Starpery.com

WM-166C Knockoff issues

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
DropDeadDolls
Active Poster
Active Poster

WM-166C Knockoff issues

Post by DropDeadDolls »

Hi

I did read up alot, and did a lot of wrong things, maybe.

Mild soap, water, powder, baby oil, what not , times 3, in variations, not sure it if made the doll look worse.

also, how to remove talc or powder ?

Now, it seems, thay maybe these small lines/seems show, by fingers and toes. I don't get it. were these there before, I am not sure.

How to fix these white lines/residual/molding lines, can I use a heat gun, or do I need "finishers" or "preparers" and all that weird glues and pastes ?

My Phicen models do not require this much work, but I wasnt a hobby gynacologist back then.. ;)

also, there is no tongue, and there is a hole in both oral and vaginal cavity, I think I shoudld seal this up using hobby silicone tube stuff.

I just got the fear, that washing and rinsing, oiling, powdering and all that made it look worse ? It looked the best after oiling and drying out the oil. But then came the powder....

then that so-called "tan" was not much of a tan..

totally newbie here, just want some real neat photo shoots, and just got probs with stains from a brief, when the doll was sitting upright. Here I go with whitening toothpaste.. and I thought Phicen models were much work!!

Bur I just love the pictures posted by members, they're awesome..

good news: i finally have identical bar chairs (scale 1/6 and 1/1) that will be funn shooting pics of
All play and no work makes Jack a doll boy
Gwenna Emily Miller (166)
Dawn Evelyn Carter (143)
Phicens (1/6+1/12)

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: WM-166C Knockoff issues

Post by Dollarhyde »

MsMiller wrote:Hi

I did read up alot, and did a lot of wrong things, maybe. Let's take a look...

Mild soap, water, powder, baby oil, what not , times 3, in variations, not sure it if made the doll look worse. Looks fine here. But the oiling is not necessary on a new doll because it will leach out oil for a bit. I maybe oil my TPE gals once a year if that.

also, how to remove talc or powder ? Talc is a little more difficult to remove since it tends to get into the pores of the TPE... Yes, TPE is very porous. One should use cornstarch for powdering.

Now, it seems, thay maybe these small lines/seems show, by fingers and toes. I don't get it. were these there before, I am not sure. I'm sure the seam lines were always there it just became more noticeable after powdering. This is always an issue with knockoff dolls.

How to fix these white lines/residual/molding lines, can I use a heat gun, or do I need "finishers" or "preparers" and all that weird glues and pastes ? To fix you are going to need a variable heat gun with a molders spade to flaten the lines or if the seams are pronounced you could take a pair of very sharp sewing clippers and very carefully snip the excess.

My Phicen models do not require this much work, but I wasnt a hobby gynacologist back then.. ;)

also, there is no tongue, and there is a hole in both oral and vaginal cavity, I think I shoudld seal this up using hobby silicone tube stuff. Most dolls will not come with a tongue and is an add-on feature... since your doll is made of TPE DO NOT USE SILICONE unless you which to destroy the doll.

I just got the fear, that washing and rinsing, oiling, powdering and all that made it look worse ? It looked the best after oiling and drying out the oil. But then came the powder.... Washing is always necessary for sanitary reasons as is powdering but powdering generally is an art by applying it through a sock or something similar... if you are just dumping powder on the doll then you are going to end up with a doll that looks worse... the powder is only there to provide a thin barrier from the stickiness of the TPE

then that so-called "tan" was not much of a tan.. Again you are probably applying way too much powder.

totally newbie here, just want some real neat photo shoots, and just got probs with stains from a brief, when the doll was sitting upright. Here I go with whitening toothpaste.. and I thought Phicen models were much work!!

good news: i finally have identical bar chairs (scale 1/6 and 1/1) that will be funn shooting pics of
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

DropDeadDolls
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DropDeadDolls »

thanks a bunch for the reply, learning the ropes here. sure is a funny hobby!
Dawn Evelyn Carter (143)
Phicens (1/6+1/12)

BadGrampy
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by BadGrampy »

MsMiller wrote:Hi

I did read up alot, and did a lot of wrong things, maybe.

Mild soap, water, powder, baby oil, what not , times 3, in variations, not sure it if made the doll look worse.

also, how to remove talc or powder ?

Now, it seems, thay maybe these small lines/seems show, by fingers and toes. I don't get it. were these there before, I am not sure.

How to fix these white lines/residual/molding lines, can I use a heat gun, or do I need "finishers" or "preparers" and all that weird glues and pastes ?

also, there is no tongue, and there is a hole in both oral and vaginal cavity, I think I shoudld seal this up using hobby silicone tube stuff.

I just got the fear, that washing and rinsing, oiling, powdering and all that made it look worse ? It looked the best after oiling and drying out the oil. But then came the powder....

then that so-called "tan" was not much of a tan..

I use a sock with cornstarch in it and a large very soft makeup brush to help make the skin look uniform. It takes a couple of times applying the powder to get used to how much you need. I get my powder (cornstarch) at either the grocery store or the local dollar store. It's very inexpensive. I keep my little doll pretty busy (good thing I didn't have her when I was in my 20's! :whistle: ), so I usually do spot touch ups if she gets sticky. Hang in there, you'll get used to it. I'd be careful about doing any of the Vaseline/Nivea cream treatments when she's new and still sweating some excess oil. Mine is a 100cm "Rifrano" bought from a drop ship website but I haven't seen her face in any other threads or online until I went searching for her and she seems to only be offered by Rifrano based sellers. Best of luck!
Gramps
"You NEXUS 6 - I make your eyes..." Asian Genetic engineer to unidentified trespasser in fog shrouded subzero eye lab.
"If only you could see what your eyes have seen!" Artificial Human (aka Replicant, skin job) Roy Batty

"And the last skin job is Pris, your basic pleasure model for the off-world colonies..."

Blade Runner 1982

None of us is getting out alive, act accordingly...

DropDeadDolls
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DropDeadDolls »

cheers BC!

more stains from black lingerie, but they seem to go away using toothpaste. Sure hope so, cos the other costumes are no good before those black stains are gone. Almost thought of leaving some stain there as for 'pubic hair'.

One pinky finger is poked, and then some other tears..not sure I want to go into rubber work.
..then again who else will fix it..

I find Mishka's posts to be very useful, so just gotta pull maself together and molest away

Lost 2 toe nails now. seller was intelligent enough to send me nails, along with a proper insert (without a tongue and lips!)

but, the nails look like tiny small transparent stickers. Seller has no clue!

I gather the stickers are used to put on top of nails, and then paint the nails ? Well, I still need toe nails.
The seller has pretty much given up, told me they cannot make the quality I ask, and sent me away ;)

Last convo was me complaining they sent me head 108 instead of head 273. I said head 273 is not supposed to have a lower lip mid ridge.

What I don't get is, some say, new dolls need oil, some that opposite..

and in some way it seems that less is more, You may have a good point is not overdoing powdering.

I wonder if there's an alternative to brushing the powder on.

If I am to use a sock, I'd need more baby powder (or can You say BABE powder?!)
Dawn Evelyn Carter (143)
Phicens (1/6+1/12)

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

MsMiller wrote:cheers BC!

more stains from black lingerie, but they seem to go away using toothpaste. Forum member Indigo has a stain remover, but I just use my Arm and Hammer Peroxicare Toothpaste but then again my stains are rare and are generally lite so they disappear quickly... deeper stains will take longer.Sure hope so, cos the other costumes are no good before those black stains are gone. Almost thought of leaving some stain there as for 'pubic hair'.

One pinky finger is poked, and then some other tears..not sure I want to go into rubber work.

I find Mishka's posts to be very useful, so just gotta pull maself together and molest away

Lost 2 toe nails now. seller was intelligent enough to send me nails, along with a proper insert (without a tongue and lips!)
You can always just go and buy nails to replace the ones you lose and just use nail glue.

I gather the stickers are used to put on top of nails, and then paint the nails ? Well, I still need toe nails.
The seller has pretty much given up, told me they cannot make the quality I ask, and sent me away ;)

Last convo was me complaining they sent me head 108 instead of head 273. I said head 273 is not supposed to have a lower lip mid ridge. A common problem with not going through a vendor.

What I don't get is, some say, new dolls need oil, some that opposite.. Your doll will not need oiling right away just a bath and powdering will be sufficient. Of course, when dealing with a copy the TPE might be a bit harder and as such will need to be oiled once every six months... I've never oiled any of my TPE dolls and the oldest is about 4 years old now.

and in some way it seems that less is more, You may have a good point is not overdoing powdering.

I wonder if there's an alternative to brushing the powder on. Using a soft sock with cornstarch is a pretty common way of applying as well as using a powder puff or brush.

If I am to use a sock, I'd need more baby powder (or can You say BABE powder?!If you are streaking your doll then you are applying too much also remember TPE is very porous so the little particles will get lodged into the TPE. )
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

DropDeadDolls
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DropDeadDolls »

Dollarhyde wrote:
MsMiller wrote:cheers BC!

more stains from black lingerie, but they seem to go away using toothpaste. Forum member Indigo has a stain remover, but I just use my Arm and Hammer Peroxicare Toothpaste but then again my stains are rare and are generally lite so they disappear quickly... deeper stains will take longer.Sure hope so, cos the other costumes are no good before those black stains are gone. Almost thought of leaving some stain there as for 'pubic hair'.

You can always just go and buy nails to replace the ones you lose and just use nail glue.

Last convo was me complaining they sent me head 108 instead of head 273. I said head 273 is not supposed to have a lower lip mid ridge. A common problem with not going through a vendor.

What I don't get is, some say, new dolls need oil, some that opposite.. Your doll will not need oiling right away just a bath and powdering will be sufficient. Of course, when dealing with a copy the TPE might be a bit harder and as such will need to be oiled once every six months... I've never oiled any of my TPE dolls and the oldest is about 4 years old now.

I wonder if there's an alternative to brushing the powder on. Using a soft sock with cornstarch is a pretty common way of applying as well as using a powder puff or brush.

If I am to use a sock, I'd need more baby powder (or can You say BABE powder?!If you are streaking your doll then you are applying too much also remember TPE is very porous so the little particles will get lodged into the TPE. )

from what I understand, Indigo is a vendor.

of course Indigo sells stain remover on TDF.

I am so much done reading taglines, avatars and all the other propaganda, including excessive quoting like this.
Sorry DH, just being in a bad mood..thanks for You kind words :)
Dawn Evelyn Carter (143)
Phicens (1/6+1/12)

DropDeadDolls
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: ?-143B Knockoff issues

Post by DropDeadDolls »

hm i am thinking, this first doll got me SOO confused, but now it makes sense much more.

the 166C doll apparently need a LOT of repairs as-is. Whatever that doll is, I hope it's not a second-hand used doll LOL, or a second grade scrapped product. But, making dolls like that, it seems like a waste of TPE.

the 166C doll get to have gotten 7 out of 10 stars.

but after I got this other doll, i'd say the new doll gets 8 out of 10 stars (no platinum skin etc)

the second doll (143B) cost 57% of the first doll (166C), an amazing 656usd deal at uloversdoll com

and now the 166C gets 4 or 5 out of 10 stars. because ESDOLL failed miserably, I can now compare the dolls and quite see substantial differences.

the first doll (166C) has these issues:

- dimensions did not really match an authentic WM-166C
- wrong head supplied (#108 instead of #273, which they "didn't have", didn't care
- came with wrong color eyes, got a green pair later on from ESDOLL. COM
- no shrugging shoulders
- no hollow breasts
- weird oral orifice, looks to be way to tight for anything
- came with red teeth
- came with wrong vagina insert, that had lips and tongue, some sort of head insert, or pipe dream mast toy? Seller sent another insert, that looked more proper to fit. Nothing special about it at all.
- came with unsealed vagina-cavity
- vagina entrance walls look like they have been chopped through a meat hacker, this is apparently not a texture, but stupidity or something, does not look good..
- came with very poor hands and feet, mould lines everywhere
- long mold lines in arm pits
- abrasion/peeling or something in a few places revealing glossy TPE material below
- nails real poorly fixed, 3 fallen off, gone maybe in the laundry machine
- complained over nails and got a set of 'transparent nail stickers', not sure what those are for.
- no stainless steel foot bolts
- fingers look too short and have weird shape, period!
- calves appear maybe a bit too long, maybe this skeleton was 'stretched' (sucks)
- no hand palm plates (and no hand skeleton of course, just standard low quality hands)
- all links are way way too much tightened, except maybe knees and elbows
- standing feet are very stubborn to position
- one hip link/joint is much tighter than the other, making posing a PITA
- one knee more sloppy than the other, same thing

- one wrist seems broken already
- one finger has poked through the TPE material
- both lower orifices are torn already, maybe because I put a shipload of talcum inthere as per tip by some long haired dude. mon ami or something. AND because they sent me some stoopid insert, that would never fit inthere, unless one used a friggin bulldozer to plant it in there, obviously just as stoopid. Looking in the rear view mirror, well, good thing I didn't install that wrong insert in the anal cavity..Ya did WHAAT? LOL

- the oral orifice has white TPE material inside for some weird reason. It won't fit much, maybe a finger when lubed.

It makes sense now, how the first doll got me confused.

Not sure what to do with that tanned body.. open a Tanned TPE cube box store on eBay ;)

or maybe someone need a life.like prothesis :D
Dawn Evelyn Carter (143)
Phicens (1/6+1/12)

Cubiko
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Cubiko »

Hi zroadster,

Sorry to disappoint you, but that is not the real thing. It is nether a grey market nor factory second doll. It is a copy of an original doll from WM Dolls. For those of us that worked on the 166C project at WM, and know this doll intimately, there are some clear signs. The face is the biggest giveaway.
With that said, if you are happy with your doll I am not one to judge you as a buyer - enjoy your doll :)

It might seem like a waste of TPE for some of us (nicely put DDD), but for the factories that make these dolls (yes there are several) it means easy and fast cash. What they do is buy an original, pretending to be a customer, then replicate it and make a new mould in their own factory. They have no costs related to design and development, no marketing or promotional costs (as they can use the WM photos to fool their customers), and perhaps most important they use cheap materials in both skeleton and TPE - they do not care what they put into the TPE material used to make these dolls, as they buy the cheapest there is (I feel bad about the workers). So use at your own risk. Everything is about keeping costs low, get the sale done fast, and fooling customers into thinking that they are buying the same doll as in the photos.

DropDeadDolls
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DropDeadDolls »

I must've been a bit hard on the 166C, there is this to add:

the TPE, at least now, is ultra ultra soft. Hard to imagine it with hollow breasts, as they are rather bouncy. Maybe it is all the oiling.

hehe mandos, I've read and heard Your words a hundred times ;)

zroadster> wow You got lucky I suppose. sounds like a good deal.

the 143B was a great deal, just too bad about the height and clothing issues (but good about the weight)

considering the price of the 166C the quality is way too low.

will post more in a dual review thread
Dawn Evelyn Carter (143)
Phicens (1/6+1/12)

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

A massage does wonders for working the cornstarch in on mine. Any seams or other stuff that looks pronounced with powder looks fine afterwards. I think it gets like worked in, maybe it gets loosened but whatever the case a massage works for mine.
Stains I use mineral oil on a paper towel, blot and hold with pressure repeatedly and they either fade or come completely out.

zroadster
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by zroadster »

mandos wrote:Hi zroadster,

Sorry to disappoint you, but that is not the real thing. It is nether a grey market nor factory second doll. It is a copy of an original doll from WM Dolls. For those of us that worked on the 166C project at WM, and know this doll intimately, there are some clear signs. The face is the biggest giveaway.
With that said, if you are happy with your doll I am not one to judge you as a buyer - enjoy your doll :)

It might seem like a waste of TPE for some of us (nicely put DDD), but for the factories that make these dolls (yes there are several) it means easy and fast cash. What they do is buy an original, pretending to be a customer, then replicate it and make a new mould in their own factory. They have no costs related to design and development, no marketing or promotional costs (as they can use the WM photos to fool their customers), and perhaps most important they use cheap materials in both skeleton and TPE - they do not care what they put into the TPE material used to make these dolls, as they buy the cheapest there is (I feel bad about the workers). So use at your own risk. Everything is about keeping costs low, get the sale done fast, and fooling customers into thinking that they are buying the same doll as in the photos.
Mandos, thanks for your feedback. I'm a big fan of your work and it was of course your original 166c photos, videos and write-ups that had me drooling over this form factor for so long, with the 157 trailing behind as a close second!

Obviously people have been capitalizing on your work, which is of course not cool. The fact of the matter is (and I'm sure you know this), culturally, the Chinese work ethic is coin operated and they have no shame about stealing other people's work, copying it and selling it as their own, even from one another, not to mention from other countries; there are simply no cultural taboos around doing this. It's difficult to understand, but "Intellectual Property" is a Western concept, not a Chinese one and especially not a Communist one. Doing business with the Chinese is the same thing as doing business with the Chinese government. One factory plays the good guy and the factory next door plays the bad guy and the government just turns a blind eye to it all as long is it doesn't call any undue publicity, attention and especially lack of business. (Think the "melamine in dog food" scandal which was a fire that was put out as quickly as it started and you never heard about it ever again....)

So to a certain extent if you buy anything from China that is not produced in the tens of millions, you are going to be dealing with different shades of shady grey. But at the same time, they don't want to create bad publicity to the point that it affects sales, so it's a delicate balance of cheap and fast vs expensive and slow. The factories have this all dialed into a science.

I bought a tool set off of Amazon recently that was 1/3 the price of the name brand, but looked identical in the pictures. When it arrived, I opened the package and it absolutely wreaked of toxic chemicals and the tools were all covered in an oily residue. I came very close to throwing it out, but then I set it outside for a few days and wiped all the tools down with a towel and after that they were fine and actually decent tools.

Similarly, the doll I bought absolutely wreaked for the first few days; not the same "toxic chemical" kind of smell as the tools, but more like just a *bad* smell; kind of like the smell of some of the cheap spandex and faux latex shiny clothing you get from places like Yandy.com--or a bit like diesel fuel but without feeling like you are going to die by inhaling it, if that makes sense? The smell impregnated everything it touched. It literally stunk up an entire room. I'm pretty sure it made me sick for a day, because I was all sweaty and broke out in a rash the day after it arrived. Then after a few washings and a few more days, the smell was much less to the point you had to put your nose into the TPE to notice it. It's still there though, and it bugs me thinking about what kind of toxic chemicals they might have used to cut corners to make it more cheaply... TPE in and of itself is a damn mysterious "science." It's basically a bunch of petroleum distillates mixed together with plasticizers and touted as being totally "non-toxic" and safe by every TPE materials company (all also based in China) but when you read the technical literature it sounds like it could be any one of dozens of various refined and not so refined oils and other VOCs that may or may not have caused cancer to rats in labs.

Other than the *smell*, the actual quality of the doll otherwise seemed to be fantastic, not a seam or blemish visible anywhere, perfect "feel" to the TPE, good movement and mobility in most of the joints...the only place where I felt they cut corners was in the head, which is obviously not the 273, but damn, the body was absolutely rocking'! The head was pretty too, for what it's worth, with "brown" eyes that were actually more like dark purple, but pretty and sexy also. Good quality makeup and nails and wig and totally stellar packaging. So if they are cutting costs somewhere it's probably the TPE itself, which actually feels great, if not just smelly and potentially toxic. Overall, for my first experience with a doll, I wasn't disappointed. I was telling her she's a stinky bitch, but a sexy one, haha.

All of that said, I am 1000% not advocating for buying fakes or from questionable sources and I want to be respectful of the doll vendors here who go to extraordinary lengths to ensure the product they are selling is the real deal/doll, the customer services issues are dealt with, etc. You pretty much need a middle man to deal with the Chinese to ensure you are not getting ripped off. In my case Amazon was the middle man and "in stock and 2 day shipping" was my deciding factor.

If I could do it all again and get a doll with the right head and no smell from a vendor here and pay twice or three times as much, but still get it in two days, I absolutely would... So hopefully the better factories get it together and figure out a way for supply to catch up with demand, because obviously the "bad guy" factories are killing it in the meantime as well. But maybe that's all just part of the game that's played anyway?

INFORMATIONS