Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

RD Classic Body 7, medium skin tone, Face 14 (Rui) 2013

Reviews on Abyss/RealDoll Products and Support
Forum rules
This area of the forum is dedicated to Product reviews and Manufacturer support reviews only.

All posts in the Reviews section have to be approved by a moderator before they show up and will be locked after approval.
Reviews will only be approved if evidence is provided to back up the claims that are made.
bpilot
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

RD Classic Body 7, medium skin tone, Face 14 (Rui) 2013

Post by bpilot »

This thread is locked. To view the original thread and post a comment please see:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=50853

Steffy was ordered OCT 11th and arrived on Christmas Eve. She’s a RD Classic Body 7, medium skin tone, Face 14 (Rui) with blue eyes, slate eye shadow, natural lips, hair style 0701, french manicure nails, and heavy black eye liner. The email I received before shipment states the crate is 210 Lbs and the dimensions are 70 x 32 x 22.

First of all, my reaction to the beauty of Steffy when I opened the crate was almost indescribable. Many people on this forum have mentioned their reaction was jaw dropping when they opened their crate, and I can certainly attest to that. There are three bonuses about Steffy that I totally didn’t expect. First, I expected the worst case scenario of a doll that weighs 90 to 95 Lbs. Instead I got the best case scenario of a 80.5 Lb doll. Although Steffy is not light, her weight is very manageable (I’m 6’ tall and 166 Lbs). Second, She has an articulated spine! I thought only RD2’s had that. Third, Compared to my RD Lingerie Bust, her breasts are very soft. Needless to say I am very happy and am looking forward to doing a full photo shoot when I get the time.
IMG_1269.jpg
IMG_1269.jpg (2.46 MiB) Viewed 6205 times
IMG_1271.JPG
IMG_1271.JPG (1.95 MiB) Viewed 6205 times
IMG_1274.jpg
IMG_1274.jpg (4.25 MiB) Viewed 6205 times
IMG_1275.jpg
IMG_1275.jpg (4.12 MiB) Viewed 6205 times
IMG_1279.jpg
IMG_1279.jpg (4.09 MiB) Viewed 6205 times
IMG_1280.jpg
IMG_1280.jpg (4.34 MiB) Viewed 6205 times

bpilot
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: She’s Here…….Meet Steffy

Post by bpilot »

Thanks for all your positive comments guys. You guys on this forum are the greatest. This forum has been an invaluable resource, and has helped me in my decision to get a Real Doll. I only wish every person on this forum could get a doll of their own.

You know that feeling of ecstatic jubilance when you were a kid on Christmas morning. Well, that’s the feeling I had when I opened the crate Christmas night. I can’t tell you how much I’m glad I finally have a Real Doll. I have absolutely, positively no regrets. Ever since I saw that Real Sex episode featuring Real Dolls, I knew I would eventually purchase one. The main drawback for me about buying a RD was price, possible breakdown issues, doll stigma, and weight. Most of those drawbacks have been either addressed by Abyss Creations or are now unimportant (doll stigma). Anybody reading this that wants and can afford a Real Doll, I say GO FOR IT! We only live once and we are not getting any younger so why wait. If you can’t afford a doll, all I can say is start saving your pennies. The wait is well worth it.

bpilot
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by bpilot »

Dodgeman, Thanks for your kind words. The Real Doll Care Guide that was shipped with my RD has a *CAUTION* warning in red letters on the front page with the following message:

“Your new doll is equipped with the new articulated spine, which alters the center of gravity. Be VERY careful when lifting your doll! Make sure the doll is always leaning into you rather than away as she can bend in half and cause you to drop her”

The front cover of the RD care guide indicates the guide is meant for the Classic/RD2/Wicked/& Male Real Dolls, so I assume the warning message about the articulated spine pertains to all the above Real Dolls. How can I tell for sure if my doll has an articulated spine?

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

Hello bpilot,

The warning note is exactly what I was referring to about the spine!! Like 310smoke has said, when she is sitting down with her butt and legs stationary, she will be able to flex side to side and backwards at the WAIST with her butt and legs staying still to a degree!! The older dolls could only flex forward and turn side to side at the WAIST like turning handlebars on a bike but, they were stiff, However My 2010 body 6 doll and my 2 classic dolls produced in early July cannot flex backwards at the WAIST from a straight up sitting posture!! Her NECK will also be able to flex side to side as well as her back!! The warning is given because of her being able to flex backwards at the waist and so the reason for the massive weight shift that can happen if she falls away from you and you loose control of her!! If you carry or move her by picking her up from under the arms or bridal carry, you will not have that possibility of the weight shift but, if you carry her from around the butt, then she could fall away from you unless you keep her tight against you while moving her!! :D I actually spoke with McMatt himself about 2 months ago and we had a good discussion about some of the dolls structure and I am going to make an assumption here!! Matt and I talked about the cores of the body 7 being the exact same cores as the RD2 body A and the body A is based on the body 7 with the exception of the ( Spine, Vaginal insert, larger breasts, and the faces being attached with magnets verses Velcro )!! The RD2 body B is based on the body 2 and so the cores should be the same with those two dolls as well!! From a manufacturing standpoint, it would make the best sense to use just one skeleton for the body A&7 and possibly the body 6 because the body 6&7 are the same except for the breast size, and one skeleton for the body B&2 as well!! This would allow Abyss to consolidate their most used skeletons from 4 skeletons to just 2 and save the use of all of the different parts used in the two designs and streamline production!! Just those TWO skeletons will allow the production of 5 of their most popular dolls, RDC 2,6,7 and RD2 A&B!! :D This would also give them a selling advantage over the other manufacturers as well and give the customer more for their money spent!! :D :D The Body 1 definitely has its own skeleton and the body's 4&5 are the same height at 4ft 10in but, I am not sure if the skeletons used in those two dolls are exactly the same, it is possible that they are!! The body C and D dolls are no doubt different as well because of their heights, however most likely, all of the skeletons use the same joints and hardware for construction!! :thumbs_up: I would say that for the 10 different body's that Abyss currently offers, they would only have to have 6 skeletons to create all of the RDC and RD2 dolls that they manufacture and that is AWESOME!! It is hard to say if the skeletons for the body's 1, 4&5 will go fully articulated or not as we all do not know!! Would be nice if someone from Abyss could comment on this and verify some or all of what I have said!! All of this just makes good manufacturing sense!! :mrgreen: I hope that anyone reading this post can see for themselves, the logic for Abyss to use one style of skeleton for their dolls and to continue creating and advancing the great product that they produce!! :mrgreen: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Hey bpilot, sorry for going into the technical end of the dolls but, I just could not help myself there as these advancements will no doubt have a great effect on the value of the beautiful dolls that Abyss creates and we all love!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

bpilot
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by bpilot »

310smokeme and dodgeman, I followed your suggestion and I confirmed my classic B7 has an articulated spine. Thanks guys.

bpilot
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by bpilot »

Steffy and Sarah in the bedroom

Does the shoulder, elbow, or wrist rotate so I can position Steffy’s hands parallel to the sides of her body?
Attachments
IMG_1327.JPG
IMG_1327.JPG (1.91 MiB) Viewed 3412 times
IMG_1326.JPG
IMG_1326.JPG (1.86 MiB) Viewed 3412 times
IMG_1325a.jpg
IMG_1325a.jpg (3.82 MiB) Viewed 3412 times
IMG_1324.JPG
IMG_1324.JPG (2.08 MiB) Viewed 3412 times
IMG_1319.JPG
IMG_1319.JPG (2.23 MiB) Viewed 3412 times
IMG_1315.JPG
IMG_1315.JPG (1.87 MiB) Viewed 3412 times

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

bpilot wrote:Steffy and Sarah in the bedroom

Does the shoulder, elbow, or wrist rotate so I can position Steffy’s hands parallel to the sides of her body?
You can have a look at a video I made of my Wicked doll, Steffy should be able to do the same: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG_QuxfRMis&t=0m31s
But the joints can be tight at first.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

bpilot
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by bpilot »

Wow Alex, That video is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much. I didn’t realize the RD’s had so many axises of rotation of their joints. Your video will be a tremendous help. Thanks again.

bpilot
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by bpilot »

OK guys, This will probaby be my last photo shoot for awhile as Steffy and I are beat. These photo shoots are a little stressful because I have to take great care not to damage Steffy. Enjoy the photos.
Attachments
IMG_1331a.jpg
IMG_1331a.jpg (4.08 MiB) Viewed 3422 times
IMG_1347a.jpg
IMG_1347a.jpg (4.41 MiB) Viewed 3422 times
IMG_1350.JPG
IMG_1350.JPG (2.18 MiB) Viewed 3422 times
IMG_1360a.jpg
IMG_1360a.jpg (4.24 MiB) Viewed 3422 times
IMG_1362.JPG
IMG_1362.JPG (2.31 MiB) Viewed 3422 times
IMG_1363.JPG
IMG_1363.JPG (2.03 MiB) Viewed 3422 times
IMG_1370.JPG
IMG_1370.JPG (2 MiB) Viewed 3422 times

bpilot
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by bpilot »

Yes Szalinski, that WAS perfect timing. I really lucked out. Best Christmas I’ve had in a long time. I had a great family Christmas dinner and then came home to finally open the crate and find a goddess waiting for me! I’ve had Steffy for only five day’s now and have grown quite attached to her. It’s amazing how quickly we can become attached to these dolls. They almost take on a life of there own. Every time I enter my bedroom I have an overwhelming urge to give her a big hug.

Szalinski, Steffy obviously cannot stand on her own feet (and I wouldn’t try because it would probably tear apart the bottoms of her feet), but the photo of her sitting on the bed is all her with no support. As her joints loosen up over time she may lose the ability to sit on her own. I haven’t tried any other poses. Maybe another forum member could better answer your question.

bpilot
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by bpilot »

I’m running out of outfits for Steffy, so this is decidedly the last photo shoot for awhile. Damn, these shoots are getting to be addictive.
Attachments
IMG_1378a.jpg
IMG_1378a.jpg (4.46 MiB) Viewed 3354 times
IMG_1382.JPG
IMG_1382.JPG (2.33 MiB) Viewed 3354 times
IMG_1399a.jpg
IMG_1399a.jpg (4.33 MiB) Viewed 3354 times
IMG_1407a.jpg
IMG_1407a.jpg (4.27 MiB) Viewed 3354 times
IMG_1408a.jpg
IMG_1408a.jpg (4.3 MiB) Viewed 3354 times
IMG_1418.JPG
IMG_1418.JPG (2.13 MiB) Viewed 3354 times

bpilot
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by bpilot »

One more photo shoot. These photos show off the body of the Classic B7
Attachments
IMG_1425.JPG
IMG_1425.JPG (2.37 MiB) Viewed 3255 times
IMG_1439.JPG
IMG_1439.JPG (2.24 MiB) Viewed 3255 times
IMG_1442.JPG
IMG_1442.JPG (1.91 MiB) Viewed 3255 times
IMG_1443a.jpg
IMG_1443a.jpg (3.49 MiB) Viewed 3255 times
IMG_1447a.jpg
IMG_1447a.jpg (3.85 MiB) Viewed 3255 times

bpilot
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by bpilot »

Here’s Steffy in her western getup. I seriously need to be very selective on the clothes I buy for Steffy. It took me what seemed like forever to get those shorts on. There were several times where I almost gave up trying. I’m thinking of returning the shorts because I don’t want to go through that ordeal ever again!
Attachments
IMG_1478.JPG
IMG_1478.JPG (2.15 MiB) Viewed 3639 times
IMG_1484.JPG
IMG_1484.JPG (2.39 MiB) Viewed 3639 times
IMG_1489.JPG
IMG_1489.JPG (2.26 MiB) Viewed 3639 times
IMG_1491.JPG
IMG_1491.JPG (2.48 MiB) Viewed 3639 times
IMG_1492.JPG
IMG_1492.JPG (2.34 MiB) Viewed 3639 times
IMG_1493.JPG
IMG_1493.JPG (2.29 MiB) Viewed 3639 times
IMG_1495.JPG
IMG_1495.JPG (2.17 MiB) Viewed 3639 times
IMG_1496.JPG
IMG_1496.JPG (2.29 MiB) Viewed 3639 times
IMG_1498.JPG
IMG_1498.JPG (2.32 MiB) Viewed 3639 times
IMG_1519.JPG
IMG_1519.JPG (2.28 MiB) Viewed 3639 times

bpilot
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by bpilot »

bridgittes hubbie, Thanks for the tip on the nylons. They worked like a champ! The shorts are super easy to put on now.

I put all my photos in the Doll Album. I have some photos in the album that I didn’t post on this forum. Here is a link to all of Steffy’s photos in the Doll Album (skip to the second page to see Steffy’s photos. The first page is Sarah’s old photos):

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... t=0&page=1

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Steffy looks great!! She could star in a Dukes of Hazzard movie anyday :D
Nylons definitely help in getting pants on, a lot. Without them, it's quite a chore, indeed.

PS: The Doll Album and Doll Matrix aren't the same thing :wink: the Matrix can be found here: http://matrix.dollforum.com/
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

INFORMATIONS