Starpery.com

3 Foot Cinderella doll Mod Plans and Review

Got an idea? Need an invention?
TakersRose

3 Foot Cinderella doll Mod Plans and Review

Post by TakersRose »

I've been wanting one of the 'My Size' dolls ever since the first My Size Barbie Doll came out. Off and on I've been looking for one so that I could do some modifications on her. Unfortunately I've never been able to find one that I could afford. Well, last night I had the chance to go to Target annnnnnd guess what I found? An obscenely discounted Cinderella My Fairytale Friend 38 inch doll. I couldn't pass it up. It was like Fate (even though I'm broke till April 1st lol).

I had a lot of pleasant surprises when I first took the window box off. The first thing I noticed was the quality of the dress. I had expected a very cheap, factory made fashion doll type dress. Instead what's included is a Halloween costume quality dress the sort you'd get at say Party City for about 20 to 30 dollars or so. It's not a bad dress except it sheds blue glitter from the skirt but the sort of glitter net overlay that was used, I wasn't surprised. Other than the glitter situation, the dress is made pretty well.

The hair of the doll is better than I expected. It doesn't have that 'doll hair smell' and it's silkier than I thought it would be. Although the color of blonde is a little too platinum to be natural for my tastes. That's one of the first things I'll likely do during my modification process is remove the factory hair in favor of a wig. I found an online doll wig supplier called Monique Wigs and there are plenty in her size.

Her face is very cute, true to the Disney Cinderella character. She looks just like the Princess. However, I'd like to give her a make over so she's a little more realistic. Though I do like that she's cartoon-y. So I'll probably just darken her makeup into a more Gothic style.

The major Modifications that I want to do are her BODY and her FEET. I'd like to give her a larger, more realistic bust, a thinner waist and more of a backside. And of course I'd like to give her high heeled feet so that she can wear some custom shoes. I don't like the flat feet.

BUT in the mean time, I'll be getting to know her and hopefully she'll become a good friend.

More to come.....
Attachments
Close up of her feet, she has really cute blue, clear plastic shoes and her feet are flat like the other My Size I've seen. The only thing I didn't care for, was this ridge around them that is sort of shoe shaped.
Close up of her feet, she has really cute blue, clear plastic shoes and her feet are flat like the other My Size I've seen. The only thing I didn't care for, was this ridge around them that is sort of shoe shaped.
Cinderella Close Up Feet.jpg (790.81 KiB) Viewed 3114 times
Just after her unboxing. She doesn't have that 'plastic-y' smell and her hair is really silky like traditional Barbie hair. But, it's a little on the shiny side and I'll likely remove it in favor of a wig.
Just after her unboxing. She doesn't have that 'plastic-y' smell and her hair is really silky like traditional Barbie hair. But, it's a little on the shiny side and I'll likely remove it in favor of a wig.
Cinderella Close Up Torso.png (1.22 MiB) Viewed 3114 times
A close up of her face. She's really cute and captures the traditional Disney Cinderella look. I'll probably do at least a partial repaint of her face.
A close up of her face. She's really cute and captures the traditional Disney Cinderella look. I'll probably do at least a partial repaint of her face.
Cinderella Close up Face.jpg (849.02 KiB) Viewed 3114 times
This is Cinderella out of the box and sitting on the bed. I was so happy to see that she didn't have the wide legged splayed feet seated pose that some of the My Size Dolls have. It's my preference that the legs are together when seated.
This is Cinderella out of the box and sitting on the bed. I was so happy to see that she didn't have the wide legged splayed feet seated pose that some of the My Size Dolls have. It's my preference that the legs are together when seated.
Cinderella Sitting.jpg (834.38 KiB) Viewed 3114 times
Official Doll Accessories Fund = 47.00

Leia Marie - Teddy Bade - Doll Companion
Dyanna Lioncourt - Tonner Carol Barrie Model ~ Alpha Doll
Sarina - Phicen ~Sarina Valentina Body w/Jakks Pacific Paradise Dolls Head~
Cinderella -38" My Size Disney Cinderella Doll "
Belle - 38" My Size Disney Belle Doll

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Re: 3 Foot Cinderella doll Mod Plans and Review

Post by MannequinFan »

Hi TakersRose,

Shes's really cute! Congrats on your new friend!

IMO the face has a more attractive shape than the standard MSB face. Should look very nice when you're done with her. :)

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

MannequinFan wrote:Hi TakersRose,

Shes's really cute! Congrats on your new friend!

IMO the face has a more attractive shape than the standard MSB face. Should look very nice when you're done with her. :)
Thank you so much. I think she's going to be a great companion. We watched some TV today, that's the real test. I'm a total TV junkie.

DDdioxine
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by DDdioxine »

Her face did look a bit different form mine. Good luck with the mod and looking forward to seeing your progress!

DD.

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

DDdioxine wrote:Her face did look a bit different form mine. Good luck with the mod and looking forward to seeing your progress!

DD.
Thanks!

The more I brush her hair, the more I've noticed that the strength of the strands won't stand up. That's one of the things I love to do is style my doll's hair. The first thing I'll likely do is remove her factory hair and buy her a wig.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

DDdioxine wrote:Her face did look a bit different form mine. Good luck with the mod and looking forward to seeing your progress!

DD.
There are quite a few variations of My Size Barbie faces and special edition runs as well. I actually installed a large size Barbie styling head on my MSB.

Hope the project goes well for you TR.
RK
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

rubherkitty wrote:

DD.
There are quite a few variations of My Size Barbie faces and special edition runs as well. I actually installed a large size Barbie styling head on my MSB.

RK
Thank you.

During my search for a My Size Doll I had wondered about the large size styling heads because I've never been a fan of the 'grinning' Barbie. I've always thought the more subtle smiles are more attractive. I think it was the Angel My Size Barbie that had the closed mouth. I haven't come across too many of those when I've had the money to actually buy one. And it's fate because I was meant to have Cinderella.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

This is my MSB Janell. Her head "was" the Angel, but I gave that head to Samara. Janell's head is a little larger than the std MSB and comes from a Barbie styling head toy. It is the type that has the hands. I bought Janell used and her hair was all ratted and chopped some so I cut it all off and bought her this wig. It is actually a human wig called a "topper?" or something, for women who are thin on top.
Attachments
janell.jpg
janell.jpg (67.95 KiB) Viewed 2981 times
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Noce stuff i have a my size barbie too. Planning on doing some stuff to her when i have time. Congrats t.r on finding such a cute toy lady to spend your time with. Look forward to more pics of her.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

rubherkitty wrote:This is my MSB Janell. Her head "was" the Angel, but I gave that head to Samara. Janell's head is a little larger than the std MSB and comes from a Barbie styling head toy. It is the type that has the hands. I bought Janell used and her hair was all ratted and chopped some so I cut it all off and bought her this wig. It is actually a human wig called a "topper?" or something, for women who are thin on top.
Janell is lovely. I love the makeup. That's really cool and creative that you found the 'topper' wig. Janell's hair looks really realistic.

samara78 wrote:Noce stuff i have a my size barbie too. Planning on doing some stuff to her when i have time. Congrats t.r on finding such a cute toy lady to spend your time with. Look forward to more pics of her.
Thank you. Good luck with your Barbie too.

DDdioxine
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by DDdioxine »

TakersRose wrote:
rubherkitty wrote:

DD.

RK
Thank you.

During my search for a My Size Doll I had wondered about the large size styling heads because I've never been a fan of the 'grinning' Barbie. I've always thought the more subtle smiles are more attractive. I think it was the Angel My Size Barbie that had the closed mouth. I haven't come across too many of those when I've had the money to actually buy one. And it's fate because I was meant to have Cinderella.
Just so happened that I am working on my MSB project: a clip on mask to wipe the grin off Barbie's mouth. :D
Some WIP, still working on her makeup.
DSC_0002s.jpg
DSC_0002s.jpg (49.03 KiB) Viewed 2936 times
DSC_0003s.jpg
DSC_0003s.jpg (51.96 KiB) Viewed 2936 times
DSC_0004s.jpg
DSC_0004s.jpg (53.17 KiB) Viewed 2936 times
DD.

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

Ahhhh the Barbie grin. The 'I'll keep this cheerleader grin no matter what you do to me'. :haha4: One of the reasons I've shyed away from the 1/6th scale Barbies is because I prefer the closed mouths.
DDdioxine wrote:
TakersRose wrote:
rubherkitty wrote:

DD.

RK
Thank you.

Just so happened that I am working on my MSB project: a clip on mask to wipe the grin off Barbie's mouth. :D
Some WIP, still working on her makeup.
DSC_0002s.jpg
DSC_0003s.jpg
DSC_0004s.jpg
DD.
The mask in your photos is incredible. If you don't mind me asking, how did you make it?

DDdioxine
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by DDdioxine »

TakersRose wrote:Ahhhh the Barbie grin. The 'I'll keep this cheerleader grin no matter what you do to me'. :haha4: One of the reasons I've shyed away from the 1/6th scale Barbies is because I prefer the closed mouths.

The mask in your photos is incredible. If you don't mind me asking, how did you make it?
I got a 18 inch which actually has a lovely face.

Thanks for thinking that my mask is incredible. It's an idea I got when I first modified my MSB. It's a long procedure in the most simplified terms is creating the shell on a computer and 3D printed it out, then long hours of polishing and painting. When I have a more finished makeup I'll start a new thread. Posting the steps here will be hijacking your thread :oops: which I don't want. :P

DD.

DDdioxine
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by DDdioxine »

Okay, I'll hijack your thread a little bit. Thought you might find these useful for your mod. Just receive some acrylic eyes and I test it on my mask. Here is the result:
DSC_0001.JPG
DSC_0001.JPG (105.26 KiB) Viewed 2821 times
DSC_0004.JPG
DSC_0004.JPG (84.47 KiB) Viewed 2821 times
DSC_0005.JPG
DSC_0005.JPG (78.29 KiB) Viewed 2821 times
DSC_0008.JPG
DSC_0008.JPG (90.81 KiB) Viewed 2821 times
DD.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hey DD that mask is outstanding! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Looks great on the MSB with the hair. Nice work!

INFORMATIONS