Starpery.com

Let's Make a Merkin!

Got an idea? Need an invention?
VinnieD65
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Let's Make a Merkin!

Post by VinnieD65 »

boba_fatt wrote:Awesome craft, I was hoping I would find a thread like this on here. I will be making one soon cause I'm pretty sure I ordered Freya with "hair down there" but after reading this I like the idea that the hair is removable, cause I'm sure we all have multiple wigs of various colors for our ladies (the carpet can always match the drapes). As for another thought some guys don't mind a little armpit hair on their ladies, do you think this idea would work for that as well?
I have no idea. It will be bent a lot more. So I don't know if it will stick that good.

bozzaa69
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by bozzaa69 »

Update on using honey as a glue. I've noticed a little mold in the warm humid weather if it's left on there for a period of time. I assume from the sugars. I've also noticed mold spots from using cornstarch baby powder.

bozzaa69
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by bozzaa69 »

I love how the mods remove pics of my doll for looking too young even though it's hairy including armpits?

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Whitedevil90 wrote:Great post. very Helpful. Keep us posted with more helpful tips.
Thanks! When I get around to it, I'm going to try to make eyebrow wigs using the same technique. :glou:
VinnieD65 wrote:My first creations :wink:
20200421_101514.jpg
Nice! :thumbs_up:
boba_fatt wrote:Awesome craft, I was hoping I would find a thread like this on here. I will be making one soon cause I'm pretty sure I ordered Freya with "hair down there" but after reading this I like the idea that the hair is removable, cause I'm sure we all have multiple wigs of various colors for our ladies (the carpet can always match the drapes). As for another thought some guys don't mind a little armpit hair on their ladies, do you think this idea would work for that as well?
Thanks! I haven't done the pits myself, but one of our members did. There was a pic posted on here someplace, but I can't find the thread. :x

Yeah it's fairly easy to remove, so you could change it up from time to time. If you're careful washing your doll though, as I am, it'll stay on forever! Jyoti's has been in place for about 2 years!
bozzaa69 wrote:Update on using honey as a glue. I've noticed a little mold in the warm humid weather if it's left on there for a period of time. I assume from the sugars. I've also noticed mold spots from using cornstarch baby powder.
Yeah, I definitely wouldn't recommend store bought honey as glue! 8O However, I've had no issues whatsoever powdering with cornstarch. I keep mine in a sealed container when not in use and only apply it when my doll is 100% dry. :wink:
bozzaa69 wrote:I love how the mods remove pics of my doll for looking too young even though it's hairy including armpits?
Ah, that's what happened to the pics, no wonder I couldn't find them. :?

HSP_960
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by HSP_960 »

Mr Franz: Great post. Thank you! I would love to see a close-up photo of the finished work from the perspective of between her legs.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

HSP_960 wrote:Mr Franz: Great post. Thank you! I would love to see a close-up photo of the finished work from the perspective of between her legs.
Sure, 1st page, 3rd post, 3rd pic. Trimmed it up a bit after that was taken and reattached, but still in place to this day. :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=6&p=1305975#p1305975

HSP_960
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by HSP_960 »

Can the merkin be trimmed with clippers designed for pet or human hair?
What about gluing the mohair to the silicone? Would that look more realistic?
[Can you do a tutorial on how to paint pubes (as shown in the uploaded photo)?]
Attachments
pubic_hair copy.jpg
pubic_hair copy.jpg (66.22 KiB) Viewed 1473 times

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

HSP_960 wrote:Can the merkin be trimmed with clippers designed for pet or human hair?
What about gluing the mohair to the silicone? Would that look more realistic?
[Can you do a tutorial on how to paint pubes (as shown in the uploaded photo)?]
It's best to make it the size and shape you want and trim as desired prior to application. I've never worked with silicone, but I doubt PVA glues would stick. At least not as well as it does on TPE. Sorry, I wouldn't know how to draw or paint hair. I prefer the real thing.

NotTheMessiah85
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by NotTheMessiah85 »

That would be sooo much cheaper than buying a merkin!!! good ones are like £45 on ebay!!! I need to give my new doll a full fire crotch to make her perfect!!!
Proud owner of a Kimber Doll

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

NotTheMessiah85 wrote:That would be sooo much cheaper than buying a merkin!!! good ones are like £45 on ebay!!! I need to give my new doll a full fire crotch to make her perfect!!!
Yep, that's why I made my own. Still attached too!

NotTheMessiah85
Active Poster
Active Poster

Mr Franz wrote:
NotTheMessiah85 wrote:That would be sooo much cheaper than buying a merkin!!! good ones are like £45 on ebay!!! I need to give my new doll a full fire crotch to make her perfect!!!
I am very impressed with how well the PVA has remained in place since putting it on. This is my attempt and I have credited you in a similar post on my Kimber Doll experienceviewtopic.php?f=489&t=143840&p=1981800#p1981800

ImageImage

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

NotTheMessiah85 wrote:
Mr Franz wrote:
I am very impressed with how well the PVA has remained in place since putting it on. This is my attempt and I have credited you in a similar post on my Kimber Doll experienceviewtopic.php?f=489&t=143840&p=1981800#p1981800

ImageImage
Thanks! Yeah, I was amazed too at how well it holds on TPE! Funny, PVA glue won't hold TPE to TPE, but it sure does work great to attach things! Loving those red pubes! :plaidskirt:

tubbienine
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by tubbienine »

Are you guys having sex with this doll with the PVA glued on pubes? I would think any moisture from lube or cleaning would immediately separate the glued on merkin. I have not had luck with such staying on. What glue are you using? Brand?

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

tubbienine wrote:Are you guys having sex with this doll with the PVA glued on pubes? I would think any moisture from lube or cleaning would immediately separate the glued on merkin. I have not had luck with such staying on. What glue are you using? Brand?
No I don't use my doll for sex and yes, PVA glue (Elmer's) is water soluble. When I clean (sponge bath) my doll, I just shield the area with my hand. Same when I oil or spot treat the orfice with Vaseline. The merk I made for my doll has been in place for over 2 years now.

NotTheMessiah85
Active Poster
Active Poster

tubbienine wrote:Are you guys having sex with this doll with the PVA glued on pubes? I would think any moisture from lube or cleaning would immediately separate the glued on merkin. I have not had luck with such staying on. What glue are you using? Brand?
Sex isn't the reason I bought a doll, but I do make sure to remove and clean if I do. I use cheap non-brand PVA

INFORMATIONS