www.wmdolls.com

Two tips for WM

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
Onyxx
Active Poster
Active Poster

Two tips for WM

Post by Onyxx »

I recently received my replacement head from WM.

My head was stained from a pencil they use and she still smells of glue vapor :roll:
It is a chance that the glue did not flow directly on the head of the doll...

It would be a good idea to send the glue separately in another package.
Also you should probably not write anything on the bag where the head is.
It is also lucky that I was able to remove the stains with mineral oil...

bigchilli
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: Two tips for WM

Post by bigchilli »

WOW is that the repair solvent?
Could have been disastrous
Get the finger out WM!

Zuxeh

Post by Zuxeh »

Unless you cleaned it off, looks like they put close to zero effort into her makeup either, when you're buying just a head, thats rather unfair.

PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PDutus »

Looks to me that there's a bit of resting on laurels going on here! If you're not careful, WM, other manufacturers will overtake you...
My girls:
Sophie - JY 175 (JY Head #167)
Valentina - JY 175 (JY Head #101)
Kiania - Sino 161 (Heads S6 & S7)
Rashona - WM 172B (WM Head #64)
Helga - JY 166 (JY head #101)
Patsy - JY 166 (JY Head #102)
Ingrid - JY 166 (SM Head #76)
Monique - JY 165SR (JY Head #134)

Sidestep
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Sidestep »

What the heck is going on with the factories lately! All I see is rookie mistakes from a lot of manufactures. Makes me NOT want to spend my money. I have saved up, but stories like this make me very hesitant.

PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PDutus »

Sidestep wrote:What the heck is going on with the factories lately! All I see is rookie mistakes from a lot of manufactures. Makes me NOT want to spend my money. I have saved up, but stories like this make me very hesitant.
I read a theory that new staff have been hired in some cases following on from Covid and maybe it's inexperienced people who are making mistakes.

In general, the manufacturers need to up their quality control.

Problem is there is little, if any, guarantee with these dolls and if you have the option of shipping her back to the factory in the event of a problem, the cost will be borne by you and very expensive.
My girls:

leni_adopted_2019

Post by leni_adopted_2019 »

PDutus wrote:
Sidestep wrote:What the heck is going on with the factories lately! All I see is rookie mistakes from a lot of manufactures. Makes me NOT want to spend my money. I have saved up, but stories like this make me very hesitant.
I read a theory that new staff have been hired in some cases following on from Covid and maybe it's inexperienced people who are making mistakes.

Problem is there is little, if any, guarantee with these dolls and if you have the option of shipping her back to the factory in the event of a problem, the cost will be borne by you and very expensive.
While hiring new staff is an explanation, ist should not be an excuse. New staff should be trained appropriately, and in their first week or so, their work should be examined by a senior staff member. There is absolutely no excuse for substandard quality on such a pricy item.

While WM is doing some interesting things (body makeup, automated orifice cleaning device), the still seem to lack some primitive manufacturing principles. E.g. the inconsistent joint movability can be easily solved. The torque wrench was invented 1938, so it is not really rocket science anymore. No car manufacturer would dare to tighten any screw without a pre-defined (and documented) torque. It is rather simple, but efficient and would allow a constant skeleton quality.

The basically non-existent guarantee is the main reason why I would never ever buy directly from a manufacturer. A local vendor is my personal safety net, bound by local law. If the doll is defective, I handle this with the vendor, and let him deal with the manufacturer.

Mark
"Things, that try to look like things, often look more like things than things."
--- Terry Pratchett (Wyrd Sisters) ---

Onyxx
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Onyxx »

bigchilli wrote:WOW is that the repair solvent?
Could have been disastrous
Get the finger out WM!
Yes this is repair solvent and what we can see on the photo of the bag, it's not liquid inside but rather the bag which melted under the effect of the solvent.
yes it could have been disastrous...

Onyxx
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Onyxx »

Zuxeh wrote:Unless you cleaned it off, looks like they put close to zero effort into her makeup either, when you're buying just a head, thats rather unfair.
It is a free replacement head. Regarding the warranty I had no problem with WM. My salesperson took care of it.

It is true that the makeup is lighter than that of my previous head. I saw the factory photos before delivery and I liked this new look. I could have changed the makeup until I said it's ok, you can deliver the head...
thumbnail_QQ图片20200720093937.jpg
thumbnail_QQ图片20200720093937.jpg (173.64 KiB) Viewed 1695 times
DSCF0145.JPG
DSCF0145.JPG (603.26 KiB) Viewed 1695 times
DSCF0168.JPG
DSCF0168.JPG (575.88 KiB) Viewed 1692 times

PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PDutus »

leni_adopted_2019 wrote:
PDutus wrote:

While hiring new staff is an explanation, ist should not be an excuse. New staff should be trained appropriately, and in their first week or so, their work should be examined by a senior staff member. There is absolutely no excuse for substandard quality on such a pricy item.

While WM is doing some interesting things (body makeup, automated orifice cleaning device), the still seem to lack some primitive manufacturing principles. E.g. the inconsistent joint movability can be easily solved. The torque wrench was invented 1938, so it is not really rocket science anymore. No car manufacturer would dare to tighten any screw without a pre-defined (and documented) torque. It is rather simple, but efficient and would allow a constant skeleton quality.

The basically non-existent guarantee is the main reason why I would never ever buy directly from a manufacturer. A local vendor is my personal safety net, bound by local law. If the doll is defective, I handle this with the vendor, and let him deal with the manufacturer.

Mark
Agree with you totally, Mark, which is why I always go through a vendor.
My girls:

Sidestep
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Sidestep »

Thanks for mentioning that Mark. I will now definitely be using a vendor and NOT direct through the manufacture.

BWheeler1
Former Member

Post by BWheeler1 »

This kind of thing is exactly why I won't buy a WM anymore. I haven't since 2018, and the last three dolls i bought (one of which was, admittedly bought from another owner) were not WM. Two were Piper dolls, which were made and packed the way WM should be doing it, and one was an OR Doll body only to replace Kelsi's old body. Now,. OR is, of course, made in the same factory, but I just didn't want to give WM the business. I don't know if they have different workers building the dolls, or different quality control, but the OR body was perfect and packaged well. I just don't like the way WM touts new developments such as a new cleaning kit but doesn't address the issues that we, their customers, have been complaining about for years and asking for them to work on solutions for. Maybe it's just me, but i don't want to hear a damn thing about cleaning kits and other crap we can do without until they address the problems with the finger wires, too loose/too tight joints, welds breaking, and as the OP has shown... their packaging. No way TPE solvent should EVER be sent on the same package as anything made of TPE. Even if they pack it well, there's always a chance that the shipping company could mishandle it and cause it to break open. This situation here could have been disastrous. It also could have been prevented.

I also don't buy into the whole "new worker mistakes" idea. I work for a company making ventilators. We've had to go from two production lines on one shift to four lines on three shifts. So we obviously had to hire a whole lot of people. Do these new people make rookie mistakes? Of course they do. But the trainers catch them. The testers catch them. Or the next person on the line catches them. We are taught to quality check for the person before you. So while mistakes do happen, none of them make it out the door. And i can tell you with 100% certainty that there is a hell of a lot more to building a ventilator than a doll. The bottom line is that WM doesn't give a shit and would rather wave something in front of our faces to distract us than fix the damn problems.

Zuxeh

Post by Zuxeh »

I have to agree with most of the sentiments shared in this thread. Particularly what Mark shared on things like inconsistent skeletons, that is bordering on pathetic at this point.

PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PDutus »

Zuxeh wrote:I have to agree with most of the sentiments shared in this thread. Particularly what Mark shared on things like inconsistent skeletons, that is bordering on pathetic at this point.
The inconsistency with the skeletons is what's putting me off another WM, which is a shame as I am getting to really like the 167 Fitness. And also the SE 167, but that is made in the same factory...
My girls:

Zuxeh

Post by Zuxeh »

PDutus wrote:
Zuxeh wrote:I have to agree with most of the sentiments shared in this thread. Particularly what Mark shared on things like inconsistent skeletons, that is bordering on pathetic at this point.
The inconsistency with the skeletons is what's putting me off another WM, which is a shame as I am getting to really like the 167 Fitness. And also the SE 167, but that is made in the same factory...
Can totally relate to this, and its a real concern, especially with heavier dolls. The key will be your vendor for requests of this nature, when a large vendor placing many orders a week says "This customer is important, I need the frame to be consistent and tight" only then can you have any confidence in it. Otherwise it seems to be roulette.

I have tried vendors big and small, typically, the requests of small vendors with regard to things like this get overlooked, the factories are just not scared enough of them - despite how wonderful a vendor they otherwise are, unless it can be seen from the factory pics, it can often be disregarded.

If you would like help with a recommendation for a vendor who has the best chance of assuring this for you (in my experience). feel free to dm me, I don't think I am allowed to mention vendors directly.

INFORMATIONS