zelex.com.cn

Ok, guys - broken back!

Zelex is a company specializing in the development and manufacture of ultra-realistic sex dolls. We have a professional R&D team whose purpose is to design high-quality sex toys to provide customers with a perfect experience. Each of our products is hand-drawn by the artist with a realistic shape and fine makeup. We guarantee the product quality is safe and has the test certificate from an authority. Website: www.zelexdoll.com
The Messenger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Ok, guys - broken back!

Post by The Messenger »

Well I plan to try what Oscar DeBarataria describes with Steelstik and hose clamps.
Though I plan to attach a new half pipe to the upper piece to give me more landscape to work with.
It'll have to attach with a bolt since I don't weld.
Wish me luck. :(
Zenobia - WM163 H-cup - Eye Candy - 10 Week Journal
Mavia - D4E165 I-cup - Eye Candy
BFF!
Instagram

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Stainless steel hose clamps are good for attaching a half pipe, no drilling :)

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

If you guys are hell bent on hose clamps, at least do and get the better clamps. Ditch those shitty worm-gear clamps and get T‑bolt clamps, sometimes called "Racing Clamps," they are far stronger and more reliable.
Attachments
T bolt hose clamp
T bolt hose clamp
t-bolt-clamps.png (75.09 KiB) Viewed 386 times
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

Oscar DeBarataria
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Oscar DeBarataria »

Well, Stage 2 is done.

Took pics, they're worthless. You can't see anything. Between the tight work space, blocking my light while working and not having enough hands to hold the camera, photography is hopeless.

Couldn't sit her up to do the operation, so it was done while she was on her side. Used a whole Steelstik and put it all around the connection, then began screwing down the hose clamp.

Which ratcheted itself into the U-joint. So I had to unscrew it to pull it out of there.

But when I rotated the screw housing down toward the hip bar, I had a hell of a time getting a proper angle to use the screwdriver.

So I ended up having to wedge my U-bolt in there to keep the screw housing for the hose clamp from ratcheting into the U-joint.

And I got it screwed down.

But the connection isn't sitting exactly as it did the way it was welded. It's about a quarter of an inch forward. The hose clamp pulled it that way because of that screw housing on the front of the hip crossbar.

So that meant an enormous amount of Steelstik packed in all around the connection.

And I have my U-bolt sitting in there but it's turned to the side. I'm going to have to fish it out before the next stage.

I have her sitting up and the connection is as stable as I can get it. We'll see what it looks like when the metal epoxy cures.

RevJack is correct that the ideal fix here is a clevis joint. But I just don't think there's enough workspace to adequately address something like this once the doll is put together.

It needs to be a standard that dollmakers use a clevis joint or a bolted metal housing for back-hip connections in all future construction. A broken back like this should never happen, period. It's exceptionally bad design and construction which cuts across manufacturers that creates this not-uncommon pain in the ass.

This might end up being a halfway workable fix, though it have my doubts at this point. But even if it is, I've spent way more time and effort on this project than I wanted.
Amber's Zelex review thread: viewtopic.php?t=153776

Amber's Eye Candy thread: viewtopic.php?t=153865

The New Adventures of Amber! viewtopic.php?t=156353

Adam786
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Adam786 »

Oscar DeBarataria wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:20 pm How do you fix it?

Anybody ever done that kind of work before?

I was straightening Amber's back after posing her, and didn't even press that hard (I'd put more pressure on to get her back arched in the first place), and heard a Crack.

And it feels a little like the spine itself broke. Though without having cut her open yet, I can't say for sure.

Looking for a little direction here.
When I read the headline, I thought you'd broke your back... Based on the weight of these dolls, I wouldn't be surprised!!

Oscar DeBarataria
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Went and inspected the progress.

Maybe I did a suspect job of kneading my Steelstik, because the shit got crumbly in spots.

It doesn't make sense that it would get crumbly. It's hard as a rock and crumbly.

I've definitely got her back to the point where it won't be separated from her hip. But it isn't stable enough. I can rock her back and forth a little. She doesn't fall over, but she also isn't fully stable. Because the Steelstik just doesn't seem to lock it down.

And I'm not certain the U-bolt fixes that. It attaches the joint but it doesn't stabilize it. Not if you can't count on the Steelstik to hold it in place without giving.

Now I'm thinking the final step is that I need a couple of pieces of metal that I can anchor front (resting on that screw housing on the hip bone) and back (resting on the screw housing of my hose clamp) and then wrap another hose clamp around those and screw it down and maybe that stabilizes this thing sturdily enough that she won't rock back and forth.

PetDlr
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by PetDlr »

Thank you for the updates. I'm watching closely. Any ETA updates on her new body?
The Lovely (no longer) Lost Ladies Household:
Kathryn - WM168E, #200 & #233, TPE Fair
Killashandra - WM157B, #56 & #273, TPE Lt Tan
Kagami - Sinodoll 158B, Sakae, Prm Slcn Ntrl
Kelly - Starpery 156G, Kelly S.S., TPE Ntrl w/ W.R.
KJ (Kira Jenn) - Ainidoll E, Jennifer, Soft TPE Tan
Kyonyū - HR158M, #41, Soft TPE Lt Tan
Kaeda - SE#21 Elf Head, TPE Lt Tan
Kaylee - WM163H, #179, Soft TPE Lt Tan
Klawdia - EB148L, EB-ZHB001, Silica Gel, Ntrl

Papasmurf1142
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Papasmurf1142 »

Have you contacted the manufacturer to tell about your progress?? Obviously, this is a stress point in the skeleton, perhaps they could use this information to make improvements to the fabrication process of these things.. it’s really unfortunate when something like this happens, we’re stuck with all the heavy lifting for repairs. But it is what it is.. keep us posted ..

Oscar DeBarataria
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

PetDlr wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:18 pm Thank you for the updates. I'm watching closely. Any ETA updates on her new body?
Last I heard was early last week and they said the new body was in their production queue. So I wouldn't be surprised to get a tracking number in the next couple of days.

But this damn thing has now become a challenge to my ingenuity that I can't put down. I have a thousand better things to do but I'm now sucked in to trying to figure out how to stabilize that back joint.

WadeFord3
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by WadeFord3 »

It is very important to apply force at the corresponding point, because if the force is not used at the joint point, it may break.
Newbie here.

Sic - WM 162 E cup

Wishlist:
WM 168 F cup

PetDlr
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by PetDlr »

Oscar DeBarataria wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:19 pm
PetDlr wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:18 pm Thank you for the updates. I'm watching closely. Any ETA updates on her new body?
Last I heard was early last week and they said the new body was in their production queue. So I wouldn't be surprised to get a tracking number in the next couple of days.

But this damn thing has now become a challenge to my ingenuity that I can't put down. I have a thousand better things to do but I'm now sucked in to trying to figure out how to stabilize that back joint.
I can't help but think that this would've been me going through the exact same motions. It's funny how it becomes all about the finding a way to do it. But once done, the satisfaction of having solved the puzzle is so great. I was already started down the rabbit hole when we were talking. :wink:

Fingers crossed for a tracking number soon!
The Lovely (no longer) Lost Ladies Household:
Kathryn - WM168E, #200 & #233, TPE Fair
Killashandra - WM157B, #56 & #273, TPE Lt Tan
Kagami - Sinodoll 158B, Sakae, Prm Slcn Ntrl
Kelly - Starpery 156G, Kelly S.S., TPE Ntrl w/ W.R.
KJ (Kira Jenn) - Ainidoll E, Jennifer, Soft TPE Tan
Kyonyū - HR158M, #41, Soft TPE Lt Tan
Kaeda - SE#21 Elf Head, TPE Lt Tan
Kaylee - WM163H, #179, Soft TPE Lt Tan
Klawdia - EB148L, EB-ZHB001, Silica Gel, Ntrl

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Papasmurf1142 This was a weak point in this particular skeleton

This design works most of the time, just once in a while something goes wrong
Manufacturers use the "If most of them 'ain't broke, don't fix" thinking :(

It seems the only way to have a robust doll is to do what a number of owners have done and that is to do something yourself :whistle:

Synthian
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Synthian »

@Oscar If you decide to DIY, check out my post: viewtopic.php?t=149269

It's a chance to really get to know your gal :plaidskirt:
06 Clear TPE and Cloth.JPG
06 Clear TPE and Cloth.JPG (2.14 MiB) Viewed 255 times
Whether it be Human or Synthetic, love is love.

Evelyn's videos
viewtopic.php?t=168857
AI Tech Robot Head Emma 9
Irontech silicone 168 hard silicone s34 ROS, soft silicone Celine s23, SYDoll TPE 166B & 166D, heads 174, 125
Check out my book, "Human Extinction by A.I. The Solution" https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asin=B ... 49PE5VVNM1

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

The Messenger wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:21 am Well I plan to try what Oscar DeBarataria describes with Steelstik and hose clamps.
Though I plan to attach a new half pipe to the upper piece to give me more landscape to work with.
It'll have to attach with a bolt since I don't weld.
Wish me luck. :(
Please don't. We told Oscar that epoxy wouldn't solve the problem, and it didn't. We know what causes broken backs and how to fix these broken back joints now, the information is here on TDF. I don't understand why people wont review the existing experience. Gobs of epoxy has never worked, and it never will. It's a real shame, and I feel sorry for everyone who tries and fails, especially since we now know how to fix them.
SMH
Rev Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

TChris
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TChris »

Yea, epoxy will not hold the leverage placed through these joints. It sucks because I could weld that in about 5 minutes and it would never break again (If I was local I'd offer).. I wouldn't even bother with a bunch of clamps and joints or extra hardware.

INFORMATIONS