betterlovedoll.com

Traditional Theme

Official announcements regarding "The Doll Forum" and "CoverDoll" from site management.
Also post your own announcements.
Bill
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Traditional Theme

Post by Bill »

Ish,
The traditional theme is the only theme that gives me a full page forum when I select forums so I made a link to the full page forum on my desktop from that but I discovered there is no HOME button at the top of the forums page to get me to the index page when I want to check it out or the other pages when they are in the traditional theme mode. Can you put a HOME button on all the pages for when I don't enter through the index page but may want to go to it after reading the forum from traditional theme mode?

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

Hi Bill,

I'll add this to my "too do" list. My first priority today is to get everyone added to the Private Forum and Ladies Forum. And then work down the list from there.

Thanks,
Ish
[i]"Reality is a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs." ~Lily Tomlin[/i]

Bill
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Bill »

Cool.

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

Hi Bill,

I've added a menu line at the top and bottom of the "Traditional" theme. I've also added a new item called "Forums: New Posts." It will display all of the posts since the last time someone has logged in.

I'll keep looking for themes that are simple but versatile. The Traditional theme is the only one that I've found so far which remove both the left and right block columns when the user goes to the forum. I'm sure that I should be able to find a couple more, though.

Thanks,
Ish

jackrabbit
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by jackrabbit »

It's nice to be able to try out new themes. I'm running "sunset" right now, which is easier on my geezer eyes. :D :D
Jack Worthington Rabbit, Esq.

Bill
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Bill »

Thanks Ish,
This works great for my old eyes and I don't need to see all that other stuff when I'm just reading the forum but now I can see all the other stuff when I need it. Works great.

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

Hi Bill,

Glad I could help. It is kind of strange that they didn't provide that in the theme.

Ish

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

Hi JR,

Yeah, Synobyte asked for that theme :)

Ish

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

Ishtaria wrote:Hi JR,

Yeah, Synobyte asked for that theme :)

Ish
Sent you another PM. Thank you for response. I've not tried Sunset, but tried two others on previous day. Didn't like them because of my eyes. I just switched to Tradition theme (using that now). Per PM, I thought graphics board would be able to handle web site. I'll play around a bit now to see if there's a difference.<p>I hope you know I wasn't bitching. I was just concerned I wouldn't be able to, or only periodically be able to access TDF. Thank you again.<p>Edit:<br>Traditional powers...activate!<br>Form of...A Successful Post!

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

Hi Inkling,

It sounds like there is something in the default theme that is "tickling" a bug in an installed plugin in your version of IE 5.0.

The only thing that is used on the page is a very small amount of Javascript. And the Javascript on IE 5.0 is very buggy on (if I remember correctly) update pack 2.

You probably have reasons for staying with IE 5.0, so I won't suggest upgrading.

Glad that seems to be working.

Ish

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

I've just added a very interesting theme called Helius. Anyone who is up for taking a look at a different theme should try Helius.

:)

Ish

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

Ishtaria:<br>Everything going fine until in this thread I clicked Quote button. Got another Illegal Op. Post Reply button worked. Here is ScanDisk result. Is JPI Java-related?<p>
Microsoft ScanDisk for Windows

NOTE: If you use an MS-DOS program to view this file, some of the characters
may appear incorrectly. Use a Windows program such as Notepad instead.

Log file generated at 11:55 on 6/13/2003.

ScanDisk used the following options:
Thorough test
Check dates and times
Automatically fix errors

Drive Cel (C:) contained the following errors:

The C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\QuickTime
folder contained incorrect information about QTUninst.dll (MS-DOS name QTUNINST.DLL):
The last-modified date or time for the file or folder was invalid.
Resolution: Repair the error
Results: Error was corrected as specified above.

The C:\WINDOWS\.jpi_cache\file\1.0
folder contained incorrect information about Measure.class-5d526ecf-1b8768b2.idx (MS-DOS name MEASUR~1.IDX):

The C:\WINDOWS\.jpi_cache\file\1.0
folder contained incorrect information about SleepThread.class-35052e72-3c85e634.idx (MS-DOS name SLEEPT~1.IDX):

ScanDisk found errors on this drive and fixed them all.

-------------------

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

There's a couple of possibilities. One of them is that your system may be setup to use qucik time for some services. I believe, if I'm not mistaken, that QT can be set as the service used to animate GIFs. Some of the smiles are animated, as well as some people's avatars.

The other thing, and I tend more toward this, is that the jpi cache is directly related to the javascript runtime plugin. What scan disk has indicated is that it found sections occupied by these modules and it "fix the disk." Which means that the file has somehow been trucated.

I'm tempted to suggest that you go to the Microsoft web site and reinstall the final service pack for IE 5.0. But before doing that, I first like to see if anyone else here has any suggestions.

For the moment don't use the BBCode buttons (doing it manually is ok), or quote. They both utilize javascript, and may require something that was referenced (or sub-referenced) by the segment that was trucated.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Hang in there Inkling, we'll get it working.

Ish

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

Hi Inkling,

I guess now one else has any suggestions. Why don't you try my suggestion regarding reinstalling the final service pack for IE 5 from Microsoft. That will at least restore whatever was damaged that disk scan picked up on.

Ish

Nada

Post by Nada »

... Hello Ish ...

"Health and Safety" seems to be missing in my favorite Theme "Traditional" along with the normal "Top Bar", that is on other Themes?

Here is what I see, on top, in the "Traditional" Theme...

:: Home :: Forums :: Chatroom :: Doll Handbook :: DollAlbum :: Feedback ::

:: Journal :: Member Gallery :: Members List :: News :: Private Messages :: Product Reviews ::

:: Recommend Us :: Statistics :: Submit News :: User Groups :: Web Links :: World Doll Community ::

:: Your Account ::

((( Thanks )))

INFORMATIONS