Starpery.com

Need serious painting help on Chihiro

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Tiriaq
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Need serious painting help on Chihiro

Post by Tiriaq »

I've finally decided to redo the eyebrows and hopefully some things more like elbows, breasts and maybe glue on some nails
She's in a horrible state because of wear but also because she was a faulty test model with lots of problems.

I tried mixing odorless white spirit / terpentine with several things. This try is with normal paint RAL 9005 black, I'm going to do one more test with some form of makeup powder. Need to find the right stuff in the shops quickly half an hour stores close ffs, bbl

Tried this so far, it sucks and I'm so disappointed :\ and down. I need fix those stupid eyebrows with thin-consistent-lines-that are not too thick above the surface
Has anyone got a really good solution??

Depressed Tiriaq
20160130_160755.jpg
20160130_161404.jpg

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Need serious painting help on Chihiro

Post by samara78 »

Use cosmetic powder, only. Mix well and allow to thicken til happy you must clean the applicaror/needle or toothpick after ever stroke. It will keep a clean line this way, good luck.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Tiriaq
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tiriaq »

samara78 wrote:Use cosmetic powder, only. Mix well and allow to thicken til happy you must clean the applicaror/needle or toothpick after ever stroke. It will keep a clean line this way, good luck.
I'm not sure yet, I'll try to use those very thin needles but it might take me 20 minutes to even complete one hair to get something on there that is small enough but yet visible. I will use dark brown also now. Black may be too much when it is thicker.

As above the stripes I made, I need to divide the thickness of that by 10 or something. Finally I had the strength to start after such a long time and I just don't have the method yet. The Silpoxy I have is not much.

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

If you want your doll to be permanently painted/tattooed, look for tattooed_dolls to be opening for business sometime around mid-year. Of course if your doll is starting to reach the end of her lifespan, I'm not sure if it will be worth the expense; however, it is something to keep in mind for a next doll.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

Tiriaq
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tiriaq »

DollAfficionado wrote:If you want your doll to be permanently painted/tattooed, look for tattooed_dolls to be opening for business sometime around mid-year. Of course if your doll is starting to reach the end of her lifespan, I'm not sure if it will be worth the expense; however, it is something to keep in mind for a next doll.
I've done the impossible to get Chihiro and it will be only in a few years constantly saving to get another. It's only because I never travel, go out, eat out or have GF that I can do these things. I had to borrow money from a friend to pay for her because Paypal doesn't take your bank account into the negative. With the assholes making the euro almost less than a USD it isn't any easier. I'm getting like 900 USD a month to pay everything.
Her body is maybe 1.5 years old, I should have gotten a brand new body but instead I got a beat up model. A few days ago I took out a broken tiewrap... can you imagine, her elbow was being held together by a tiewrap...

Tiriaq
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tiriaq »

I will try as instructed from my mail by a member, unless someone has a really good experience also with this.

mi6c
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by mi6c »

Afaik, Samara put a heap of effort and a lot of time into testing out what works in terms of surface modelling and painting silicone and is also a very nice and helpful person - so I'd say kinda ask, try to understand and then try for yourself and see if you get the results you want - I will *cross fingers* for you and Chihiro!
優月( Yuzuki) - Orient Industry Koyuki head / Silicone Art Super Styling(SS) body
艶( Tsuya) - Orient Industry Izumi head on Jewel Real Taste 146(L) body
Tinúviel - EXDOLL Samantha head on Orient Industry Jewel Candy Girl( Jewel 2) body
Yuzuki, Tsuya & friends

Patricia
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: Looking for a better and smarter place than present. And i may have found it!

Post by Patricia »

I it was realfriend that did what you are thinking of he would fix eyebrows that looks real.
There are in fact fake eyebrows that looks real as it exist people without eyebrows and some of them want to have it for some reasons!
It kind of works like wigs you glue on!

And logic says it's easier to use them instead of trying to paint eyebrows. :roll:

:Fade-color :rainbow1: :rainbowafro:
Do to other what you want them to do to you. XD

Kiter

Post by Kiter »

Tiriaq
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tiriaq »

mi6c wrote:Afaik, Samara put a heap of effort and a lot of time into testing out what works in terms of surface modelling and painting silicone and is also a very nice and helpful person - so I'd say kinda ask, try to understand and then try for yourself and see if you get the results you want - I will *cross fingers* for you and Chihiro!
Good thinking buddy. But Samara picked me up a few months ago already, so we're mailing on a regular basis :) Thnx!

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Thanks for the plug guys been painting silicone for a time to find what works best. If you paint on eyebrows and make an oopsie, you can take a cotton swab dipped in acetone and lightly wipe it off rotating the swab in your fingers as you go along.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Patricia
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: Looking for a better and smarter place than present. And i may have found it!

Post by Patricia »

:wink: :wink:

Exactly!! :wink:

:Fade-color :rainbow1: :rainbowafro:
Do to other what you want them to do to you. XD

Tiriaq
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tiriaq »

Hey thanks... I will take a look. I'm just afraid how I could keep them clean because they will run dusty and stuff

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hey Tiriaq,

I don't mean to confuse your issues with more ideas, but here is something I tried a while back that didn't look too bad...

Instead of trying to draw each hair with the toothpick, I used the toothpick to scratch into some silicone caulk to create in essence a sculpted eyebrow. I painted it skin color, then went over that with some eye makeup to highlight the texture.
I used some paintable silicone caulk for this technique which would be available at just about any hardware store.
I'm not sure if the paintable caulk would adhere to the platinum silicone, but it might be an interesting experiment.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

That look awesome manniquin fan. Might be what he needs, if he measured her eyes across he could paint these on to a pain of glass than lift them off and apply them to her brow. It may work. I did that with my 110 dolls nipple mod.

INFORMATIONS