adjust the water temp to what ever we want (laughs)...
John: Oh ummm I could use a shower sure...

Flight of Fancy
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Flight of Fancy »

I can see the sweat on Brandy's skin! And it looks like things are about to get a lot hotter. :onfire: :onfire: :onfire: FYI, I'm always adjusting the white balance depending on the background I've chosen, but my shots are usually composites.
Sandy isn’t tall (155 cm) but she has a big personality and towers over her 1/6 scale sisters. None of them will ever admit they are dolls.
For more photos of Sandy and her sisters check out their thread: "Sandy's Enchanting World" in the Eye Candy forum.<viewtopic.php?t=154188>

KKFun
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by KKFun »

great work, she loves soda, LOL. beware of sweet teeth. :glou:

Flyer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Flyer »

Summer and heat give us the opportunity to see girls in scantily clad clothes :onfire: :multi: :onfire:

Brandy looks very sexy indeed :B-fly: :eggface: :B-fly:

Great fotoset :!: :!: :!: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

Get that AC running! It’s been sweltering around here too… 🥵

I noticed that window in the background. Stray light from outside is usually what messes up my WB the most! You and I share that plight of having small spaces to shoot our pics in. I’ve spent much more effort in recent times trying to control the light coming in my windows… it’s definitely helped. Thank goodness for blackout curtains!

Good luck with your experiments!

john1972

Post by john1972 »

ShadowFun wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 5:07 am Get that AC running! It’s been sweltering around here too… 🥵

I noticed that window in the background. Stray light from outside is usually what messes up my WB the most! You and I share that plight of having small spaces to shoot our pics in. I’ve spent much more effort in recent times trying to control the light coming in my windows… it’s definitely helped. Thank goodness for blackout curtains!

Good luck with your experiments!
Hey man.
Yeah hope to get the window AC in this room today ...
And yes any light sources can change up the entire color balance of your shot if you use auto white balance.
It has been doing a pretty good job so I just let it do its thing lol..
I never use the JPG anyway so I was thinking maybe the RAW files where not effected very much and I guess I was wrong..
So using the manual Kelvin settings the camera stops auto adjusting so what ever you set it to it just stays at that balance no matter what
light source you use..
Thus why it did not change when I pointed the camera at the window :).
Yeah it was a touch blown out in brightness but that is exposure lol..
I think this will work out better in the long run after I master the entire scale range..
I hope that in time ill just be able to look at the light source and set the Kelvin in a few seconds and be pretty close every time ...
I would image the more I do it the faster ill get at it..
This will save me from having to take a picture of my fold up gray thing for setting white balance and just be able to set it where
I want and leave it..
Most of the time I shoot with it inside and use LED lights for when the lens is wide open so I can focus and then rely on the strobes to
give the master light..
Most strobes today use the same types of flash tubes and are pretty close to each other..
The diffuser can warm up the color some if its silver or white and or a soft box but over all a few tweaks between each and the RAW files
are almost all the same.
I will let you know how this methods works out.. :thumbs_up:

bigchilli
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by bigchilli »

Mmmmm wet and shiny

My kind of gal 😉

She looks amazing

Wonder how she'd look with oil 🤔🤣

john1972

Post by john1972 »

Ok more boring stuff for those that only want to see photos lol.
But for those that love photography check out this video and be sure to watch it all..
He makes points I have said so many times its crazy..
Oh and I am shocked he just never did learn to develop his own film as its MUCH cheaper...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmFue9Z9ygc

Flight of Fancy
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Interesting but also funny. It's like watching a Millennial trying to tell other Millennials what it was like living fifty years ago. :haha4:
Sandy isn’t tall (155 cm) but she has a big personality and towers over her 1/6 scale sisters. None of them will ever admit they are dolls.
For more photos of Sandy and her sisters check out their thread: "Sandy's Enchanting World" in the Eye Candy forum.<viewtopic.php?t=154188>

john1972

Post by john1972 »

Flight of Fancy wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:31 am Interesting but also funny. It's like watching a Millennial trying to tell other Millennials what it was like living fifty years ago. :haha4:
Well I think his point was not really to push people into shooting old cameras loaded with film..
But instead reveal what he learned from the slower more thought out process..
I use many of my older film habits when I shoot digital ..
Like examples..
I like using manual focus or just mech lenses in general that require the user to turn actual rings on the lenses lol.
As you know those numbers and markings on the lenses are there for a reason lol.
Yeah its fun sometimes to use a fully auto lens with auto focus but when I bought my high end digital camera one of the more
important things I looked for was dials and the ability to use those dials like older manual cameras ..
Fujifilm has been using this sort of layout forever pretty much on there high end cameras and being able to slow down and take
my digital photos much like I do my film photos just feels good to me.
Its something that has been lost in todays photography ...
Everyone grabs a cell phone or a automatic camera and just points it and clicks away hundreds of images without a care..
The more I learn the less amounts of the same pose or shot I end up on my memory card on my digital cameras..
The last shoot I did I was going over the photos to pick some and noticed a couple of shots I did there was only TWO versions of it
on my digital camera lol , Not 10 or more but just 2.
Light variations in exposure maybe or slight adjustments of the head..

Like he said , Its not really about editing like sooooo many people do anymore..
Instead its more about trying to get things right the first time or two strait from the camera..
Many people shun my photography talks on here..
I have lost many followers because of it..
But in the end its really all about what makes you happy..

I do not like AI software... I think its cheating and fake and misleading..
I like simpler and making due with what I have around me..
Get the shots as good as I can strait from the camera ...
I am not saying what others do is wrong as they can do what ever they want..
Again in the end as long as they enjoy there photos then its fine for them..
But what I like , You may not like...
What You like I may not like..

I take photos to challenge myself and hope that someday I shoot my photos how I really see them in my head..
Some of my shoots are close but most of them just get me by and others like them so I keep going ..

Its often harder to please yourself then to please others :thumbs_up:

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

john1972 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:54 am Its often harder to please yourself then to please others :thumbs_up:
Oh… it’s WAY harder to please myself! 😜

There’s a reason the phrase ‘your own worst critic’ exists. As you well know, I love the fidgety nature of photography with too many manual controls. Sometimes… like in my shoot the other day… I think I get too caught up in all the mechanicals. But most of the time it’s worth it… and often transcendent.

Particularly when I realize the pics are better than I thought they were.

Because other people like them!

john1972

Post by john1972 »

ShadowFun wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:38 pm
john1972 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:54 am Its often harder to please yourself then to please others :thumbs_up:
Oh… it’s WAY harder to please myself! 😜

There’s a reason the phrase ‘your own worst critic’ exists. As you well know, I love the fidgety nature of photography with too many manual controls. Sometimes… like in my shoot the other day… I think I get too caught up in all the mechanicals. But most of the time it’s worth it… and often transcendent.

Particularly when I realize the pics are better than I thought they were.

Because other people like them!

Well as long as you and others say you like them I will continue to try and make photos with the girls lol..
And just a side note..
Today at a yard sale I picked up one of the dreaded Kodak Six-20 Flash box cameras..
I am just now finishing up a cleaning and lube.. And umm I have a feeling that silly camera is gonna take decent photos lol.
OH and its 6X9 :).
It was filthy... My god but the lens was not scratched at all..
I have no idea how that lens survived such abuse all those years..
It also has an actual metal 620 spool..
You cant use a 120 spool in the take up slot because the cross cutout on the ends of the spool are much smaller on the 620 spool..
Also the 620 spools edges around the ends of the spool slightly over lap on 120 but are flush to the film on 620 so you have to take some
decent nail clippers and just trim the excess around the edge of the spool and away you go :)..
I will show you some shots I take with it if they turn out even in the near future as I plan on shooting a roll on it to add into my batch of black and
white film ill be starting to develop in about two months or so.. :).
Yay primitive box camera lol.

john1972

Post by john1972 »

Ok so before I post this shoot I want to explain a couple of things to you all so you understand why you
sometimes see Alessia in my photo shoots..

So about a year or so ago my good friend Yungsynth sold his house where he was staying and was moving across the US
to the state where his mother lives I do believe..
When he sold his house he got a bit more money then he had planned and wanted to update his girls with new bodies ..
This is very cool and I was very happy for him as I know how much his girls mean to him..
Well upon ordering a new body for Alessia he got a good deal for a new body and head both..
Well over the years he knew how much fun id had doing collaborations with him over the net with Selena and Alessia.
Well instead of destroy or throw out the old bodies he decided to give them away to friends ..
One night while talking to him he asked me if id be interested in Alessia as he knew id take good care of her.
I was kinda shocked at the moment as he was gonna ship her to me with the old head and all..
Then on his travels while moving he would stop and stay a couple of days and id give him some money for the shipping cost.
Sure thing all this happened and we had a blast lol.
Was a great time having him around and we got in those fun photo shoots while he was here.

But behind the scenes what many of you did not know is that when Synth left Alessia's old self was staying here with Selena and
Tabby :).
Over the past year I have tried to keep the story line going of Alessia coming to visit via her small alien drop ship lol.
I still do this in the photo shoots and its great fun and keeps the story going :).

Well now that you know I have decided it was time to do a more serious shoot with her and to keep the story line going here is a photo shoot
of Alessia posing in Neptunian Blue Lingerie for her Social Media fans ...
Also many threats of killing me for looking at her wrong while taking sexy pictures of her lol.

//////////////////////// Alessia Comes To Visit Again ///////////////////////////

Bang, Clunk , Rattle rattle...

Alessia: The queen has arrived and I brought snacks.
John: Oh Hi Alessia how are you?
Alessia: I am well thank you sir button finder..
John: John , Names John but ill let Selena know you are here..
Alessia: Thank you.
John: Selena and Tabby Alessia is here..

Selena: Oh great ill be there in a min.
John: Ill let her know..

John: She says she will be here in a few minutes..
Alessia: Ok.
Alessia: So she said something about new photos ?.
John: Umm well I am not sure you will want to but Selena bought this lingerie specially for you..
Alessia: Ehhh more sexy photos for social media followers ?.
John: I guess so but its actually pretty nice and we do not have to do any naked photos.
Alessia: Good cause I know how your perverted mind is...
John: Alessia I am a good boy I promise I would never look at you like that..
Alessia: Cause you know better..
Selena: Oh Zingers..Yummy.
Alessia: Of course ..
Selena: Ok so you gonna be soooo happy when you see this really cute lingerie I ordered for you...
Alessia: yeah why is it gold plated or something ? You know suitable for a queen ? ..
Selena: Is Better (Grins big).
Alessia: Hmmm ok fine lets get this over with.. ..
John: Ill be in the bedroom ready to do the photos..

(Alessia 1).jpg
(Alessia 1).jpg (11.09 MiB) Viewed 128 times

Alessia: I don't know how I let you talk me into this stuff Selena ..
John: Oh that looks great on you, Professionally wise of course..
Selena: Is HOT....
Alessia: Well of course its hot, Its Neptunian Blue..

(Alessia 2).jpg
(Alessia 2).jpg (8.78 MiB) Viewed 128 times

John: So are you gonna try and kill me if I ask you to get on the bed?
Alessia: Maybe, Have you found anymore buttons ?..
John: No no new buttons yet sorry.
Alessia: You better get looking faster, I need to get that button working again soon...

(Alessia 3).jpg
(Alessia 3).jpg (11.04 MiB) Viewed 128 times

John: For some reason I just can not take you seriously at blowing up things at this moment..
Alessia: Seeee This is exactly what I was talking about....
John: Noooo geee forget it.. Bed?
Alessia: Nooo..
Selena: Just for poses then we go eat some Zingers with Tabby.....
Alessia: Fine....
John: Ok so do a nice relaxed sexy pose like you are waiting for a really hot alien boyfriend to come join you or something..
Alessia: You are silly human.. If we want a man we just take him...
John: Oh ok ummm well hey I am safe (Smiles).

(Alessia 4).jpg
(Alessia 4).jpg (11.17 MiB) Viewed 128 times

John: Hey that's hot..
Alessia: STOP LOOKING AT ME..
John: What? I have to look at you to take the pictures gee...
Alessia: Hurry up before I change my mind...
Selena: Pictures gonna be great and we put these on social media for your followers (Smiles Big)..

(Alessia 5).jpg
(Alessia 5).jpg (10.99 MiB) Viewed 128 times

John: Yeah these gonna be great pictures for sure..
Alessia: If I find out you was touching yourself or something while editing these I am gonna kill you ...
John: Gee relax , You are the one that wanted me to be your second in charge of photos ...
Alessia: Fine take a few more and we all done ?...
John: Yeah I can get a few more and we can call it all good ok?

(Alessia 6).jpg
(Alessia 6).jpg (10.71 MiB) Viewed 128 times

John: Very nice... If these don't get more followers nothing will.
Alessia: They better , You guys getting me into all these sexy clothes thinking nasty things about me....
John: You wear these things for Synth...
Alessia: That is different ..
John: Ok one more picture and ill edit these so Selena can post them ok?

(Alessia 7).jpg
(Alessia 7).jpg (11.17 MiB) Viewed 128 times

Alessia: There I did my best looking sexy ...
Selena: You did great and wont be long you can capture all of those followers and bring them to your new planet to be your slaves....
Alessia: Shhhh stop talking about that out loud ...
John: What?
Selena: Oh nothing.. Let me know when those are edited John. Love you Kisses ....
John: Love you too Selena..
Selena: Yay lets go eat some Zingers......
Alessia: Can I take this outfit home with me ? ...
Selena: Yay Selena did good and gots great lingeries for Alessia (Smiles Big)......
Alessia: Well its Neptunian Blue ...

Flight of Fancy
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Selena is so easy to bribe, just a Mtn Dew and a box of Zingers. :eating: With Alessia in the house, I'd find sleeping a bit difficult. 0X :glou:

INFORMATIONS