betterlovedoll.com

Sakira's Photo Thread

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

Willus
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Sakira's Photo Thread

Post by Willus »

Wow, amazing poses. Thank you so much for revealing your secrets and showing pics of your setup - really interesting.

I wish I had space in my place to do something like that!

Can't wait to see some of the flying poses you teased about! :angel:
Zoe (RIP) - JY170. Eye Candy link

Josie and Macks - 2x WM166C, twin sisters. Eye Candy link

Jimpink
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Jimpink »

Another excellent little shoot!

The simple touches really make it, superb. Less is most definitely more here.

Ditto the above about flying around...we should start a vote and make it happen!
Boomtown!
Jimpink
Wolka & Amy
Pocket Pink Perfection
Instagram
House of Pink Girls
ImageImageImage

RandomShock

Post by RandomShock »

Willus wrote:Can't wait to see some of the flying poses you teased about! :angel:
jimpink wrote:Ditto the above about flying around...we should start a vote and make it happen!
Flying will probably have to wait for a few months until I can move to a bigger place unless. I have most of the equipment for it, but this makeshift studio is absolutely tiny and there's not enough vertical space to fully raise up the heavy supports.
Takiko (瀧子) - WM Doll - [Body: 164D / Heads: #153, #334] - Review - Photo Thread
Sakira (咲星) - Sino Doll - [Body: 158 / Head: S30] - Review - Photo Thread

Twitter - Instagram

Jimpink
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Jimpink »

RandomShock wrote: Flying will probably have to wait for a few months until I can move to a bigger place unless. I have most of the equipment for it, but this makeshift studio is absolutely tiny and there's not enough vertical space to fully raise up the heavy supports.
Boo.

But I get it, about to move into a slightly smaller place myself, current apartment has decent space for taking pictures but the next one may be a bit more compact. New place will be an massive improvement though, windows that work, no noisy upstairs neighbours, better natural light etc. etc.

We shall be patient, flying isn't easy so...
Boomtown!
Jimpink
Wolka & Amy
Pocket Pink Perfection
Instagram
House of Pink Girls
ImageImageImage

Fryevia

Post by Fryevia »

Congrats on your new doll and really lovely photos.

I love the standing on one leg poses :)
Lillian - Sino-doll 162cm @lillianthedoll | Lillian - First impression | Lillian - Photo thread
Asuka - Gynoid Model 14 @EVAsuka02 | Asuka - Photo thread

jazzman
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jazzman »

Great work, great doll. Does she weigh in as specs and height really 158?

RandomShock

Post by RandomShock »

jazzman wrote:Great work, great doll. Does she weigh in as specs and height really 158?
Measured her a while back and 158cm was about right for her height. Waist was 52cm instead of the listed 56cm. As for weight, just checked without the head and ended at 31.3kgs / 69lbs, which is a bit over the listed weight.
Takiko (瀧子) - WM Doll - [Body: 164D / Heads: #153, #334] - Review - Photo Thread

Twitter - Instagram

arkham71

Post by arkham71 »

RandomShock wrote:
Sakira making some whipped cream for dessert :razz:

Ahh, there's nothing quite like the classic naked apron motif.

Great action photography as always. You put a lot of work into your shots and it shows. :)
What lay behind our joint love of shadows and marvels was, no doubt, the ancient, mouldering, and subtly fearsome town in which we live - witch-cursed, legend-haunted Arkham, whose huddled, sagging gambrel roofs and crumbling Georgian balustrades brood out the centuries beside the darkly muttering Miskatonic.

"The Thing on the Doorstep", HP Lovecraft

RandomShock

Post by RandomShock »

Sakira 'borrows' some of Takiko's clothes...

This was meant as a tiny little photo shoot to fill up some time before moving on to some planned shoots. I ended up really liking it once I changed the background to better complement Sakira's clothes. I've also started playing a little bit with makeup, which I've found to be quite easy to both apply and remove on silicone dolls. My actual skill level with makeup is still really, really low, but hopefully I'll soon learn what all the various brushes are best for and develop the muscle memory to apply it in a skillful manner.

Twitter - Instagram

Jimpink
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Jimpink »

Beautiful. Are you able to share some tips for make upping? Materials used to apply and remove for starters, it looks great so your skill factor is definitely up there!
Boomtown!
Jimpink
Wolka & Amy
Pocket Pink Perfection
Instagram
House of Pink Girls
ImageImageImage

kevinth1985
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by kevinth1985 »

Sakira looks stunning in these!
My best friend? My lover? My wifey? Jenny of course!

Jenny's Random adventures/thoughts: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 3&t=114012

arkham71

Post by arkham71 »

RandomShock wrote:
Sakira 'borrows' some of Takiko's clothes...

This was meant as a tiny little photo shoot to fill up some time before moving on to some planned shoots. I ended up really liking it once I changed the background to better complement Sakira's clothes. I've also started playing a little bit with makeup, which I've found to be quite easy to both apply and remove on silicone dolls. My actual skill level with makeup is still really, really low, but hopefully I'll soon learn what all the various brushes are best for and develop the muscle memory to apply it in a skillful manner.
She is lovely as always. However, I must say that the wig you used in these photos was stunning. It really added something ephemeral, indescribable. I really liked these photos.
What lay behind our joint love of shadows and marvels was, no doubt, the ancient, mouldering, and subtly fearsome town in which we live - witch-cursed, legend-haunted Arkham, whose huddled, sagging gambrel roofs and crumbling Georgian balustrades brood out the centuries beside the darkly muttering Miskatonic.

"The Thing on the Doorstep", HP Lovecraft

RandomShock

Post by RandomShock »

jimpink wrote:Beautiful. Are you able to share some tips for make upping? Materials used to apply and remove for starters, it looks great so your skill factor is definitely up there!
Thanks, but most of her makeup is by the factory, not me! All I added in this set was some blue eye shadow above and below the eyes. Silicone seems pretty easy to work with, so I'd recommend just getting a brush kit and some color palettes that you like, then start practicing. If you make mistakes or just want to erase a little, you can pretty much wipe the makeup off, whereas, with a TPE doll, you'll want something like cold cream to remove any makeup.

There are some really talented makeup artists on TDF that have threads about makeup, so looking at what they've done would probably be helpful. And once you've gotten accustomed to the the differences between makeup for human skin vs TPE/silicone, then YouTube is probably the best source for learning how to do makeup in general.

Cheers!

Twitter - Instagram

Jimpink
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Jimpink »

RandomShock wrote:
jimpink wrote:Beautiful. Are you able to share some tips for make upping? Materials used to apply and remove for starters, it looks great so your skill factor is definitely up there!
Thanks, but most of her makeup is by the factory, not me! All I added in this set was some blue eye shadow above and below the eyes. Silicone seems pretty easy to work with, so I'd recommend just getting a brush kit and some color palettes that you like, then start practicing. If you make mistakes or just want to erase a little, you can pretty much wipe the makeup off, whereas, with a TPE doll, you'll want something like cold cream to remove any makeup.

There are some really talented makeup artists on TDF that have threads about makeup, so looking at what they've done would probably be helpful. And once you've gotten accustomed to the the differences between makeup for human skin vs TPE/silicone, then YouTube is probably the best source for learning how to do makeup in general.

Cheers!
Thank you!
Boomtown!
Jimpink
Wolka & Amy
Pocket Pink Perfection
Instagram
House of Pink Girls
ImageImageImage

RandomShock

Post by RandomShock »

arkham71 wrote:She is lovely as always. However, I must say that the wig you used in these photos was stunning. It really added something ephemeral, indescribable. I really liked these photos.
Thanks! This is actually Sakira's normal hair (well, she is bald, but this is the wig I consider as her normal hair). I ended up liking the hairstyle so much when I saw this wig that I ended up buying two different color variants and will probably get a few more at some point. The icy blond hair works really well with a rim light to give it a pretty nice pop.

Twitter - Instagram

INFORMATIONS