www.wmdolls.com

Dremel recomendations?

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.
msdoll
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Dremel recomendations?

Post by msdoll »

Dremel is new to me. Although i have a lot of experience with power tools, I have zero with a Dremel.

I am about to buy one today, and I am wondering, are there any other specific bits I should also purchase?
I am hoping to install a Fleshlight sleeve.

Are there any other tips that I should know?

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Dremel recomendations?

Post by DarkOne »

Buy a set of diamond coated bits for working on hard plastics, they don't grab and yank the tool around like burrs, and when the plastic melts, the diamond bits don't clog up. you can get a set of like 10 bits for $10 at most discount tool stores.
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hi Msdoll,

Here I show the method I've been using that has been working quite well for me...
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 67#p664467

I've found that the Dremel multi purpose cutting bit actually works better in my variable speed drill than with the Dremel.
You need a lower speed for cutting plastic without melting, and the Dremel doesn't have enough power at low speed.
You can buy the multi purpose cutting bit separately at Lowes or Home Depot and use it in your drill just like any other drill bit.

msdoll
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by msdoll »

MannequinFan wrote:Hi Msdoll,

Here I show the method I've been using that has been working quite well for me...
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 67#p664467

I've found that the Dremel multi purpose cutting bit actually works better in my variable speed drill than with the Dremel.
You need a lower speed for cutting plastic without melting, and the Dremel doesn't have enough power at low speed.
You can buy the multi purpose cutting bit separately at Lowes or Home Depot and use it in your drill just like any other drill bit.
I like the idea of the making the sleeve flush like you have. Have you ever thought about creating an adapter that holds both a vaginal and anal sleeve?

I'm not sure what clearance room I will have left once I insert a sleeve yet. I'm not sure what other obstacles I am going to find once i make the cut.

Thank you so much for the information on the tools you used. I am completely new to this and your knowledge is greatly appreciated. :thumbs_up:

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

msdoll wrote:I like the idea of the making the sleeve flush like you have. Have you ever thought about creating an adapter that holds both a vaginal and anal sleeve?
Personally I've never really understood the need for an anal entry with dolls.
I understand the need with RGs, but dolls don't have periods or get pregnant. Franky I think it just complicates things unnecessarily.
On my Eva mod, I do a little anal sculpt so that it appears that she has an anus for realism.
I've thought about using one of those dual entry sleeves like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Penthouse-Collect ... B009QBH6GA
But it's going to get more complicated to install and hold in place, and you only have one choice of insert style where with the Fleshlight you have many to choose from.
msdoll wrote:I'm not sure what clearance room I will have left once I insert a sleeve yet. I'm not sure what other obstacles I am going to find once i make the cut.
Did you take a look at Dirtywretch's pics? I think he had the same MQ you have.
The metal rods of the legs appear to extend all the way into the pelvic area. You may need to find a way to shorten them so they don't protrude so far into the area where you want your sleeve to be.

msdoll
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by msdoll »

Did you take a look at Dirtywretch's pics? I think he had the same MQ you have.
The metal rods of the legs appear to extend all the way into the pelvic area. You may need to find a way to shorten them so they don't protrude so far into the area where you want your sleeve to be.
Yes, I did... I think his and mine are slightly different though. I didn't notice a metal bar when I put her together, but it makes sense that there should be one there, which worries me. I don't really see the need to over tighten the legs, so I might be able to get away with cutting the bar and hopefully having enough room to play without getting injured. 8O

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

What looks like a bar here is actually the 2 metal leg pins that come together inside...

msdoll
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by msdoll »

MannequinFan wrote:What looks like a bar here is actually the 2 metal leg pins that come together inside...

Oh I definitely understand what your talking about, and I am guessing that is exactly my situation. I think I can get away with cutting them down, and possibly relocating the lock bolts to come down from the top of the bottom torso. Crossing fingers ;)

INFORMATIONS