SexDollAmerica.com

Adult Verification Screen

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Adult Verification Screen

Post by Ishtaria »

As you may know, the old form had an entry screen which required people to declare that they were 18 or older.

One problem is that the old screen (i.e., "index.html") competes with our new "index.php" file.

Another problem (with the old method) was that someone could easily link passed the age verification screen and directly into the forums or other content.

To address both of these problems I have implemented a new "adult check" which is cookie based. The cookie is set to expire after 30 days. So you'll see this screen and need to answer it once per month, so it is not intrusive to your visits.

The advantage to this is that anyone linking to content externally will still cause the adult check screen to come up before they can enter the web site.

Additionally, there is a disclaimer included on the adult check screen. That disclaimer is from another service that I have developed (which is where I have gotten the adult check system I've implemented). It is not my intention to create new rules here. I left the disclaimer in to that Bill could look at it and see if he wanted to keep it, change it, or remove it.

So at this time, don't get all in a tether because of the new disclaimer. Wait to get in a tether after it has been decided what to do with it. :lol:

Thanks,
Ish
[i]"Reality is a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs." ~Lily Tomlin[/i]

jackrabbit
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by jackrabbit »

Aw, shit. And here I was ready to go into a tether. I guess I'll have to find something else to go into a tether about. :D :D :D

Speaking of which, the security code field in the login is becoming quite an annoyance for me. It interferes with automatic password processing in mozilla. The changing code causes mozilla to not recognize the password entry, so it is treated as a new one, completely defeating the password manager.

Perhaps cookies could be used with this as well, so that regular visitors can bypass it and get a regular login without the security code. This is intended to defeat automated logins by a bot, is it not?
Jack Worthington Rabbit, Esq.

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

Hi JR,

Do you logout when you leave the forum? Or is your browser setup to kill cookies or something like that?

Basically, if you don't logout of the forum you should not need to log back in.

Regarding the security codes, that would be a modification to the PHP-Nuke core routines. I'm trying to stay from doing that because it makes upgrading a big pain (because I'd need to recreate all of the modes in an update).

I wrote the adult check system so that isn't an upgrade problem as it isn't part of the PHP-Nuke internals.

Anyway, you shouldn't need to log back in.

Ish

jackrabbit
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by jackrabbit »

Staying logged in all the time isn't a problem? I sometimes remain logged in all day, but usually not overnight. I guess I thought permanent logins would clutter things up, especially since we have the "users currently online" stuff now. Certainly permanent login would solve the security code issue.
Jack Worthington Rabbit, Esq.

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

Hi JR,

The only difference between being logged in and not logged in is the cookie instance in the browser. The session queue (the one that we can see in the displays) expires 30 minutes after the last interaction with the system.

Definitely, don't logout and it will solve the problem you are having (and without any overhead to the system).

For what it's worth, I hate the graphic security key stuff too. I once was able to simply click a link and be logged in as an admin in PHP-Nuke. Now I've got to enter all three fields. :roll:

Ish

INFORMATIONS