Starpery.com

What to watch out for when using lube/soap/powder

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Zanarkand

What to watch out for when using lube/soap/powder

Post by Zanarkand »

Like the title says, what should you watch out for when buying these items for a silicone doll?

Is all waterbased lube always safe?
Can there by anything wrong with cornstarch?
What soap should you avoid?

Thanks in advance!
Sino - Sanhui 160cm AIO - Review!
Kaori - Aotume 143cm-B - Order page / First photo's
Please visit - The Cosplay Corner!
The Doll Club discord: Click!

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: What to watch out for when using lube/soap/powder

Post by Dollarhyde »

Waterbased lubes are always going to be the preferred lube for either TPE or platinum silicone... there is absolutely nothing wrong with cornstarch it's my preferred powder I use. Stay away from harsh detergent types of soap... again the preferred soap is going to be an anti-bacterial soap.
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

Zanarkand

Post by Zanarkand »

Dollarhyde wrote:Waterbased lubes are always going to be the preferred lube for either TPE or platinum silicone... there is absolutely nothing wrong with cornstarch it's my preferred powder I use. Stay away from harsh detergent types of soap... again the preferred soap is going to be an anti-bacterial soap.
Thanks! The lube and cornstarch part is clear then.
But the soap, does that mean you should use the kind of soap you normally wash your hands with for example? I am just not sure which ingredients to watch out for.

Mick
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Mick »

Hi!

Water-based lube is essential for silicone dolls. I find KY warming jelly works well.

When dealing with silicone dolls, you must avoid petroleum based lubes such as Vaseline. TPE dolls have different constraints (yes to water-based and petroleum based, silicone-based an absolute no-no)

With respect to powdering, I use baby powder as it has a nice smell that reminds me of decades ago when I visited the strip club. :)

I don't pay a lot of attention to soap because it is on the doll only temporarily. I use warm water and liquid soap, and use a sponge to apply it and then immediately wipe her dry. Then the power goes on to remove the tacky feeling.

When the doll first arrives you should wash her thoroughly to remove residue from the factory. After this is done, you only need to wash areas that got messy. :) Putting her in stockings eliminates the time-expensive task of washing her legs, but you need to be careful where silicone is concerned! The black stockings that have the sticky part at the top to keep it sticking to her upper thighs WILL STAIN the silicone doll. The good news is the stains will eventually leech out over time due to the silicone doll's extended curing time, where oil continues to leech out for a while.

On a related topic.... don't put her on expensive sheets for an extended period of time. The oil leeching process will leave a visible stain on the sheets. I prefer to use a white beach towel during playtime and washing/powering time. Then toss it in the washing machine and dryer, and you're good to go again.

Good luck!

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

Zanarkand wrote:
Dollarhyde wrote:Waterbased lubes are always going to be the preferred lube for either TPE or platinum silicone... there is absolutely nothing wrong with cornstarch it's my preferred powder I use. Stay away from harsh detergent types of soap... again the preferred soap is going to be an anti-bacterial soap.
Thanks! The lube and cornstarch part is clear then.
But the soap, does that mean you should use the kind of soap you normally wash your hands with for example? I am just not sure which ingredients to watch out for.
Personally, I just use a liquid antibacterial soap... :angel:
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

Zanarkand

Post by Zanarkand »

Thanks guys, everyone is super helpfull as always! :)
The black stockings that have the sticky part at the top to keep it sticking to her upper thighs WILL STAIN the silicone doll. The good news is the stains will eventually leech out over time due to the silicone doll's extended curing time, where oil continues to leech out for a while.
This is super helpful, I had actually ordered a pair of those... Luckily they were super cheap. Guess I should look for ones that have some elastic mechanic to stay in place.

Mick
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Mick »

Zanarkand wrote:Thanks guys, everyone is super helpfull as always! :)
The black stockings that have the sticky part at the top to keep it sticking to her upper thighs WILL STAIN the silicone doll. The good news is the stains will eventually leech out over time due to the silicone doll's extended curing time, where oil continues to leech out for a while.
This is super helpful, I had actually ordered a pair of those... Luckily they were super cheap. Guess I should look for ones that have some elastic mechanic to stay in place.
The flesh colored ones don't stain, so you can use those without any problem.

Zanarkand

Post by Zanarkand »

Mick wrote:
Wait, you mean the black from the stockings will stain it? I thought you meant only the sticky part at the top.

Mick
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Mick »

Zanarkand wrote:
Mick wrote:
Wait, you mean the black from the stockings will stain it? I thought you meant only the sticky part at the top.
I specifically mean the black sticky part at the top.

Zanarkand

Post by Zanarkand »

Mick wrote:
Zanarkand wrote:
Mick wrote:
I specifically mean the black sticky part at the top.
Alright, got it, will watch out for black sticky parts :D

Tzty

Post by Tzty »

New clothes, especially dark/black, is recomended to wash before use, it can react.

Zanarkand

Post by Zanarkand »

Tzty_Doll wrote:New clothes, especially dark/black, is recomended to wash before use, it can react.
I am planning to wash them and soak them in hot water before use, thanks :D

INFORMATIONS