Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Wigs

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Vegetta
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Wigs

Post by Vegetta »

I know absolutely nothing about wigs. I will be doing some research but I was wondering; I have a Realdoll2, are the wigs they come with unique and only applicable to them? I haven't removed my doll's head/face/wig (I am very hesitant to take her apart in any way so as to extend her quality/life). If I purchase a wig locally will it be compatible with my doll or do I need to order a special type (are there types)?
Is there anything I need to modify to on a wig to be able to apply it to my doll?
I was looking on the Abyss website, I have seen their options for additional wigs but I was wondering what other owners' experiences have been purchasing from different sources.

Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.

Sir Real

Re: Wigs

Post by Sir Real »

This is a very good question, I'd like to get those answers as well.

Also lets say I can't find the style I want? Has anyone cut wigs to a certain style?

Sir Agot Dahl

Post by Sir Agot Dahl »

I Was advised by Debra to buy wigs from outside vendors as they are cheaper..... The Wigs Abyss sells us are fitted tight so they hold on better.....

The more I look into Wigs I noticed a couple things

More exspensive Wigs have Head sizes to fit, and cheaper wigs seem to have a one size fits most philosophy.

For the most realistic look Real hair wigs seem to be the way to go.... But they have Half and Full Lace options.

Half Lace are cheaper because less hair is knotted into the wig. And it is less versitile.
Full Lace can be parted any way you like, and can even have a pony Tail without looking really bad.

So I guess the short answer......
Abyss Wigs are special because they get sized tight.
Long Answer....
Do your home work and ask questions from the seller to achieve the best possible fit and options for your Doll and your needs.

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

Don't fear all wigs intended for the human race will work just fine. :D I have about 15 in total for the Girls some are better than others name brands such as JANET and Estadaca work well. :D

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Use a tape measure and wrap it around her head from mid forehead, just over the ears and to the back just above the neck. Use this measurement as the largest size; wigs have an elastic strap giving them a range of fits, you can use this elastic to snug the wig even further.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

Vegetta
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Vegetta »

Thank you for the replies. I'll be sure to purchase a tape measurer and then do some local browsing. I'll see if I can get some Real hair wigs that are full lace. I know girls who love to just mess around with styling hair, I'm sure they'll enjoy doing the doing the hair for me so long as I provide them with the right wig. (They know nothing about wigs either).

Hopefully I'll have some pics up for you all within a week.

Naughtius Maximus
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Naughtius Maximus »

I have one wig from Abyss and one with longer blonde hair I bought from a resale shop near where I live and as long as they have the mannequin straps I think they should fit fine, that's not much to go off of since I only own two but if this is still a relevant thread in a bout a half a month (or less) I've got a 3rd on the way from amazon (and I'm not certain if it has the straps). Either way you'll get a more definitive answer from me in the future.

Mine is the RD2 as well and the way I attach my wig the the doll is to remove the face and connect the straps under the jaw, then the straps can go on the sides of the plastic on the head and the face covers up any sign of it. If I want it tighter I simply slide them up or back down to loosen. Mostly though I just strap the ends together and it fits snug and doesn't move one bit and does no harm to the doll whatsoever.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Goldfinger

Post by Goldfinger »

If you have a Face J or Face L on your B2 body doll then you have the full head version meaning the silicon wraps past the forehead to the back of the skull (the head on other faces will have a raised styrofoam to line up with the slilicon rubber at the forehead). The folks at Abyss say that the full head is better for wigs since it wraps around the skull and there's a better fit. I have the older head with Face G + D and find that it's not much of a problem to keep wigs staying on but I guess the full head is better for shorter hair and the ears don't stick out.

As for wigs, I find that the Abyss wigs are higher quality and you pay for what you get but there are good deals on Amazon/eBay. If you are buying from Amazon, look at the customer reviews on what they say about fit, how often hairs fall out, thickness, and how the shades of color appear (mostly female comments so you can trust their opinions). There's a few options such as synthetic, blend, and real hair with real hair being the most expensive ($100+) since it's the real thing. Blends (mixture or real hair & synthetic about $60-$100+) give you a slightly better look over synthetic and they usually can style and apply heat to curl/dry (same as real hair). There's a wide range for synthetics which are the cheapest ($15-$60) and some have new nylon that can take heat. This generally means there better quality and they don't fall apart every time you use a brush/comb.

Other option is to visit some adult stores and they will probably have synthetic wigs that you can ask to inspect or fit on a display head. Some better wigs have adjustable straps and you can take measurements...worse case it's easily returnable if the tags have not been removed. I found my favorite blonde wig for my B2 doll by checking a store and it was 40% off ($35) since most places are trying to compete with online purchasing.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

If you find a name brand wig you like online, maybe find a local shop that at least carries that brand so you can go have a hands on look at the quality.
I bought a quality synthetic wig for my homemade doll. The party shop $20.00 costume wigs are junk. Save your $ for a good wig.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

INFORMATIONS