Starpery.com

Cleaning Eyes-

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Re: Cleaning Eyes-

Post by MannequinFan »

Photo_guy wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:51 pm I did pop out Ambers eyes and polish on them a bit and it really did help, but I couldn't believe how scratched up they are upon closer inspection. I think they can be salvaged but am also looking for a new set providing I can get the right color.
My question is I am on Amazon and see there are many different sizes from various sellers- can anyone tell me what size the standard WM Dolls come with?
Hey PG, the standard eye size used in most TPE dolls is between 32mm and 33mm diameter half sphere.
If you're in the market for a new set of eyes, maybe some Easy Moves could help solve some of your issues? The changeable irises are glass cabochons so they won't get scratched easily like the resin coated factory eyes. I believe Rock13 is showing a few. 😊

Also, it looks like I might have a color that's really close to your photo...

Photo_guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Photo_guy »

MannequinFan wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:43 am
Hey PG, the standard eye size used in most TPE dolls is between 32mm and 33mm diameter half sphere.
If you're in the market for a new set of eyes, maybe some Easy Moves could help solve some of your issues? The changeable irises are glass cabochons so they won't get scratched easily like the resin coated factory eyes. I believe Rock13 is showing a few. 😊

Also, it looks like I might have a color that's really close to your photo...

Oh yea!
I noticed on amazon the sizes ranged quite a bit, thanks for the correct one.
I've got a 13 hour day ahead of me but will look into these tonight. 😎
Every day is a good day, some are just better than others. - RJD
Jo- WM 167 H Cup Fitness Model
Amber- (Shared Body) Head #266

Stacy
Five Card Draw

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Just as an update ... I've moved away from using Acrylic floor sealer on eyes (Pledge, Future, etc.)
Although they DO give a great gloss effect, they are designed to be stripped, since folks strip and redo their floors.
As such, some chemicals or sprays can fog them. :(

After trying several coatings I've been happy with some Rustoleum Ultracover clear gloss from a spray can.
If you mist lightly from a distance you can get a good even coat that works well.
The stuff should be widely available in multiple markets.

Cheers!
... W ...
Eye-Gloss-Spray.jpg
Eye-Gloss-Spray.jpg (16.54 KiB) Viewed 237 times
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

Photo_guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Photo_guy »

Hmm, true story.
My old man had a side gig as a janitor when I was just old enough to pull a vacuum cleaner. He was always stripping and re-waxing floors.
Good call.
I do plan to save the old eyes and apply some of the techniques you've described, it's finding the time to do so is what's proving a challenge- winter is coming though 😁
Every day is a good day, some are just better than others. - RJD
Jo- WM 167 H Cup Fitness Model
Amber- (Shared Body) Head #266

Stacy
Five Card Draw

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Photo_guy wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:51 pm Hey gang- going to revive an old thread with a new question-

I did pop out Ambers eyes and polish on them a bit and it really did help, but I couldn't believe how scratched up they are upon closer inspection. I think they can be salvaged but am also looking for a new set providing I can get the right color.
My question is I am on Amazon and see there are many different sizes from various sellers- can anyone tell me what size the standard WM Dolls come with?
I am not at home right now and am unable to measure for myself-

And yea, it's time to redo her eyebrows was well. I'm guessing regular make up isn't the best for long lasting, what is everyones go-to for that?
The Alaskan in me says; Sharpie but that's probably not right... 😁
I just got done with several set of eyes and dealing with stain removal, crack repair, polishing and sealing.

Probably write it up and post in a few days.

Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

INFORMATIONS