kimberdoll.com

She's Here...!!!

Kimber Doll is loved by thousands of satisfied customers in the USA, the UK, Australia, Canada and Germany. We pride ourselves on offering the latest in companion doll technology, quality and realism. We’ve worked hard to develop the ultimate companion that is a pleasure to own, lasts the test of time and is reasonably priced. Website: kimberdoll.com
SharkLasers
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

She's Here...!!!

Post by SharkLasers »

Well, my doll finally arrived!

I didn't get to unwrap her as early as I would've hoped, because of the fact that I was home for my girlfriend and I celebrating our 5th year anniversary. I honestly wasn't sure how she'd take it (we hadn't discussed it before), so I decided the safest bet was to keep my new large package "out of sight and mind" as much as possible. When she discovered and enquired about it, I explained that it was a companion for the truck. She guessed correctly and scoffed a bit, but I think she understood what I've been going through for the past couple of years. I haven't been home much and, because of some of her medical and mental health issues, we haven't been able to be sexually intimate, so she seemed sympathetic to allowing it. I don't *plan* on discussing my doll to her, to prevent any potential issues, but time will tell on how everything pans out much later on. (I'm still not sure how I'll be with a doll, let alone my girlfriend.)

The day came around to get me back on the road... Getting her on board the truck was a tricky chore, since I didn't want to open the box at my place (girlfriend/neighbors) or in view of the rest of my company's fleet. I had to play Tetris with my bags and gear inside the truck, but managed to lay the box across the passenger seat (with the seat positioned all the way back and against the floor) and stand it up, as I pulled it toward my bunk. For those curious, I currently drive a 2018 Kenworth T680. As it was, I had to clear EVERYTHING from the front-passenger side (including the cupholders). That said, YMMV if having to negotiate a different truck. Positioning the box proved to be a little tricky and required me raising and locking the top bunk. (However, you can lower it again, once your KD, should you get one, is unpacked.)

For those curious about packing orientation, the box opens with the top flap lifting backwards, and she was packed with her neck being on the right-hand side of the box, and her feet to the left. (If the box were standing upright and on-end, then it should open open like an English language book.) The doll is packed in the box, which is lined with foam pads, and has any/all negative space areas stuffed with inflated blister packing strips. Clearing away the blister packs, you'll find the included (long) blonde wig, accessory kit, and lingerie, along with a letter "from Kimber", covering care instructions. I was relieved to find that my included lingerie was a white babydoll top and matching g-string, as I like baby doll tops and was hoping for any other color than pink. Unfortunately, it's apparent that the lingerie is made, in bulk, for the KD, as it's kinda flimsy and cheap. However, it looks fairly decent, considering that anything nicer would raise the price point, and at least it's guaranteed to fit your KD (even if it's a bit awkward getting the top over her nipples). Underneath those items, I found the doll and head, wrapped in a surprisingly lovely fleece throw. I haven't laundered it yet, so you may see small tufts of loose blanket in my pictures. I may go back and update this post with my opinion on the build quality of the blanket after a couple of washes, but seriously, this blanket is really nice.

The head was placed near the doll's knees, wrapped in foam sheeting. In contrast to another unboxing post, they've apparently switched from the foam goggles to a clear plastic face shield. Unfortunately, my doll had some lip color rub-off on the face shield. Other than that, she was as pretty as a peach (and just as bald!).

Removing the doll body was a little tricky, as I haven't had experience with dolls, but wasn't too difficult. The KD seems to be packaged in a position that arches her back quite a bit, but after a little negotiation, I managed to move her back into a more natural position. The lower back does flex, but seemed a little stiff, given my delicate manipulation. Perhaps the back articulation is meant to be this stiff, but I believe this might just be the doll I received. Either way, I'm okay with it, as I hope to keep her for a long time (should I prove to be suited as being a long-term doll owner).

With regards to her skeletal build, the material feels very sturdy! I wasn't sure what to expect, but considering that I can't inspect the skeletal frame without destroying my doll, I'm impressed. Worth noting is the fact that the KDs now have standing feet as standard. From other posts, I've learned that this is a fairly recent development. Also worth mentioning is that she has the rotating knee joints that I believe is referred to as a "lotus position" option, on other sites. I'm not too familiar with earlier models, or other dolls, but I was impressed further, as I was hoping that she'd flex this way!

While the toes are, indeed, "floppy", I assume this is due to the standing feet option. While others have griped about it, I think the standing feet option is a good trade-off. Unless you happen to be really into feet, it shouldn't be too big of a bother. In the chance you're new (like I am) to owning dolls, the best way I can describe the standing feet option is that it provides reinforced foot frame, along with carriage bolts (with a hex socket), that can be adjusted (the bolts) in a way that does not compress the foot TPE material.

Inspecting the hands showed what should be standard fare wired fingers, with their French-tipped nails. I know these nails don't compare to salon quality, so I wasn't expecting too much, but they are pretty. My doll managed to have a little bit of a tag to one nail (where it was separated from its tree), but a quick trim and filing seemed to fix it right up. "No harm, no foul" so-to-speak. The fingers appear to be extremely soft (less dense) than I would've hoped, given what I've read about poke-throughs, so I'm ruling out anything to do with her hands. I'd advise not moving them much, if you plan to keep one long-term. From my manipulations, it would appear that the wrist flexibility uses the cluster of finger wires (pinched into place by the forearm tubing, at the lower wrist) as a means of articulation. Obviously, since the hands are obviously not strengthened for load bearing, I would advise against positioning the doll in any way that might put any substantial weight on either the hands or wrist "joints". Apart from what's mentioned above, I found her small hands rather cute. ^_^

As for my doll, I found no real blemishes, deformations, or defects in overall skin texture. A very subtle, but rather sweetly enchanting detail was the inclusion of a very fine (almost invisible) glitter, lovingly sprinkled across the upper chest (just above the breasts and upper cleavage) and around the vulva... If you don't look closely, you could easily miss it, but still feel inexplicably drawn to those areas. Sure, most guys would be drawn to those areas, regardless, but this almost imperceptible detail really adds a magical feeling to exploring your doll for the first time. She may be a budget or entry level doll, but this detail shows that there is a sense of pride or care in your doll's creation. (No, I'm not being paid nor compensated to say this. I just really enjoyed this subtle detail.)

One thing I noticed, which initially struck me as odd, was that the mouth and vaginal entrances appeared to be sealed shut, while the anal entrance appeared functional from the start. I'm not certain if this is intentional or simply a side effect of either the manufacturing process (TPE curing), transportation, or possible long-term storage. In my impatience to wait until our proper honeymoon, I utilized the oral entrance and discovered that the "seal" was easily opened, prior to the activity, with my thumb and forefinger. I would assume that this "seal" is by design, to determine if the doll has been used, should it require replacement or something along those lines. I have yet to test the other entrances, as I am waiting until our proper honeymoon to seal the deal.

Having tested the oral entrance, I noticed that the lip color rub-off was also likely intentional as a form of tamper indicator, as it had easily faded in the areas of the most contact with my "testing implements". She's no less beautiful, but despite a thorough antibacterial cleaning, the fading of her lip color gives off a drunken one-night-stand vibe. To me, this detail only means that I'll be sure to add some method of lip coloring to my shopping list for her. During said testing, I discovered that the neck articulation is pretty good. I'm not sure if it's intentionally loose or if it's just my doll, but I found it to be useful for guiding her head, with my hand. It has a bit of a crunchy sound, during manipulation, but I believe this might be due to multiple fine points of articulation, rather than a simple joint. If you've ever used one of those heavy-duty, metal, tube-like microphones (think something along the lines of the register PA in a fast food restaurant), then you might recognize the sound in describing. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if something like that is used in the framework. Her head doesn't flop around, but this tiny bit of looseness is a little problematic when attempting some poses, due to the weight of her head. This isn't a major concern for myself, though, as I don't intend to photograph her seriously/extensively and plan on storing her in the sleeper bunk, for a sleeping/"sleeping" companion.

Part Two

After having posed her a few times, I've discovered that my doll's hip and knee joints, while stiff, are perhaps a tiny bit more loose than I would prefer, yet they are fairly solid and should hold up well. If posing in an upright/standing position, it would appear that it it's best to lock the hips and knees into a fully extended position and then adjusting them, once standing, to ensure that the weight doesn't force the joints/limbs into an undesired or problematic position. (Again, I'm new to full-size dolls, so this may already be common knowledge.)

We've managed to celebrate our honeymoon after a pizza and movie night. While it wasn't the most romantic, it certainly transported me back to the awkwardness of losing my virginity, as I had an "interesting" time fumbling with lubricants and condoms. Female condoms aren't readily available where I am, so I had to make due with regular ones and after having read about issues with KDs internal TPE plugs, I was hesitant to use lube. After a tricky bit of experimentation with a dildo, I managed to find a sufficient amount of lube that was easy to clean out, while also not posing a risk to the internals nor breaking the condom on the dildo, before consummating our honeymoon. (She's tight and due to the nature of TPE, rather grippy.) I apologized to her, beforehand, and she seemed to reluctantly agree that it was necessary. However, I did my best to make it up to her and we both had a wonderful time.

It would seem that the vaginal entrance wasn't "sealed" like I had suspected, but rather that it was the nature of the fresh TPE sticking to itself, as parting her thighs seemed to open things easily enough. I suspect that the oral entrance was similar... As for the fading lip color, I tried for about 20 minutes, to clear the remnants with rubbing alcohol, only to discover that the lip color is a very thin layer of latex-like paint, which would crumble a little, into tiny rolls. It was a right bugger to remove. When I switched to using baby oil, I noticed a HUGE difference in cleaning it off. (Again, newbie here.)

Since then, I've purchased a new outfit for her and have given her some freckles with an eyeliner pencil. Going back to the toes, because of their floppiness, they are one helluva tricky thing to dress for socks/hosiery. What worked for me was rolling the socks as much as possible and stretching them almost 1.5 times as wide/long as the size of the span of her toes, and reaching inside the sock, to ensure that her toes remained extended, while securing the first half of her foot. Be forewarned, what normally would take oneself a few moments to accomplish, take a few minutes, per foot. That said, I was pleased with her new outfit.

For the record, I purchased my doll on March 4, 2021. I had also purchased the short brown wig and green eyes, which were shipped in a separate box, but together, with the same tracking information of the doll, herself.

The green eyes are perfect (to me), although, the wig, along with the included blonde one, are a little cheap. I'm not terribly familiar with wigs and whether or not this is normal, but hairs pull out of them relatively easily, so it's recommended to use proper combing techniques (start at the ends, securing them with your other hand, and combing, before proceeding upward, toward the root). All said, I ordered it out of convenience and it does look really nice. I would have preferred to have the option for red hair (I'm nuts for gingers), but the brown wig is a good approximation for a darker red hair, in the right lighting.

If anyone has any questions or comments, feel free to respond!

NOTE: I'm still a new member, so I am unable to post pictures, at the moment. I will update this post, with pictures, when the restriction lifts.
Proud newbie owner of my Kimber Doll, Heather Jade!
viewtopic.php?f=489&t=139797

SharkLasers
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: She's Here...!!!

Post by SharkLasers »

Pictures Post! (1/2)
Attachments
Close-up of standing feet (now standard).
Close-up of standing feet (now standard).
0316211036.jpg (4.21 MiB) Viewed 1982 times
Body removed from sleeve.
Body removed from sleeve.
0316211031.jpg (3.89 MiB) Viewed 1982 times
Detail of my doll's lip color transfer from head to the face shield.
Detail of my doll's lip color transfer from head to the face shield.
0316211028.jpg (3.97 MiB) Viewed 1982 times
Head and side view of plastic face shield.
Head and side view of plastic face shield.
0316211027a.jpg (3.88 MiB) Viewed 1982 times
Unwrapped head and plastic molded face shield.
Unwrapped head and plastic molded face shield.
0316211027.jpg (3.77 MiB) Viewed 1982 times
Seriously, at this point, wash your hands!  Close-up of baby wipe used to clean up my hands.  Dirt/dust from cardboard box.
Seriously, at this point, wash your hands! Close-up of baby wipe used to clean up my hands. Dirt/dust from cardboard box.
0316211026.jpg (3.55 MiB) Viewed 1982 times
Close-up of unwrapped head, in protective sleeve.
Close-up of unwrapped head, in protective sleeve.
0316211024.jpg (3.62 MiB) Viewed 1982 times
Close-up of body in sleeve and wrapped head.
Close-up of body in sleeve and wrapped head.
0316211022.jpg (3.84 MiB) Viewed 1982 times
Comfy blanket opened, revealing doll in protective body sleeve.
Comfy blanket opened, revealing doll in protective body sleeve.
0316211017.jpg (2.22 MiB) Viewed 1982 times
Air blister packaging removed (head is placed at her knees) and included accessories laid out. (Greeting/care letter, lingerie, blonde wig, and accessories kit [warmer rod, comb, linen gloves, irrigator])
Air blister packaging removed (head is placed at her knees) and included accessories laid out. (Greeting/care letter, lingerie, blonde wig, and accessories kit [warmer rod, comb, linen gloves, irrigator])
0316211016a.jpg (1.9 MiB) Viewed 1982 times
Box flaps opened. (Breasts visible on the right.)
Box flaps opened. (Breasts visible on the right.)
0316211013a.jpg (3.76 MiB) Viewed 1982 times
Kimber Doll unopened box/packaging
Kimber Doll unopened box/packaging
0316211008.jpg (5.15 MiB) Viewed 1982 times

SharkLasers
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by SharkLasers »

Pictures Post (2/2)
Attachments
Meet Heather Jade!  :D
Meet Heather Jade! :D
0318211910.jpg (4.19 MiB) Viewed 1974 times
After a new outfit and a few days on the truck, Heather is fitting right in!
After a new outfit and a few days on the truck, Heather is fitting right in!
0318211909.jpg (3.91 MiB) Viewed 1974 times
A gentle clip and filing fixes the nail tag issues right up!
A gentle clip and filing fixes the nail tag issues right up!
0317211957a.jpg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 1974 times
You might get tags on some of the finger/toenails.
You might get tags on some of the finger/toenails.
0317211954.jpg (1.34 MiB) Viewed 1974 times
Blonde wig to short brown wig and blue eyes to green eyes (both purchased as additional items through KimberDoll).  Meet Heather Jade! :D
Blonde wig to short brown wig and blue eyes to green eyes (both purchased as additional items through KimberDoll). Meet Heather Jade! :D
0316211116.jpg (2.26 MiB) Viewed 1974 times
Close-up of removed eyes, in preparation for swapping them.
Close-up of removed eyes, in preparation for swapping them.
0316211110.jpg (4.5 MiB) Viewed 1974 times
Close-up of hands.
Close-up of hands.
0316211107.jpg (4.49 MiB) Viewed 1974 times
Shot of Kimber, wearing her included wig and lingerie.
Shot of Kimber, wearing her included wig and lingerie.
0316211106.jpg (2.47 MiB) Viewed 1974 times
Close-up of lip color transfer and TPE "teeth". (Mistakenly believed to be "sealed shut".)
Close-up of lip color transfer and TPE "teeth". (Mistakenly believed to be "sealed shut".)
0316211049a.jpg (5.3 MiB) Viewed 1974 times
Vaginal detail. (Mistakenly believed to be "sealed".  You can barely make out the glitter in this shot.)
Vaginal detail. (Mistakenly believed to be "sealed". You can barely make out the glitter in this shot.)
0316211049.jpg (4.58 MiB) Viewed 1974 times

Sum_guy

Post by Sum_guy »

Congrats on the Kimber Doll, Heather looks great. My Kimber also had the lip color come off on the plastic face shield. Eventually you'll have to redo her makeup when you clean or oil her face and then you can just use regular lip stick. Oh and the "sealed" holes are normal. They store the dolls in a warehouse and the doll's holes aren't powdered so her vaginal walls kind of stick together when her legs are closed for a LONG time (same with the oral cavity).

Studio
Asst. Manager - TDF
Asst. Manager - TDF

Post by Studio »

Congratulations, she is beautiful, have fun.

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

Great Read, this story has the makings of some kind of Movie or Book Novel, never mind Smokey and the Bandit, this movie could be called Smokey and the Kimber Doll, anyway do keep us informed of your adventures as you travel the Country with your Sexy new companion.

SharkLasers
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by SharkLasers »

Sum_guy wrote:Eventually you'll have to redo her makeup when you clean or oil her face and then you can just use regular lip stick.
Yeah, after a frustrating amount of time of cleaning with rubbing alcohol, I found (and remembered reading) that baby oil worked wonders! Her pictures were taken with either factory makeup or after I had cleaned her off. I've got some pink, "natural"-looking lipstick, by I'm hoping will look good on her. While she can obviously "clean up" and look fancy (like in the pics after I changed out her wig/eyes), her inherent "personality" seems to say that she's a girly tom-boy, of sorts (very feminine, but kinda sporty?), so I'm hoping that the pink lipstick works for her. (Cosmetics can be EXPENSIVE, even when buying the cheap stuff! 8O ) I'm hoping that some baby powder will help make her skin look a little less tanned (I like goth and ginger pale skin), and that the extra eyebrow pencil I purchased will help make her freckles pop a little more. Either way, she's gorgeous, to me, and I'm admittedly developing a little more than a crush on my new snuggle companion. :whistle: Would you happen to have any suggestions for her "teeth"? I know there are some sites, where one can buy something to "re-paint" TPE teeth, but they just look like white grease pencils. Can you confirm? Have you found something that works for you, or do you leave them "nude"?

Sum_guy wrote:Oh and the "sealed" holes are normal. They store the dolls in a warehouse and the doll's holes aren't powdered so her vaginal walls kind of stick together when her legs are closed for a LONG time (same with the oral cavity).
That's kind of what I suspected, during/after our honeymoon. Humorously enough, it reminded me of the few times, in high school, when I had the honor of being a young woman's first partner. It was a bit awkward, at first, but eventually we both had a memorable night.

Studio wrote:Congratulations, she is beautiful, have fun.
Thank you so much! We're both happy to have found each other.

(Tangent: Isn't it strange how inanimate objects can seem to develop their own identity? I mean, a good artist can "feel" a sculpture calling to them from a block of granite/marble/clay... It's certainly a neat experience to witness my doll developing her own personality and style.)

While I intentionally bought her as a sexual partner, I'm finding that she makes an incredible cuddle buddy and movie watching companion. Between that and my wallet screaming at me for all of the cosmetics and clothing I want to buy and dress her in, I'm having much more fun with her than I bargained for! :D

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

I literally use lipstick to bring back faded TPE doll lips, apply it to my pinky finger before applying to my Doll's lips to have better control, let it dry on the dolls lips for a day or so, or it might smear. If you can find white lipstick you can do the same for the teath.

SharkLasers
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by SharkLasers »

Dollfriend wrote:Great Read, this story has the makings of some kind of Movie or Book Novel, never mind Smokey and the Bandit, this movie could be called Smokey and the Kimber Doll, anyway do keep us informed of your adventures as you travel the Country with your Sexy new companion.
Thanks! I'm no author, but I can be pretty darned chatty, as you may have guessed from my lengthy post. Seeing as how I've no real interest in writing a novel and that my life on the road is fairly lackluster, I'm afraid that the story may have to be left to someone else. Rest assured, however, that when we get rolling (I'm having issues with my DOT physical), I plan on letting her ride shotgun and seeing the world. :D I kind of like the idea of a photo journal, though, so there may be more pictures yet to come of our journeys together.

SharkLasers
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by SharkLasers »

Dollfriend wrote:If you can find white lipstick you can do the same for the teath.
Thanks for the tip! I know that I can get my hands on some white lipstick, so I'll be sure to pick some up! :thumbs_up:

Tighes
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Tighes »

Welcome to you and your new girl.
Really good detailed review you’ve posted. Thanks for that!! There are so many new KimberDoll owners coming aboard now and this is a great thread to read if anyone is considering buying a KimberDoll.

I hope she brings you lots of enjoyment...in and out of the truck!!!

Cheers
Tighes

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

YAY, another victim!!! :multi: Ah, I mean happy doll owner! :haha4:

SharkLasers
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by SharkLasers »

Tighes1 wrote:Welcome to you and your new girl.
Really good detailed review you’ve posted. Thanks for that!! There are so many new KimberDoll owners coming aboard now and this is a great thread to read if anyone is considering buying a KimberDoll.

I hope she brings you lots of enjoyment...in and out of the truck!!!

Cheers
Tighes
Thank you for your welcome and kind words! I figured that there may be others, like myself, who are apprehensive about purchasing a doll, or have a bunch of specific questions about what to expect. What initially started out as a simple unboxing became a detailed report about my experience/inspection. :? Hopefully this helps dispel any fears and answer any questions that others may have, based on my very limited experience with dolls. I've had to leave her for a week, after a few days of getting to know her (home time, due to a clerical error with one of my certifications), but I should be returning to my truck within a couple of days and hope to reunite my newfound sweetie! She's already a good friend and maybe more! :oops: I'll be sure to tell her that you said hi, when I see her again. :D

Mr Franz wrote:YAY, another victim!!! :multi: Ah, I mean happy doll owner! :haha4:
Ha ha! :lol: Yeah, if the expense, lack of real estate, or opinions of my RL S/O weren't valid concerns, I could definitely see myself building a small harem/family in no time! :haha4:

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower »

Welcome to the club! I had fun reading through your unboxing day adventure: brought me back to my own unboxing day and honeymoon night almost two years ago...except I didn't have to do it all in the confines off a truck. I don't envy you that, in fact I don't envy you driving a truck period: I dabbled in that line of work a few years ago, and it definitely wasn't for me.

Your girlfriend deserves commendation too. If she supports what you're doing, even while suffering with medical issues, she's definitely a keeper.

If you don't like the wigs your doll came with, there are lots of retailers of better quality wigs for a reasonable price. I've gotten a lot of my girl's wigs from wigsbuy.com, but there are many other good dealers as well. And off course, I'm sure you're aware of eBay as a good source for clothing, both new and used. I think I spent as much money on vintage clothing as I did on my doll herself the year I bought her, and she still hasn't worn all of it...and I still feel the urge to buy more!

pokitom

Post by pokitom »

pretty amazing, congrats. very happy to see her

INFORMATIONS