sexyrealsexdolls.com

CoverDoll Issues *******

Report any bugs or problematic issues with the website here.
Foxhole23
Doll
Doll

CoverDoll Issues *******

Post by Foxhole23 »

Doll Forum Friends,

Have any of you had problems with the CoverDoll website? (Loading slowly or not at all)??

I have spoken to CoverDoll. They are having some trouble with the server and trying to work out the problem with the host provider. What they need to justify their claims with the host provider is your feedback!

Please friends: if you have had trouble getting the CoverDoll website to come up on your computer, please let them know with a reply to this Announcement.

--**--If you have had no trouble, they would probably like to know that too!

Thanks so much,

Foxy

CJD
Ex-Member

Post by CJD »

as a matter of fact I am finding it very slow and I am prompted to sign in again ( after already signing in ) to view pages such as the feature pics.

Elle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Elle »

I must admit that i have a global problem of speed when surfing coverdoll.ca 8)
After the click i often wait from 2 to 10 seconds before something new appears on my screen. Sometimes (but rarely) this is a blank page which appears.

The problem occurs at the home page too, the one where we must say if we are 18 yolder or not.

As a CoverDoll team member i accept this slowness and the potentials of the site are high and appreciated. But it's obvious that the slowness could discourage the visitors.

Hope this helps.

Jihan & Elle
__________________ ALL DOLLS ARE WELCOME... SUBMIT YOUR DOLL TO THE MATRIX __________________ My Website
ImageImage

Musician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Musician »

I Just signed up for Cover Doll today. I was having problems creating an account before as everytime I clicked on the creat account page, I just got a blank screen.

I got an account today, but then went to see another page and gave up as it wouldn't finish downloading the page after waiting for quite a while.

Part of that could be on my end as I'm unfortunately stuck with dial up since I live out in the sticks. So everything is pretty slow. Maybe the two factors together makes it even slower.
"The truth can never be wrong, even if no one hears it." - Mahatma Gandhi
My Doll Album: www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=11765

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

FH...

I went to the CoverDoll Welcome page and clicked Enter and....NOTHING happened! I went there about a week ago and everything seemed to be downloading normally. Something's definitely wrong and it's not with my equipment.

I'm using a 56 kbps modem dialup connection and an MSN TV2 receiver with an IE 6.0 browser.

technoguy
I am NOT currently a doll owner.

fuji

Post by fuji »

I have the same problem, it take a long time for loading the pages... Image It seems that they have effectively a little bit slow bandwidth... :x

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

Me too. Very slow and it does not respond at all after the first couple of mouse clicks.

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: CoverDoll Issues *******

Post by midiman »

Foxhole23 wrote:Doll Forum Friends,

Have any of you had problems with the CoverDoll website? (Loading slowly or not at all)??

I have spoken to CoverDoll. They are having some trouble with the server and trying to work out the problem with the host provider. What they need to justify their claims with the host provider is your feedback!

Foxy
Many thanks, Foxhole23. But with Midiman on their case they had their hands full.. I just compiled a list of 60 complaints using my multiple personality disorder and sent it to them...not really :) But I did tell them we were getting a lot of complaints. Actually they have been bending over backwards to help from day one. They came back with this:

Hello David,

Sorry for the inconvenience. To eliminate the problem you can try by moving your database to a new MYSQL Server.

You can do that in the following way:

* Take the backup of the database
* Create a new database which will be created on another mysql server.
* Import the backup into the newly created database.
* Edit your script to use the new database.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards
John, Support
Servage Hosting

Of course, owing to the great knowledge I have in server level database maintenance, I told them this:

This may be a little beyond me,however, when you speak of:
* Edit your script to use the new database.

Would this be the file locations, etc. or is it necessary to copy or move our data files as well?

To which they came back with this:

Hello David,

I have initiated a db import for database backup U686940.sql to a new database U686940A which is in a new database server mysql1062.servage.net and the status can be checked from https://xxxxxx/?menuHeader=3&menuSub=10&page=db_import

After the db import will be finished kindly update the configuration file which is /coverdoll/xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx.php from line 93

Just replace the db url : mysql://xxxxx@mysqlxxxx.servage.net/U6869xxx

If you have any confusion just update us when import will be done we will do needful for you :)

Its not possible for you to know always which script file you need to change db details .

Thank you :)

Kind Regards
Julie, Support
Servage Hosting

You don't get better service than that for a host's technical support.

I made the change, now we have to test it. Hopefully this fixes thing...if not, we may have to look for another host and the transferring of almost 1GB of data :(

Cheers,
Midiman

Update:
The Gallery 2 system uses a different database. It may be necessary to move it as well. Please let me know if you are still experiencing problems if it is Main site, Gallery or both.
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

Foxhole23
Doll
Doll

Post by Foxhole23 »

WOW! What impressive action for a Sunday.

Friends, I just re-visited the CoverDoll site. It seems to be loading pages and pictures faster now. Kudos to everyone!

Foxy

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

Foxhole23 wrote:WOW! What impressive action for a Sunday.

Friends, I just re-visited the CoverDoll site. It seems to be loading pages and pictures faster now. Kudos to everyone!

Foxy
Midiman now goes back upstairs to beg his wife for forgiveness in taking time out of their Sunday to work on CoverDoll....

I must love you guys as I will probably be doing dishes for a week on this one :(

Cheers,
Midiman
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

I'm still getting nothing after I click Enter on the CD welcome page....

technoguy

Pit_Viper
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: CoverDoll Issues *******

Post by Pit_Viper »

[quote="midiman"]

I made the change, now we have to test it. Hopefully this fixes thing...if not, we may have to look for another host and the transferring of almost 1GB of data :(

Cheers,
Midiman

We can always try tossing it up on my Moonport server if we need to.

But so far, it seems ok.

kharn
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by kharn »

Hi All :D ,

The site seems to be working really fast now from my end, so with a little luck we may have cracked the speed issue, so thanks on that Midi 8) .

Techno, I trust you have cookies active and have java switched on for the galleries? Using a 56k will be slow, as the website is graphic intensive but it should load. Try emptying your browser cache and reloading again.

Again it is loading fast now for me but I’m on broadband.

The CD team and I have put a great deal into this site and as such we want it to work and be enjoyable.

But any problem anyone has, report them on this tread and we will do everything possible to make it work for all.

Thanks Foxy for posting the thread :thumbs_up: , we need all the input we can get.

Kharn
 Click to go to Coverdoll

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

K....

Well, I cleared my cache, enabled my cookies and Javascript and....I STILL can't get past the CD homepage!

Perhaps your site has become so graphically complex with such large image files that it is no longer dialup connection "friendly" for MSN TV2 users? Strange because I remember visiting a week or two ago and had no problems. I'll have to give it another try when I'm on my PC sometime.

technoguy

raysmod
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by raysmod »

It sometimes loads but sure takes a long time, especially moving from page to page and I have broadband.
Traceter and me have bonded. It happened quite magically when I looked into her eyes about 8 0'clock this evening; 12th August 2020. She looked at me, and even seem to regard me. No longer did she look through me or past me. Just like in AI, Traceter has imprinted herself on me. And how I welcome, SO MUCH, this!

INFORMATIONS