Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Where to get tin cure silicone for repairs?

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to RealDoll, including RealDoll2, Wicked RealDoll and BoyToy

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

wildsnuffle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Where to get tin cure silicone for repairs?

Post by wildsnuffle »

I have a 2001 era Real Doll, and apparently Real Doll no longer has any compatible repair kits for this doll. She is in pretty bad shape, but I'd like to try to repair her. I'll probably need both just a generic adhesive, but also something I can color as the same skin color. There are tears in just about every bendable joint area, or any areas with creases. Way back in the day, there were a few people using Cineskin, but I have no idea if their formulation will work now or not, or even if it's really a product I can use. I'm also not sure about the hard/softness that I need to be as close to the original as possible. Any help would be really appreciated!

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Where to get tin cure silicone for repairs?

Post by Dollarhyde »

Hello wildsnuffle and welcome to the forum... :D

That's going to be a tough one... but the one adhesive that will work to fix the tears is going to be Sil-Poxy as far as the color match you might end up by using an airbrush to color in those areas which are covered by visible glue lines however, if you take your time and use the Sil-Poxy sparingly you can make the difference between a good repair and a bad repair.

Good luck... :glou:
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

oneatatime
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by oneatatime »

Check smooth on and search this forum for repairs. It may be burried in here. Post some pictures you might get more help

wildsnuffle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by wildsnuffle »

Anyone using Cineskin still? I'll take a look at smooth-on. I have been searching the forum, but haven't had much luck finding a really good answer yet.

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

Hi Wildsnuffle
Welcome to the forum. I still have two tin based dolls. Katelyn(2003) and Eadie (2008). The current repair kit from abyss works just fine with
the tin based silicone for repairs. I just purchased a repair kit two months ago. I've just posted some pictures of Katelyn in the doll album.
She has been repaired with the lastest abyss repair kit and is tin based.
Mark and the Synthetiks
<em>I know the good artist</em>

wildsnuffle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by wildsnuffle »

Interesting, when talking with Abyss directly, I was told that it could be iffy using the platinum based silicone in the repair kit, with tin based dolls. These are fairly deep rips I'm trying to repair, basically go down to the "bone" on most. Rips in the crotch seam on both legs, rips behind both knees, underarms, and disconnected fingers, hand, and badly torn breasts at the bottom creases, in addition to being "deflated". So I need the repair material to be able to hold up to the breasts being augmented to bring them back into shape.

I'm curious what you did with the breast replacement you did with Katelyn?

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

The new Real Doll repair kits will work just fine! :D Erica is a 2008 tin cured doll and I use their products all the time.After market suppliers of silicone repair are now offering matte finish in sealer.Don't use a lot of silpoxy, and you can tint to match your skin color with makeup powder.

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

wildsnuffle wrote:Interesting, when talking with Abyss directly, I was told that it could be iffy using the platinum based silicone in the repair kit, with tin based dolls. These are fairly deep rips I'm trying to repair, basically go down to the "bone" on most. Rips in the crotch seam on both legs, rips behind both knees, underarms, and disconnected fingers, hand, and badly torn breasts at the bottom creases, in addition to being "deflated". So I need the repair material to be able to hold up to the breasts being augmented to bring them back into shape.

I'm curious what you did with the breast replacement you did with Katelyn?
The breast replacement for Katelyn was an entire recast of the old breasts. A hydrocal 30 cast was taken from the breasts several years ago.
I filled the cast with ecoflex 0010 but made a color matching error. The old breasts were removed and the new breasts glued in with adhesive.
The seams were patched with the color matched Abyss 2 part silicone. This was a difficult repair. Ruby 13 has a gel repair kit that may work
for filling the 'deflated' breasts.

Mark
<em>I know the good artist</em>

doppler

Post by doppler »

Here's is the repair compound came with my unison doll, which is tin-silicon as well. I'm not sure where you can get this.

And I'm not sure if you've seen this, but here's a video which may help you plan the repair job.

INFORMATIONS