Starpery.com

Permanent implanted hair scalps instead of wigs - idea

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Brunch
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Permanent implanted hair scalps instead of wigs - idea

Post by Brunch »

Don't know if this idea has been mentioned before? I haven't seen it then...

Imagine how the RealDoll face mask is clicked onto the head - and think this with the hair area instead.

What I imagine is that manufacturers could make heads with on and off clicking scalps with implanted hair. So instead of loose-fitting wigs you would actual click-on your hair-scalp.

Doesn't matter if it's silicone or TPE because the hair will be implantet all the way through the scalps skin. And each hair will be permanently attached on the backside of the skin - the side that face inwards towards the cranium. Just like the underside of a wig.

Now the next thing to think about is the thin gap line along the assembly. I've been thinking about that too.. The assembly area could be made oblique as a wedge so that the scalp wedges obliquely under the forehead when attached. (sorry my english, it's not my native language so some words here may be strange combined) I was too lazy to make an illustration, but I hope you understand what I mean.

Manufacturers have been able to agree on the M16 neck connector, maybe some of them could also agree on the size of such a hair-scalp and more important the press buttons placement. Maybe the hair-scalp-models could be defined by the number of- and distance between the press-buttons.

Imagine if we could have that. One could buy extra click-on implanted hair-scalps and change implanted hair just as if it were wigs. And if one already have them, new faces and new dolls could be purchased with just bald off-clickable scalps.
I don't know what you guys think of this, but I see it as a huge obvious improvement in the development within doll production.

gogodolls
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: Permanent implanted hair scalps instead of wigs - idea

Post by gogodolls »

Brilliant idea! :thumbs_up:

It's a matter of one manufacturer putting the concept forward for others to follow... but this kind of idea will have to be implemented

on very expensive dolls first and then become widespread. (A small production will surely be expensive!) :?
Cheers! :glou:
Don't Worry, Be Happy!

My Scrapbook: viewtopic.php?t=165313
Breast Surgery: viewtopic.php?t=161581

Brunch
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Brunch »

gogodolls wrote:Brilliant idea! :thumbs_up:

It's a matter of one manufacturer putting the concept forward for others to follow... but this kind of idea will have to be implemented

on very expensive dolls first and then become widespread. (A small production will surely be expensive!) :?
Cheers! :glou:
Sure! But I believe this kind of hair implantation could be made by machinery and therefore not handcrafted. Once the hair-implantation-machines are set up they can produce hair-scalps just as effective as wigs. Only the press-buttons must then be applied by hand.

Brunch
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Brunch »

Imagine this respond to this inquiry... [Disclaimer this is just fantasy for now. The letter below is NOT real.]
Dear Customer,

Yes, indeed we have the new hair-implanted scalps for sale in our webshop.

Currently we have the 2 most widespread models. The 3B-4 and the 5B-3.
3B-4 means 3 press-buttons with 4 inches distance mainly used by the Jinsan-factory brands.
5B-3 means 5 press-buttons with 3 inches distance mainly used by brands like Zelex, TaYu, Starpery etc.

Please click on the model you want and take a look at all the different hairstyles and colors we offer.

Best regards,
Whatever Worldwide Vendor

bob444
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by bob444 »

That's a great idea. It would solve a lot of problems.

Kcup
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Kcup »

Isnt this widespread already?

Brunch
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Brunch »

Kcup wrote:Isnt this widespread already?
Not that I know of, but if you could provide a link it would be interesting.

k_roll

Post by k_roll »

In fact, this can be done even easier, and almost universally.
It is enough to start producing wigs on a rubber elastic base. Living people of course would be hot in such, but the dolls do not sweat! And a wig combined with something like a swimming cap would be just right for them! It would stick very well on a smooth head, and with the appropriate color it would be practically invisible.

INFORMATIONS