www.wmdolls.com

More RealDolls with "birth defect" for sale -SOLD

Reference of items that TDF members sold in the past.

Moderators: mi6c, Kite

Thomas
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

More RealDolls with "birth defect" for sale -SOLD

Post by Thomas »

Both already sold!

It looks like we have another body with some minor "birth defects". It's a body 9 with a tanned skin. She had a little thin spot at one of her breasts where the soft breast gel touched the mold. Joey came in and fixed that today. However Debra had decided to repour that body anyway. So on Monday I will take pictures and post her here in the for sale section. I don't know exactly how much the discount will be but I suppose it's somewhere between $500 and $1000. Face and all other options can still be chosen. And of course there is no long wait too!

Further we have another body 7 also with tanned skin. She has a more serious "birth defect". During the pour her left foot came loose from the mold and was severely dislocated. Above the ankle the PVC is touching the skin and the footplate is touching the upper side of the foot. Usually we would strip the silicone and reuse the skeleton. But I want at least see if someone is interested. If you are really skilled you might be able to cover the worst spots. Another option would be to "amputate" the leg right below the knee and attach a prosthesis. Or just put her into knee high boots. And of course the face and all the other options still can be chosen too.
The discount on this one will definitely be serious and adequate to the defect. This might be a real deal. Please contact us for details.

Both already sold!

Dollinlove
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Dollinlove »

Drink too much around molds at christmas ? :lol:

Thomas
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Thomas »

No. :roll:
But the process is quiet tricky as it is now. Changes in weather (temperature, humidity pressure) affect the curing process and to a certain degree also the softness of the silicone. It seems the silicone starts curing from the mold surface (due to higher humidity there). Sometimes, after the silicone started curing, the silicone separates from the mold surface and causes those unwanted skin marks (we call that lepracy 8) ). Or the silicone finds its way into the PVC tubes after the skin is already partially cured and causes such sink holes like on that body 1 knee.
Silicone is heavy and the buoyancy forces of the foam parts should not be underestimated. So sometimes, if the guys handle the mold a little too rough, parts of the skeleton can break loose from their holding pins and cause dislocations of the skeleton. So we have quiet some bodies that do not come out of the mold as we wish. Sometimes it's easy to fix. But sometimes the body isn't perfect enough to be shipped to a customer who paid a little fortune. So many not so perfect dolls end up as showroom dolls or, if they have problems that are too severe to be fixed, we strip the silicone to reuse the skeleton.

However we decided to offer some of those second choice dolls here, so people with a tighter budget get a chance to own a new doll at a used price, even if it isn't absolutely perfect.
But who is perfect anyway? :? :roll:

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Thomas,

Its great that you're taken this initiative. It can be used by people who always wanted RD but lack the money for it.
It should be perfect if one who buys such DIY RD (a better name I can't find) could buy e.g. for one time a bigger repair kit for doing a small recast on her to correct such sink hole by partly body recast, that should cure it perfectly I think.
I'am also glad that I succeed up till now in keeping TDF online so that it can be used for this things. To be honest keeping it online this days is often difficult, cause I've not got a manual from Ish, and thus lack perhaps a lot tools that are around on the system. Its bit like flying a plane with the half of all the available instruments... 8O
(I feel still sad about ish but one can't reverse things).

Mytime & Helen
One dream, one mission...

Fargo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Fargo »

Hello Thomas.

I´m beginning to like this idea, and maybe could give you guys some more business that way, and there would be more proud RD owners out there, even if those dolls have one or two minor defects.

If I had that much money for a RD right now, I wouldn´t care buying one with a small defect, besides, one couldn´t complain since the price is reduced quite noticeably :)

I´m sure that there wouldn´t be a problem if this goes on, as long as it´s fair for everybody :wink: ...

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Fargo,

Think about it, this idea is great!
E.g. that B7, if there's a good discount on it, and I think it will, then one who is a bit a craftman and wants a Realdoll for a little money can recast that foot!
Then he has new instead of the used doll he should have else.

Mytime & Helen

Perry
Ex-Member

Post by Perry »

Thomas,

I think this is an EXCELLENT idea and I'm glad that Abyss is doing it. So many other companies sell "Factory Seconds", "Blems", or "Refurbs".

This is an excellent opportunity for folks who are willing to put up with blemishes in order to get a better deal and/or no waiting.

Kudos to all of you for doing this and I hope you guys continue to offer blemished dolls at a discount. Bravo!

Poet
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Poet »

I second everyone's thots here. It's a good thinkg to have these opportunities for a Realdoll. And mytime, I appreciate everything U R doing to keep the forum running. This place is so important to the doll world, for all of us, I say thanks & to the others as well that R working on this. I know it is not easy, but hopefully, easier with time.... :D Poet
<div><strong>I'll have to make my own Uschi Doll</strong></div><br />

buschtall
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by buschtall »

I like this idea as well. Now if only the other high end doll companys would catch on to this idea.

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

Yes, I think that there's a market for dolls that aren't 101% perfect. People buy used dolls because they can safe a little money, so why not buy a doll with a little blemish ? She's cheaper, wait is much shorter, and if the blemish is like with the B7 ( found a buyer within days ), you won't even notice if dolly is supposed to mostly stay in bed. And Abyss doesn't lose $500 to $1000 silicone, so it's a good deal for both sides. How much is the silicone for a doll, by the way ?

The only problem that I personally see is that you shouldn't show the RD number here. Normally I love RD numbers, but not here, like with the B7 where you could see the number. This is because the owner will know his girl had a little accident. Mostly I have bad luck, so I was sure that dolly would be delivered upside down for me. That didn't happen. But if I knew that my dolly had a "birth defect", I guess that would have made me mad...

Crazyjose
Former Member

Post by Crazyjose »

Thanks Thomas for giving TDF first chance on the dolls. Glad to have a forum member working at Abyss. :D

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Yes VanessaRDOL,

This is a good idea of the company!

& Poet, thank U 4 the compliments 8)

Mytime & Helen

Thomas
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Thomas »

Vanessa wrote:The only problem that I personally see is that you shouldn't show the RD number here. Normally I love RD numbers, but not here, like with the B7 where you could see the number. This is because the owner will know his girl had a little accident. Mostly I have bad luck, so I was sure that dolly would be delivered upside down for me. That didn't happen. But if I knew that my dolly had a "birth defect", I guess that would have made me mad...

OK next time I'll remove the number.

Well, both of these "imperfect" body 7s where for the same doll. We had that already a few times that we needed 3 trials for the same doll to finally get a good one. :(
It's like some dolls are jinxed. :roll:

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

I know what you mean Thomas, I work at a computerstore, and we get those kind of jinxes too, some people are just destined to get a bad computer, everything breaks down or crashes... and we end up replacing practicly everything...

While the computers are completely identical in components, some of our customers come back every month, and others you never hear from again, till after 3-5 years, because they want to buy a new one... (but the old one is still working without trouble).

To make a long story short, as long as the problems are being solved and not ignored, there's nothing wrong.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Certainly gives people with a tighter budget a better chance to own one.

INFORMATIONS