sanhuiofficial.com

Best Sanhui doll head? need help

Established since 2002, Sanhui Model Making Co.,Ltd has been endeavoring in the creation and the making of life-like female dolls in various sizes and materials. Our products range from anime models to life-sized and altered-proportion platinum silicone love dolls. The dolls are anatomically correct with fully functional orifices to the intimate touch and feel of a real lady with curvy figure from Yoga coaching.
ColdWaffles

Best Sanhui doll head? need help

Post by ColdWaffles »

Hey everyone, I just ordered a 145 sanhui doll recently but am wanting to change the head that I have chosen for her. I find it pretty hard getting a good visual on how each head looks without a video but youtube has shown some good results I think. I can't figure out which head this doll has though if anyone here knows : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkeAb2sL-YQ&t=2s

So what doll head do you guys think is the best for Sanhui's lineup?

Doll Master
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Best Sanhui doll head? need help

Post by Doll Master »

ColdWaffles wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:02 pm Hey everyone, I just ordered a 145 sanhui doll recently but am wanting to change the head that I have chosen for her. I find it pretty hard getting a good visual on how each head looks without a video but youtube has shown some good results I think. I can't figure out which head this doll has though if anyone here knows : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkeAb2sL-YQ&t=2s

The doll in the video is AIO 160 Marya (#8).
I pay attention to Sanhui doll. Always liked #16. You can ask for a special color option.
Below is pics from TDF with requested color code RGB 199, 147, 97 or HEX#C79361
Looks like they have even more faces I like now. Hmm, its a tough decision. Many of the doll heads (the one I just posted) look too big (make the 145cm frame look too small) judging from photos shared on TDF. Be careful you have an option that is the right size for the body you have chosen.
Attachments
SH16_.png
SH16_.png (1.13 MiB) Viewed 944 times

ColdWaffles

Post by ColdWaffles »

Doll Master wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:01 pm
ColdWaffles wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:02 pm Hey everyone, I just ordered a 145 sanhui doll recently but am wanting to change the head that I have chosen for her. I find it pretty hard getting a good visual on how each head looks without a video but youtube has shown some good results I think. I can't figure out which head this doll has though if anyone here knows : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkeAb2sL-YQ&t=2s

The doll in the video is AIO 160 Marya (#8).
I pay attention to Sanhui doll. Always liked #16. You can ask for a special color option.
Below is pics from TDF with requested color code RGB 199, 147, 97 or HEX#C79361
Looks like they have even more faces I like now. Hmm, its a tough decision. Many of the doll heads (the one I just posted) look too big (make the 145cm frame look too small) judging from photos shared on TDF. Be careful you have an option that is the right size for the body you have chosen.
oh no I was hoping that it wouldnt be the #8 Marya head. It's so much more expensive. Seems to be a very versatile head as it looks so different in all the photos/videos that ive seen. I might just have to pull the trigger on the #8 head tho. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3-WaqOLyYM - This youtube video shows 145 aio marya and the head looks good size wise on the 145 frame unless they downscaled the head

Good suggestion on the #16 head because that was one of my top choices. Unfortunately, I dont think that head has the adjustable jaw feature that I want. Im looking for all the goodies for my second doll

Do you know which skin tone the doll in the first video has?

Doll Master
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Doll Master »

ColdWaffles wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:36 pm
oh no I was hoping that it wouldnt be the #8 Marya head. It's so much more expensive....
No, it's hard to tell. The pic in my forum avatar is the adj. mouth #8 head on a 158cm body, for size reference.
This links to the the thread I was talking about.
viewtopic.php?t=151047

In this pic, you can clearly see the head (#16) is too big for a 145 body.

ColdWaffles

Post by ColdWaffles »

Doll Master wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:40 pm
ColdWaffles wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:36 pm
oh no I was hoping that it wouldnt be the #8 Marya head. It's so much more expensive....
No, it's hard to tell. The pic in my forum avatar is the adj. mouth #8 head on a 158cm body, for size reference.
This links to the the thread I was talking about.
viewtopic.php?t=151047

In this pic, you can clearly see the head (#16) is too big for a 145 body.
Alright thanks for all your help. I ended up switching to the 145 #8 AIO. The Marya head is too hard to pass up after seeing a good quality youtube video showcasing it. Sadly I will have to live with smaller boobs on the AIO. I hope its worth it!

Taneras
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Taneras »

Just want to throw this out seeing as heads and movable jaws are being discussed, perhaps I can save someone hassle in the future.

If you want a movable jaw and are interested in head #14 (or any head for that matter), I'd suggest asking for a video of the head you want with that option. I assumed that any head Sanhui offered with the moveable jaw feature would be capable of opening their mouths fully.

Not so.

When I received my factory video and pictures, I noticed a glaring issue with head #14's mouth opening. The jaw worked as intended, but the mouth molding didn't allow for the mouth to open to the corners of the doll's lips. Like the outer 1/2 inch of each end of a smile was sealed shut. Instead of a smile being wider than it is tall, it was just as wide as it was tall, like a fish's mouth. I had ordered the realistic tongue for posing and photography, and I seriously doubt it would have even fit in her mouth.

I pointed this out, and Sanhui said that it wasn't a defect, that's just how head #14's mouth is designed. I went back and looked at the only two photosets released, and neither had the movable jaw so I couldn't argue any differently. I ended up forking out another 100 bucks to change heads. Not a huge deal, but one I would have rather avoided.

Seeing as this is a possibility for at least one of their heads, if you want a movable jaw I'd ask for a preview video of the head opening and closing its mouth just to make sure.

dollfunn

Post by dollfunn »

From what you wrote, I assume you ordered a non-AIO doll... If AIO, then they all cost the same, doesn't matter what heads. On Sanhui's website, AIO 145-4, AIO 145-5 and AIO 145-8 all cost the same at $3045... BUT while you can buy head #145-4 and head #145-5 separately for non-AIO 145 body, you should check with Sanhui to see if you can do that with head #145-8 too (because I only see pictures of head #145-8 on AIO 145).

Also, in case you're not aware, there's head #8 for bigger dolls, and there's head #145-8 for 145 dolls (they don't look exactly the same... there's similarity but not exactly the same... imo, #8 is prettier than #145-8, but all eyes are different)... may be head #145-8 does not cost anymore than other 145 heads, but you need to check with Sanhui first if you can even buy it for non-AIO 145.

ColdWaffles

Post by ColdWaffles »

dollfunn wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:09 pm From what you wrote, I assume you ordered a non-AIO doll... If AIO, then they all cost the same, doesn't matter what heads. On Sanhui's website, AIO 145-4, AIO 145-5 and AIO 145-8 all cost the same at $3045... BUT while you can buy head #145-4 and head #145-5 separately for non-AIO 145 body, you should check with Sanhui to see if you can do that with head #145-8 too (because I only see pictures of head #145-8 on AIO 145).

Also, in case you're not aware, there's head #8 for bigger dolls, and there's head #145-8 for 145 dolls (they don't look exactly the same... there's similarity but not exactly the same... imo, #8 is prettier than #145-8, but all eyes are different)... may be head #145-8 does not cost anymore than other 145 heads, but you need to check with Sanhui first if you can even buy it for non-AIO 145.
I did end up ordering the AIO 145-8. I was speaking with Mike at Sanhui and was told that #8 head would be too big on the 145 body but the AIO 145-8 has the downscaled version of this head. There was no option for 145-8 when I was talking with mike otherwise I would have went with that option as I like the bigger boobs on the non AIO 145 body

dollfunn

Post by dollfunn »

ColdWaffles wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:09 am I did end up ordering the AIO 145-8. I was speaking with Mike at Sanhui and was told that #8 head would be too big on the 145 body but the AIO 145-8 has the downscaled version of this head. There was no option for 145-8 when I was talking with mike otherwise I would have went with that option as I like the bigger boobs on the non AIO 145 body
i'm opposite... I like smaller boobs... bought a non-AIO 145-A with head 145-5 (Yu) about 2 years ago... been thinking about getting my hands on the old non-AIO 145-A (almost flat chest... see "Ginevra says Hi" thread from Wight) with new head 145-5 (Yuki)... Sanhui doesn't advertise that body on TDF, but there are a few non-TDF vendors that sells it, like this one:
https://charmko.store/product/sanhui-do ... %e3%83%ab/

Here's my Sanhui 145-A with Doll Sweet's head Ruby.
Attachments
20210403_155319 (2).jpg
20210403_155319 (2).jpg (593.63 KiB) Viewed 717 times

toddjy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by toddjy »

Can't imagine anyone not liking face 8. It's Marie Rose from DOA. (She's supposed to be legal in the back story for US versions.)

I can't imagine spending even over $2K for a doll, or I would probably get this doll.

INFORMATIONS