Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

RD2 body B face J Crystal 2015

Reviews on Abyss/RealDoll Products and Support
Forum rules
This area of the forum is dedicated to Product reviews and Manufacturer support reviews only.

All posts in the Reviews section have to be approved by a moderator before they show up and will be locked after approval.
Reviews will only be approved if evidence is provided to back up the claims that are made.
Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

RD2 body B face J Crystal 2015

Post by Begog »

This thread is locked. To view the original thread and post a comment please see:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=61380

My dear Kwench arrived on October 13th, 2014. I'm a little late, but better late than never. As most of you know, She is an RD2 body B face J Crystal. She evidently is the newer, stretchier silicone, because she can stretch like AK's wicked Kaylani video. Too bad they did not have the Duracast option when I ordered her, because I strongly recommend that if you order today. She is holding up very well, considering what she has been through. I average about 4-5 romps a week with this doll, so she has survived well over a hundred romps by now. I used to be very careful in bed with her, fearing I would break her. I now know pretty much what she can and can't take, and I throw down on her regularly. :D

Hands/fingers:
When I got her, everybody was talking about finger pokes and warning me about that, so I have been very mindful about that. Luckily, she has not suffered any hand or finger injuries, and her hands/fingers are like new.

Arms:
Her lower right arm has some vaguely noticeable lumps where her "bones" were too close to the mold when she was poured. There is also a dent on her right elbow. I complained about both of these when I got her, but there was little that could be done. I suppose I could have sent her back, but that seemed trivial after 15 weeks of waiting.

Torso:
No problems here. No broken bones, defects, or damage to date.

Tits:
Love 'em. Can't keep tattoos on them because I handle them too much. Damn fun to play with. However, not long after I got her, I put her in this sexy fishnet crotchless body stocking. Loved having sex with her in that, but the damn thing cut ever so slightly into her left nipple, and now there is a tiny area at the base that is now breast color instead of nipple color where the finish was removed. Hardly noticeable, but I know it's there. Got the right one too, a little. That one's on me.
Looks cute, but....
Looks cute, but....
Kwench26.jpg (289.79 KiB) Viewed 3749 times
dangerous to nipples!
dangerous to nipples!
Kwench27.jpg (315.47 KiB) Viewed 3749 times
Ass/vagina:
Talk about high usage areas! Ass is a bit firmer than I'd like, but it is sweet! I squeeze and smack it a lot, but don't go there often because it is about 100 times easier to clean her removable insert. Not long after I got her, I damaged that insert with the wand, attempting to reinsert. Wand went right through the end of it. Luckily, that was an easy sil-poxy fix. My first repair. Now I use alcohol and have had no problems since and the repair has remained perfect. Still on the first insert, but it's got some miles on it. As for the vaginal cavity, it too has needed repairs. After about 2 months of heavy usage (REAL heavy at first), a slight tear began to form on the upper vaginal wall. I consulted my man Smoke, and followed his guidance using sil-poxy (RD adhesive). Another easy fix. Had to do the same thing on the other side about 2 months later. You cannot see the repairs on the outside of the doll, but there is a small drip on the inside. I could remove this, but it is probably helping beef up this area, and this is by far the highest usage area on the doll. Hey, this girl's got some GOOD pussy! :twisted:
Tiny tear upper labia.
Tiny tear upper labia.
Tear.jpg (187.56 KiB) Viewed 3749 times
Fixes are both perfect, but you can see a tiny adhesive drip inside.
Fixes are both perfect, but you can see a tiny adhesive drip inside.
Kwench252.jpg (661.98 KiB) Viewed 3749 times
Legs:
Had a couple dents the day I got her. They never went away, but not real noticeable. Other than that, perfect.

Feet:
In my opinion, this is by far the weakest area on the doll. I can't stress what an improvement the Duracast option must be. These feet are fragile. After this photo shoot, I left her on the stand a few days wearing these boots.
What a hottie!
What a hottie!
Kwench168.jpg (219.77 KiB) Viewed 3749 times
She was on the stand wearing them, hanging by her neck hook. Couldn't have been much weight on her feet, but apparently enough to do damage. Her right foot is fine, but her left foot...
Ouch!
Ouch!
Kwench foot.jpg (521.02 KiB) Viewed 3749 times
Kwench foot1.jpg
Kwench foot1.jpg (537.86 KiB) Viewed 3749 times
The dent on the edge of her foot was there on arrival and looks just like the one on her right elbow. Minor manufacturer defects. That foot damage was ugly, though, and disheartening. My attempt at repair was also less than satisfactory. If I ever redo this, I will dremel it off and let the foot dry upside down next time. Live and learn. I filled in the damaged area with plenty of sil-poxy, which oozed back out somewhat while drying. It looks like crap, but that area there is by far the most durable and solid area on her feet. Ugly, but effective.
One other thing: The small toes on this doll are all fused together. I could separate them, but it might wind up ugly. If someone else has a body B, are your doll's toes fused? Anon Viking? I know other body types are not that way. I'm a little disappointed in that feature.

Continued on next post...
Attachments
Shoddy repair...
Shoddy repair...
Kwench Foot3.jpg (539.03 KiB) Viewed 3749 times

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Kwench's 6 Month Review

Post by Begog »

Head:
By far the most outstanding part of this doll is her gorgeous face. The Crystal head is the most beautiful face in the Real Doll lineup, (my opinion), and that's why I chose it. For a while I thought Olivia might be prettier, but the more I compare, the more I like my Crystal. That said, it does have some drawbacks. Namely, oral sex capability. Like some other doll heads, Crystal has a small mouth. If I use her for oral, I feel she will inevitably wind up with Joker face, and she is just too pretty to damage. So I have missed out on that experience. Kwench also has human hair eyebrows and eyes with veins. These are both definite upgrades that help her stand out from other dolls. I am also real pleased with her make-up combination. I love looking at her, and am extremely pleased with the way she turned out. Abyss exceeded my expectations here. The doll's face is really her most important feature, and the part you wind up looking at the most, so my advice is to not save money here.
Not long after I got her, I attempted to move her eyes. They were not lined up perfectly. Being a full head, you can't just pull her face off easily. Moving those eyes is damn difficult with a full head doll. I got it done, but damaged her lower lash on her right eye, shoving it under the lid. :x This caused me to do eyelash surgery.
Begog! Get this thing out of my eye!
Begog! Get this thing out of my eye!
Surgery - eyelash.jpg (295.32 KiB) Viewed 3739 times
I pulled it out with tweezers, straightened it up, and poxied it back. Not good enough, though, because months later, it came loose again, just on one side.
Damn! My lash is loose again! Begog!
Damn! My lash is loose again! Begog!
Kwench eyelash.jpg (712.02 KiB) Viewed 3739 times
I let it ride for a while, but it bothered me until I fixed it again. I think I got it this time.
Yeah, baby!
Yeah, baby!
Kwench270.jpg (639.72 KiB) Viewed 3739 times
There is no damage or defects to her face. I am VERY careful with that. However, there does seem to be some delamination on the top of her head caused by the many wigs she wears. It is not noticeable because her hair always covers it up. But, it you remove her wig....
Kwench Head.jpg
Kwench Head.jpg (557.48 KiB) Viewed 3739 times
You can see lots of tiny scratches from the wigs. That line is just a stray hair. Note in this picture you can see how her eyebrows stand out from her face. You don't get that with painted on eyebrows.

Overall, I am very pleased with my Real Doll. She is very well made, and holding up well. She is a quality doll. She is great for sex, and wonderful to look at. I have a blast playing with her, and she is quite photogenic. Would I recommend a Real Doll? Damn right I would!

Sheeana
Doll
Doll

Post by Sheeana »

Nice review Begog of my fav squeeze!!
I have certainly enjoyed her over the past 6 months (& you too silly)!

See ya at the next sleepover ;)

Xoxoxo,
Sheeana
My introduction/pictures post: http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 13&t=53624

My Doll Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... album=7283

Never Give Up, Never Surrender!
- Galaxy Quest

"Now that's a wave of destruction that's easy on the eyes!"
- Zap Branigan, Futurama
(commenting on the horde of rampaging Lucy Liu androids)

1jayjay
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by 1jayjay »

ace review thanks Begog. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: Beautiful face and body to match. :D I've never noticed any dents in her legs or the soles of her feet. Kwench is all over simply stunning. :D

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

johnsnow wrote:Begog, great review. These posts will help soon to be owners like me. What do you mean by "hard to keep tattoos on her?" Do you mean the nipple color? That I won't be able to suck them without damaging? Sounds like cleanup after anal sex is huge hassle. Going to want to sometimes. Been thinking about screwing hardware into a beam over the bathtub so I can easily flush her after. I keep reading about trouble getting the insert in. So alcohol better than powder in your opinion? How do I avoid damage? The experience here is invaluable. Thanks
I think he means temporary tattoos you can 'rub' on to her arm/legs/etc.

As far as nipple color.. yes it will wear off if you suck/nibble on them too much. Ask me how I know :twisted: Totally worth it however. I am sure there is some kinda makeup process you can repaint them with, its not like the color was cast into the silicone (or it wouldn't ever wear off)

Bathtime/anal cleanup is not a big deal, its fun! Do remember to take her into the tub pointing the right direction its REALLY hard to turn around and grab from the other side once your in a bathroom. Open the door before you pick her up to take her out too, as your hands will be full... Yea, I learned those the hard way.

As far as anal cleanup, I have heard of some sitting them on the toilet and using a douche or turkey baster... Personally, I had her in the tub sitting on top of me, in 3" of water or so (so it won't be forced into any unnoticed holes/tears and rust the skeleton), I moved her left arm up and leaned her to the side over the side of the tub, about 30 degrees, just enough for me to get access to clean her love holes with a baster full of warm water. I am likely going to try the toilet method, or use a bowl and try and clean her in the bedroom, as I don't think lifting her every day (or twice a day.. maybe three times a day :whistle: ) to take a bath with me is going to be easy.

Soap is also recommended for cleaning (a good antibacterial soap ideally) but you ABSOLUTELY have to clean all the soap out when you are done, or your penis will NOT be happy with you.

Avoid damage (in general) by taking things slow, look at her hands and feet *very* often when moving/playing with. They seem to love to find places to hit against and the fingers love to get mashed against things. Don't put weight on her wrists or neck, they are often weak joints in many doll designs. I would hope Realdoll has solved such problems other dolls have but I wouldn't risk it myself!
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

Also, question for Begog while I am thinking about the issue, what is the joint in your dolls wrist? (Best guess by feeling through the skin at the structure) How stiff are the fingers wires and wrist joint?

Mine (TPE, not realdoll) are finger wires going into the wrist.. No real wrist or hand insert to speak of, the wrist is really floppy too because they used super skinny finger wires (to avoid finger pokes as wires fingers just bend outta the way?). They did at least however put a rotation joint half way up the forearm, so when you rotate her wrist her fingers do not go all funky directions like I have heard some dolls do. (sadly, the joint is a tad bit too loose IMO and kinda flops around too)

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

First, I want to say to all the regulars that replied: Thanks for all the kind words. You guys are great and I consider you all to be my friends. This is a great community and I am happy I found it.
johnsnow wrote:Begog, great review. These posts will help soon to be owners like me. What do you mean by "hard to keep tattoos on her?" Do you mean the nipple color? That I won't be able to suck them without damaging? Sounds like cleanup after anal sex is huge hassle. Going to want to sometimes. Been thinking about screwing hardware into a beam over the bathtub so I can easily flush her after. I keep reading about trouble getting the insert in. So alcohol better than powder in your opinion? How do I avoid damage? The experience here is invaluable. Thanks
Temporary tattoos have a limited lifetime to start with. There is one that's been on her lower leg for months and is still in good shape...BUT, I play with her tits too much for one to last long there. Can't walk by her without giving at least one a squeeze. You can suck them all you want, but be gentle - nibbling is bad. Clean up after anal is the same as cleanup after a fixed vagina doll. Believe me when I say the insert is MUCH easier. There's another recent thread in RD2 where I explain an easy way to get the insert in without damage. I made a common mistake early on that many new doll owners make. Learn from my mistake so you don't have that problem. I prefer alcohol because it provides good lube, evaporates away, and leave no residue to build up. Take your time and don't force anything.
johnsnow wrote:Another question. After you issues with the eyes, would you choose fixed eyes if you had the chance again. I'm thinking about it since it will prevent having to mess with them -and hurt eyelashes- trying to arrange them?
Are those perky nipples on Kwench?
No. Movable eyes are cool. Lashes are very delicate. Tread lightly. Standard nipples on tan body.
johnsnow wrote:Sorry to keep piling questions: How did the cavity get damaged. How do I prevent? I guess it was putting the insert in without enough alcohol. These posts are scary but valuable. I think I'll put nothing but a soft cotton robe over mine.
Insert had nothing to do with that. That is just normal wear and tear. Any doll is going to show some wear after 100+ romps. I was extremely gentle at first, but now I throw down on her. She can take it. The key here is to fix the problem as soon as you realize there is one. If you don't, it will get worse, and eventually out of hand. This is a really easy fix. It will probably happen again, sooner or later.
DarkOne wrote:Also, question for Begog while I am thinking about the issue, what is the joint in your dolls wrist? (Best guess by feeling through the skin at the structure) How stiff are the fingers wires and wrist joint?

Mine (TPE, not realdoll) are finger wires going into the wrist.. No real wrist or hand insert to speak of, the wrist is really floppy too because they used super skinny finger wires (to avoid finger pokes as wires fingers just bend outta the way?). They did at least however put a rotation joint half way up the forearm, so when you rotate her wrist her fingers do not go all funky directions like I have heard some dolls do. (sadly, the joint is a tad bit too loose IMO and kinda flops around too)
Wrists are stiff. Be careful moving them because those tender hands are fragile. Get Duracast option and your doll should last longer. Hands and feet are fragile on my doll. Fingers bend easily, but she can't hold much. No Kung Fu grip at all. Newer dolls less likely to get finger pokes. Kwench hasn't had any, but I've seen evidence on just how easy she could get one. Move the hands out of the way during sex or sleeping.

windave
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by windave »

Nice review, complete with dynamite photos. I can see why you like that mesh outfit. The nipples pop out so sexily.

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

DarkOne wrote:Also, question for Begog while I am thinking about the issue, what is the joint in your dolls wrist? (Best guess by feeling through the skin at the structure) How stiff are the fingers wires and wrist joint?

Wrists are stiff. Be careful moving them because those tender hands are fragile. Get Duracast option and your doll should last longer. Hands and feet are fragile on my doll. Fingers bend easily, but she can't hold much. No Kung Fu grip at all. Newer dolls less likely to get finger pokes. Kwench hasn't had any, but I've seen evidence on just how easy she could get one. Move the hands out of the way during sex or sleeping.[/quote]

Nice to know Realdoll has RealWrists! That is likely the biggest disappointment with my doll.
Although maybe the limp wrists of my doll help protect it from finger pokes as the wrist just bends outta the way.

What is Duracast exactly? Do they have a webpage describing it?

Vanima
Doll
Doll

Post by Vanima »

Nice review of my favorite sexy vampiress. Good way to highlight just how awesome and tough she really is.

Love that mesh bodystocking, too bad it caused damage cause it looked hot as hell.

Thanks to both of you.

Hugs,
-V
Vanima (Vani) En'wen Me'a
Elven High Mage

Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful--just stupid.)

ROBERT A. HEINLEIN, The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

My Photo album My photo thread My main thread
-karpos's wife and little angel

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

Duracast is a new option for Real Dolls that is basically a tougher mix of silicone for the hands and feet.

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

Begog wrote:Duracast is a new option for Real Dolls that is basically a tougher mix of silicone for the hands and feet.
Oh very cool! I was just thinking it would be nice if some parts of my TPE doll where a little tougher. Although I was thinking of the nipples myself... My silicone dolls rock hard nipples feel so nice, Soft TPE breasts might feel better but the soft nipples are not as exciting as hard ones.

If I ever can afford a genuine RealDoll, I will for sure be getting Duracast. (Unless Abyss comes out with something even better by then!)

INFORMATIONS