www.thecityofsexy.com

Model 12 after 5 months...

Gynoid Technology Limited is a high-tech. company focusing on the R&D of super-simulation beauty art collectibles,high-end mannequin, super realistic solid silicone dolls and artificial intelligent robot girlfriends. It is a perfect combination of the top international artists in the field of digital and human body sculpting, a well integration of the traditional art of sculpting and the 3D digital modeling, We starting from the prototyping to hand painting, taking care of each and every detail of our products. Our products adopts food-grade platinum silicone,alloy plus engineering plastic bones (keeping the ergonomics design in mind,we achieved the full-body joints mobility to its extreme ranges, including the articulation of finger joints). top-level styling, real-value experience...we can do more beyond your imagination. www.thecityofsexy.com
ThatOneGuy

Re: Model 12 after 5 months...

Post by ThatOneGuy »

ionized wrote:
ThatOneGuy wrote:The heel did not split like that on mine. What happens is the threads of the bolt itself cut the silicone because the bolt is tightened over the silicone. So the silicone is also under the bolt and then gets ripped if the feet are squished or if you squish the feet to the turn the ankle. The feet are 100% silicone all the way through, which is a bad design flaw. The silicone gets cut up by the threads easily because it is a very soft silicone. In my experience these dolls didn't stand too well anyway, so the standing option should just be avoided. So right now by the rear bolt on heel there is a chunk of ripped silicone. It's not anything horrific, but it will happen again. I have been thinking lately of just removing the bolts and filling in the holes completely.
I see... thanks for sharing. Sounds like the bolts are not long enough to prevent the bottom of the feet from touching the floor(?). Filling up the bolt holes shouldn't be too difficult if you don't intend to pose her in a standing position in the future. Alternatively, replace the current bolts with longer ones. I believe they are all M8 bolts but of different lengths. Finding the right bolts can be tricky though.
All the bolts touch the floor, it's just the plate in the foot is deep within the foot. So the bolt is really long and all the threads from the plate to the head of the bolt are exposed. So those threads act like a saw and cut the silicone. The reason the dolls don't stand that well is because the joint tightness is inconsistent across the entire doll. Not to mention parts of the doll have that firm foam backing material and a other parts don't. The feet are the biggest flaw because they have no support backing. So you are relying strictly on the bolts and that small plate to hold the entire doll up. While this is almost how all dolls work, the problem is the silicone is so squishy on the Gynoid it just gets ripped apart in the process. More so than other dolls in my experience. Even if you put in longer bolts to try to save the silicone, you would have to have some sheathing on the threading of the bolt to protect the silicone. It's do able, but for me personally it's not worth the hassle.

Flaneur123

Post by Flaneur123 »

ThatOneGuy wrote:
PDutus wrote:
Flaneur123 wrote:You just destroyed the Gynoid legend in one post.

Gynoid is only for eye candy purpose.
They are not love dolls. They are bangable statues who do not even give great sex.
What I hate the most is you are in your own with a collapsing doll that you paid 4000€
The eye candy value of a Gynoid is certainly very high and up there with the best. But my continued concern is the beauty being only skin deep scenario.

The Gynoid vagina internal structures certainly look very inviting and the silicone therein is doubtless very soft, but I feel that the current drive to make silicone as soft as TPE is leading to durability issues. I personally don't think that the silicone needs to be any softer than that of my Sino, which is on a par with the JY "Platinum" TPE. Both of these are firm without being too firm and quite realistic in my view. The main point is that they are both durable and don't tear easily.

Another issue is the skeleton. With the average TPE doll, you take it as read that the skeleton is a lottery when it comes to consistency of joint tightness and how quickly a joint is going to go loose on you. But you do not expect this in a £4,000 doll! Gynoid should have a skeleton of the same quality as that of a DS Summit at this price point.

Finally, there is Gynoid's evident attitude towards their customers after the doll has been sold. Not good!

I would really love to buy a Gynoid, I really would. But I am regularly given pause for thought.

One has to ask themselves if the eye candy value of Gynoid is worth 5k. I'm mixed on that. On one hand, the level of detail has blown me away and anyone who enters the room ends up thinking she is a real woman at first glance. It takes them a couple minutes to figure out she is a doll. It's also nice to have a doll that has more realistic proportions so that clothes actually fit and look nice. I think the sex doll industry is failing on the realistic proportions front. It sucks when no clothes fit a certain doll because of a wasp like waist or other proportional failings. My Gynoid doll has allowed me to doll out in the open without being called a degenerate for it. Most people after seeing the Gynoid doll see my doll hobby as the hobby it is. So for me personally, that is worth the 5k I spent because I can be out in the open about my dolls without being seen as a deviant.
This perspective is interesting but you can bluff people with any realistic silicone doll.
You could do this with a top sino, starperry or even 4wood, and many more.
For people who have no idea of what are love dolls, the illusion will work.

I mean, it’s waste of money to spend 5k for a doll who will end trash and annoying.
We expect a high value item such as diamonds, but we don’t want them to turn them into rocks.
(Sorry English isn’t my first language but I hope you get my point of view)
4Woods AI Doll Max Marina 2019 : viewtopic.php?f=41&t=148985

ThatOneGuy

Post by ThatOneGuy »

Flaneur123 wrote:This perspective is interesting but you can bluff people with any realistic silicone doll.
You could do this with a top sino, starperry or even 4wood, and many more.
For people who have no idea of what are love dolls, the illusion will work.

I mean, it’s waste of money to spend 5k for a doll who will end trash and annoying.
We expect a high value item such as diamonds, but we don’t want them to turn them into rocks.
(Sorry English isn’t my first language but I hope you get my point of view)
Sure I understand. Sino isn't proportionate and realistic enough to fool people and 4woods is too expensive. Starperry just didn't appeal to me at the time. There is more to why I bought a Gynoid. My first doll is a Sino doll and while I enjoy her company, I wanted more. Sometimes when viewing pictures of real women I would compare them to my doll and I felt like my Sino doll wasn't enough. So I bought Gynoid because I wanted the maximum amount of realism. I suppose I wanted the illusion for myself more than I wanted it for others. I agree that my reasoning is a waste of money, but I do feel more at ease. When I look at real women now I no longer feel like I'm missing something if that even makes sense. I honestly do not think there is a high end doll out there that is worth the money in the long run.

Doll Master
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Doll Master »

ThatOneGuy wrote:...I bought Gynoid because I wanted the maximum amount of realism... I honestly do not think there is a high end doll out there that is worth the money in the long run.
I am skeptical too. Do you think RealDoll is worth the money if you were to buy the newest ones?

PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PDutus »

Doll Master wrote:
ThatOneGuy wrote:...I bought Gynoid because I wanted the maximum amount of realism... I honestly do not think there is a high end doll out there that is worth the money in the long run.
I am skeptical too. Do you think RealDoll is worth the money if you were to buy the newest ones?
I want as much realism as possible too, which is why I go for realistic body proportions for starters. It bothers me a lot that you can throw megabucks at a doll and quality wise she is no better than your JY or WM under the surface (both those brands being okay for the price). Flaneur 123'a diamond to rock analogy is excellent.

If a doll were to be advertised "Handle with care, for photographic use only", that would be one thing, but these are advertised as sex dolls. I see some evident newbies to the hobby splashing out on a Gynoid as their first doll and I've wondered how they've got on.

I was advised by one vendor I deal with a lot: Sex doll function with Gynoid is finesse, like a fine wine or elegant woman.
They are much more delicate for intimacy. So not like TPE and daily use

That to me says a lot! If I am attracted to a beautiful woman, I like the idea that I can have sex with her as often as the two of us want.

As regards RealDoll, DM, I have wondered about this too. Someone I know here has one so I will question him more closely. He's had his for over nine years, so she won't be entirely representative of the latest products. The one thing he did tell me the other day (when he bought one of his other girls round to my place for a photoshoot) was that the silicone is quite hard, but again that may well be different now.

As far as I am aware, RealDolls don't have a standing function and use wire fingers. And I don't live in the USA, so shipping could be pretty astronomical with that wooden crate.

But I am still considering them, as well as Mechadoll.

Just read this in another thread, about the Model 13:

viewtopic.php?f=492&t=138147&p=1948916#p1948916

Not good, not good at all!
My girls:
Sophie - JY 175 (JY Head #167)
Valentina - JY 175 (JY Head #101)
Kiania - Sino 161 (Heads S6 & S7)
Rashona - WM 172B (WM Head #64)
Helga - JY 166 (JY head #101)
Patsy - JY 166 (JY Head #102)
Ingrid - JY 166 (SM Head #76)
Monique - JY 165SR (JY Head #134)

ThatOneGuy

Post by ThatOneGuy »

Doll Master wrote:
I can't speak for Realdoll, but every one of them that I have seen sold on here had massive amounts of damage. I think at the end of the day you either have to choose realism and lower durability, or less realism and higher durability. To get the amount of realism on a high end doll you have to use methods that aren't durable for everyday use. After getting the Gynoid I rarely do much with her. I do way more things with my Sino doll than with the Gynoid. I'm not even talking sex and cuddling either, like I dress my Sino up way more than my Gynoid because I don't want to damage her in the long run. Especially after the dollar amount I spent.

If I was ever going to buy a doll again, it wouldn't be anything over 3k.

PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PDutus »

ThatOneGuy wrote:
Doll Master wrote:
I can't speak for Realdoll, but every one of them that I have seen sold on here had massive amounts of damage. I think at the end of the day you either have to choose realism and lower durability, or less realism and higher durability. To get the amount of realism on a high end doll you have to use methods that aren't durable for everyday use. After getting the Gynoid I rarely do much with her. I do way more things with my Sino doll than with the Gynoid. I'm not even talking sex and cuddling either, like I dress my Sino up way more than my Gynoid because I don't want to damage her in the long run. Especially after the dollar amount I spent.

If I was ever going to buy a doll again, it wouldn't be anything over 3k.
Interesting. I know they can have problems as much as any other doll, but it seems to me that a Sino (and even more so, a Top-Sino) can hit the sweet spot between realism and durability reasonably well. I only have one silicone doll at the moment, a Sino 161, and seven TPE dolls, so I can only make direct comparisons with what I have. I think it is fair to say that Kiania, my Sino, gets more than her fair share of "use", whether it's in bed, being dressed in different clothes or being moved around my flat and posed for photos.

Her skin has got the odd dent through carelessness on my part, but otherwise after 18 months it's in pretty good condition. She has no finger pokes and, despite having finger wires, can hold a virtually full glass of wine. Most impressively, her joints are virtually as tight as the day she arrived, despite numerous posing sessions. And a Gynoid at twice the price ends up with loose joints after a matter of weeks or a few months?? Come on!

There are more and more silicone dolls coming onto the market from different manufacturers and an increasing number with articulated hands. It will be interesting to see how they fare as time goes on.
My girls:
Sophie - JY 175 (JY Head #167)
Valentina - JY 175 (JY Head #101)
Kiania - Sino 161 (Heads S6 & S7)
Rashona - WM 172B (WM Head #64)
Helga - JY 166 (JY head #101)
Patsy - JY 166 (JY Head #102)
Ingrid - JY 166 (SM Head #76)
Monique - JY 165SR (JY Head #134)

Phyrox
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Phyrox »

ThatOneGuy wrote:After having my Gynoid for a week now I can firmly say it's mostly overhyped. The sex isn't that great with it. The vagina is way too squishy to even feel anything. The skeleton has a lot of limitations and doesn't have the movement as most other skeletons do. The silicone on the Gynoid doll is squishier than any doll I have ever felt. There is also a design flaw with the feet. They use squishy silicone with the feet and it has no backing. The metal parts like the bolts cut into the squishy silicone easily. One of the feet already has a tear in it and I haven't even stood her up once.

I'd argue that Gynoid dolls are for photography purposes only. They serve no other function. Just because they are capable of sexual function doesn't mean it's a good idea to use it for that. I'm not disappointed by any means with my doll as I bought it mostly to dress it up and use it as a center piece in my bedroom. So the doll is somewhat for decor purposes if that makes any sense. I used it once just because I was curious.

The doll feels well made in most aspects. Even the skeleton's movement felt insanely smooth. Sadly the skeleton's limitations outweigh the pros of the smoothness of motion. It's just not an every day use rough and tumble doll like everyone wants it to be.

I'm not defending Gynoid, but they kind of tell you point blank that once you accept the doll that they no longer offer any support past that point. So if you use it as a sex doll and it breaks, you are shit out of luck.
What if you use it for photography only and it still breaks? I only used it twice per week on my first month and it was only missionary. I never rough handled her especially since I was so sore I could barely move her. It only took month for her left hip to show signs of delamination and joint looseness.

I have my new model 13 for little over a month now and she has no issues so far and I hope it stays that way for a while.

I believe I was unlucky to receive a doll like this and to this point her left leg is still giving me issues. After I decided to not do anything to her left knee after it became loose the left knee developed a left and right wiggle. I was told when this happens to sanhui dolls it means the knee might break soon. I went ahead and contacted gynoid on this matter and they told me that this is "normal" and that I had to tighten her joint. I went ahead and did what gynoid advised me and tightened her joint as tight as I could. The left and right wiggle disappeared after I tightened her joint, but a up and down wiggle appeared and once again I was told this was normal. Then 2 weeks after the left and right wiggle came back... Gynoid again told me this is normal, but then again they have been telling me that "this is normal" for most of my problems and they just seem to be getting worse. I got fed up and asked for a refund and they just ignored my email and said that I needed to apply oil and tighten the joint or look for a welder. This is just becoming a big hassle at this point I just wanted to leave her knee loose and not do anything but it seems I cant even do that :shakefist: .
I just cant understand why the problems of my doll keep coming from the same side. Literally every other part of her is fine .-.

ThatOneGuy

Post by ThatOneGuy »

Phyrox wrote:What if you use it for photography only and it still breaks? I only used it twice per week on my first month and it was only missionary. I never rough handled her especially since I was so sore I could barely move her. It only took month for her left hip to show signs of delamination and joint looseness.

I have my new model 13 for little over a month now and she has no issues so far and I hope it stays that way for a while.

I believe I was unlucky to receive a doll like this and to this point her left leg is still giving me issues. After I decided to not do anything to her left knee after it became loose the left knee developed a left and right wiggle. I was told when this happens to sanhui dolls it means the knee might break soon. I went ahead and contacted gynoid on this matter and they told me that this is "normal" and that I had to tighten her joint. I went ahead and did what gynoid advised me and tightened her joint as tight as I could. The left and right wiggle disappeared after I tightened her joint, but a up and down wiggle appeared and once again I was told this was normal. Then 2 weeks after the left and right wiggle came back... Gynoid again told me this is normal, but then again they have been telling me that "this is normal" for most of my problems and they just seem to be getting worse. I got fed up and asked for a refund and they just ignored my email and said that I needed to apply oil and tighten the joint or look for a welder. This is just becoming a big hassle at this point I just wanted to leave her knee loose and not do anything but it seems I cant even do that :shakefist: .
I just cant understand why the problems of my doll keep coming from the same side. Literally every other part of her is fine .-.
I mean I already know that someday down the line the doll is going to break. I'm just going to have to roll with the punches as it is way too late to go back now. Not to mention the complaints only really started to roll in en masse after I had already ordered the doll and it was in production. I could sell the doll, but I'm not up to take a loss on it. As it is she is fine overall, so all I can do is hope that she stays in prime condition. When you think about it, all dolls break over time. I've done so many repairs on my Sino doll it isn't even funny. The thing with that though is Sino actually offers support.

I'm surprised that no one on this board uses loctite thread locker when they retighten the joints. A small dab of that stuff will keep the bolts from undoing themselves. Then again, it's probably easier said than done to apply it. I'm not sure if this contributes to your dolls problem or not, but the hip to back joint rotates and I have found my doll to be putting all her weight on one side sometimes because the lower back joint rotated. Perhaps when you lay her down (if that's how you store her) perhaps the weight is all on that side, thus causing the problem with that side? I'm just taking a stab in the dark.

The arm joints are already pretty loose on my doll and she has mostly been laying her in her foam padding that she came in as I'm waiting for a piece of furniture to arrive to store her on. So after 2 weeks of not really even using her the arms at the elbow are pretty loose. Another problem I have is the jointed fingers never really stay in place. I'm surprised manufacturers don't put springs in the joints so they don't go too far back. Anytime I have her fingers in a claw like formation, they always bend backwards when I move her. She can't hold anything at all either. Her fingers will probably just flop around at some point as they barely hold form now.

Overall my doll is good looking, but that's all she is.

Phyrox
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Phyrox »

ThatOneGuy wrote:
Phyrox wrote:What if you use it for photography only and it still breaks? I only used it twice per week on my first month and it was only missionary. I never rough handled her especially since I was so sore I could barely move her. It only took month for her left hip to show signs of delamination and joint looseness.

I mean I already know that someday down the line the doll is going to break. I'm just going to have to roll with the punches as it is way too late to go back now. Not to mention the complaints only really started to roll in en masse after I had already ordered the doll and it was in production. I could sell the doll, but I'm not up to take a loss on it. As it is she is fine overall, so all I can do is hope that she stays in prime condition. When you think about it, all dolls break over time. I've done so many repairs on my Sino doll it isn't even funny. The thing with that though is Sino actually offers support.

I'm surprised that no one on this board uses loctite thread locker when they retighten the joints. A small dab of that stuff will keep the bolts from undoing themselves. Then again, it's probably easier said than done to apply it. I'm not sure if this contributes to your dolls problem or not, but the hip to back joint rotates and I have found my doll to be putting all her weight on one side sometimes because the lower back joint rotated. Perhaps when you lay her down (if that's how you store her) perhaps the weight is all on that side, thus causing the problem with that side? I'm just taking a stab in the dark.

The arm joints are already pretty loose on my doll and she has mostly been laying her in her foam padding that she came in as I'm waiting for a piece of furniture to arrive to store her on. So after 2 weeks of not really even using her the arms at the elbow are pretty loose. Another problem I have is the jointed fingers never really stay in place. I'm surprised manufacturers don't put springs in the joints so they don't go too far back. Anytime I have her fingers in a claw like formation, they always bend backwards when I move her. She can't hold anything at all either. Her fingers will probably just flop around at some point as they barely hold form now.

Overall my doll is good looking, but that's all she is.
I understand that dolls will eventually break but its not ok when after barely getting the doll.

Speaking of loctite I used it on my latest attempt to tighten her knee joint. I am just waiting to see if it works or not. I hope it works so I dont have to reopen her again.

nosmoking1979

Post by nosmoking1979 »

Hi, everyone

Short question is the quality of the gynoid still so bad or has something changed?

I actually want to get myself a photo-realistic doll (gynoid) but what I read here makes me doubt very much whether the doll would be the right one

I wouldn't have bought it for sex
rather for photos etc.

that I should maybe switch to a Topsino or a Starperry

Thanks in advance

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

nosmoking1979 wrote:Hi, everyone

Short question is the quality of the gynoid still so bad or has something changed?

I actually want to get myself a photo-realistic doll (gynoid) but what I read here makes me doubt very much whether the doll would be the right one

rather for photos etc.

Thanks in advance
I do not have a High End Silicone Doll but from what I have gathered reading TDF, you should be good to go with any brand of Silicone Doll if your interest is solely in posing for photography.

Phyrox
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Phyrox »

nosmoking1979 wrote:Hi, everyone

rather for photos etc.

Thanks in advance
Hello, to be completely honest here. I believe it's just luck. If you get a defective model by gynoid you are screweded and hopefully you have a good vendor to back you up. I've had my model 13 for 7 months already no damage, joints are still tight, and everything is still in perfect condition. I have seen gynoid users get fked over even if they only use the doll for photos and not sex. I recently sold my model 12's body for a new model 14 body and gynoid screwed the new body again... thankfully this time I ordered the body from a vendor and a replacement has been placed.i will be posting about this entire ordeal once I get my replacement.

nosmoking1979

Post by nosmoking1979 »

The most important thing is more or less a good seller who can take care of problems with the gynoid, I understood that correctly

sorry my english is lousy google translate

INFORMATIONS