teddy-babes.com

Teddy Babe Lisa Deluxe gets inked

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Re: Teddy Babe Lisa Deluxe gets inked

Post by Juncharted2 »

TakersRose wrote:
Juncharted2 wrote:
TakersRose wrote:Oh my God! Her tattoos are amazing, I especially like the butterflies? on her back. Her new hair and outfits look great too. Awesome photos.

Thank you. She has wings.
You're welcome, I love wing tattoos. :D
Me too. Glad you like :D
https://youtu.be/Zw7RLArsaic

@samteddybabe /Instagram

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

Stewie studmuffin wrote:What does the polyfil look like? Does it look like small white balls? I have found some of that in my bed a couple of times and was hoping that it was coming from my pillow rather than Lexy. :o
If it's coming from her, I don't know from what part of her as I haven't seen any holes or loose seams. So it's a mystery. :?
Hopefully your lady is ok though. While Teddy Babes are easy to fix, I still panic anytime I think that something may be wrong with mine. :eeek:
It looks more like white fibers, long strands. You should be okay as far as Lexy bleeding... lol...

Does your back seam look like mine, all windy like that. That was the first thing me and my fiancee noticed upon inspecting her....

@samteddybabe /Instagram

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Juncharted2 wrote:
samara78 wrote:
Juncharted2 wrote:Any one else's dolls back seam this loose. I got polyfil coming out..
Nope. You can fix this easily though if you would like some help let me know
Yes, please. What should I do?

...and it's not clumps so I think your okay there, Its more stringy, like thin white cotton fibers,.
What you need.
A needle and thread.
Thread the needle. Make sure you double thread so there a bout 6 inches extra past the length of her back. til the thread ends meet than knot the ends together.
What you will be doing is a zig zag stitch.
This part is hand sewn so you can have access to her back.
Start at the bottom. Loop the needle through one side of her back so the knotted end is still hanging free"then put the needle through the other side. Now the needle will go between the 2 pieces of thread you knotted at the ends, pull til it disapears into her back.it should not come back out. Now you have take the needle amd insert it parallel into one side of her plush very close to the seam insert the needle to take up 1/8 of an inch of plush pull the needleback out. Do the same on the other side at the point where you pulled the needle out on the other side. Repeat until sewn up. It you need anything else let me know. Post a pic if you can.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

This is how they are sewn in back. The red represents your thread.
Attachments
Capture+_2018-04-15-20-49-47.png
Capture+_2018-04-15-20-49-47.png (1.14 MiB) Viewed 2177 times
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

samara78 wrote:
Juncharted2 wrote:
samara78 wrote:
Juncharted2 wrote:Any one else's dolls back seam this loose. I got polyfil coming out..

...and it's not clumps so I think your okay there, Its more stringy, like thin white cotton fibers,.
What you need.
A needle and thread.
Thread the needle. Make sure you double thread so there a bout 6 inches extra past the length of her back. til the thread ends meet than knot the ends together.
Start at the bottom. Loop the needle through one side of her back so the knotted end is still hanging free"then put the needle through the other side. Now the needle will go between the 2 pieces of thread you knotted at the ends, pull til it disapears into her back.it should not come back out. Now you have take the needle amd insert it parallel into one side of her plush very close to the seam insert the needle to take up 1/8 of an inch of plush pull the needleback out. Do the same on the other side at the point where you pulled the needle out on the other side. Repeat until sewn up. It you need anything else let me know. Post a pic if you can.
Perfect, thank you. I'm a little nervous about doing this maybe I'll try and attempt it tomorrow. Did you TB' s back look all windy like this ?

@samteddybabe /Instagram

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

samara78 wrote:This is how they are sewn in back. The red represents your thread.
This picture helps a lot. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

@samteddybabe /Instagram

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

I kinda liked the windy look, reminds me of Frankenstein but I get nervous when I see polyfil is all.. I'm going to attempt this surgery "so to speak"...

@samteddybabe /Instagram

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Juncharted2 wrote: It looks more like white fibers, long strands. You should be okay as far as Lexy bleeding... lol...
That's good to know! One less thing to worry about. :D
Juncharted2 wrote:
Stewie studmuffin wrote:
Does your back seam look like mine, all windy like that. That was the first thing me and my fiancee noticed upon inspecting her....
The back seams on mine are somewhat different. More of a straight line. Of course both of mine are standard models and the back seems could be one of the differences between the standard and deluxe models.
The good news that loose seems are easy to fix if you are handy with a needle and thread. I'm not, so thus the panic! :oops:
But I think your lady will be good to go. :thumbs_up:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Juncharted2 wrote:
samara78 wrote:
Juncharted2 wrote:
samara78 wrote:

What you need.
A needle and thread.
Perfect, thank you. I'm a little nervous about doing this maybe I'll try and attempt it tomorrow. Did you TB' s back look all windy like this ?
This is how they are made that is for access to the back. Hand sewn they all look like this.

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

samara78 wrote:
Juncharted2 wrote:
samara78 wrote:
Juncharted2 wrote:
samara78 wrote:

What you need.
A needle and thread.
This is how they are made that is for access to the back. Hand sewn they all look like this.
I figured as much. Just was wondering. .. thanks again

@samteddybabe /Instagram

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

No problem. If you need anything else let me know!
Check out adriannas thread to see some serious sewing work ! Lmao

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

I'll be honest; I'm not really a fan of tattoos and secretly I might have even frowned a bit when I saw this. But... that is still pretty impressive. I fully expected it to be a disaster, but it turned out way better than I thought. I still wouldn't choose it, but I definitely respect the talent and creativity that went into it, and it's certainly not the train wreck I expected.

The embroidered lips, and especially the eyes look good too. I didn't think that would look so good either before I saw it, but well done sir.

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

JackieTreehorn wrote:I'll be honest; I'm not really a fan of tattoos and secretly I might have even frowned a bit when I saw this. But... that is still pretty impressive. I fully expected it to be a disaster, but it turned out way better than I thought. I still wouldn't choose it, but I definitely respect the talent and creativity that went into it, and it's certainly not the train wreck I expected.

The embroidered lips, and especially the eyes look good too. I didn't think that would look so good either before I saw it, but well done sir.
Well thank you. I take my time with things like this that I am passionate about. Plus you should know I've been planning this for some time. First of all I've wanted a TB since 2012, finally mustered up the cash to get one in March and have been working with fabric markers practically since I was a teenager. I'm 35 now and if there was an "inkling" that I would have ruined her I wouldn't have even tested the fabric markers but she's solid. No running ink, no bleeding and she's unique. Exactly the way I envisioned her to turn out.
I'm glad you can appreciate Lisa and her "makeover madness"

@samteddybabe /Instagram

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

Lookin sexy debating her next tattoo....
0416181122.jpg
0416181122.jpg (908.44 KiB) Viewed 2135 times
0416181215a.jpg
0416181215a.jpg (853.94 KiB) Viewed 2131 times
Attachments
0416181125.jpg
0416181125.jpg (1013.15 KiB) Viewed 2135 times

@samteddybabe /Instagram

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

I should have also added that it's cool how you document the process on here step by step. It's more interesting than if you had just put up pictures at the end.

INFORMATIONS