Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

RD Classic B6 2015

Reviews on Abyss/RealDoll Products and Support
Forum rules
This area of the forum is dedicated to Product reviews and Manufacturer support reviews only.

All posts in the Reviews section have to be approved by a moderator before they show up and will be locked after approval.
Reviews will only be approved if evidence is provided to back up the claims that are made.
dogfather

RD Classic B6 2015

Post by dogfather »

Introducing MiLady Vienna (RD Classic B6 2015) - Original topic: http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 67#p822467

My thanks to TDF member Playtime and Dees Man who've provided much practical advices on importing dollies to AU with minimal troubles.

I'm yet to get myself a quality camera, so I'm only able to upload some LQ photos of Lady Vienna in her first dress for time being.

Here are the basic breakdowns on the overall ordering process, importation process to AU, and the nature of the doll. I hope it may be useful to noobies like myself who're looking at getting their first RD.

CUSTOMER SERVICE

This is perhaps no news to the majority of TDF members – Abyss has provided excellent customer service to their clients. In my case I've made my first email enquiry on the last day of the $1000 discount sales period (in May if I remember correctly). At that time I was uncertain if I was actually going to order a doll, but Annette in Sales has offered to extend the discount for me should I decided to do so.

There has been 50+ email communications both ways in between me and Annette, mostly questions coming from my end. Annette and her team has been very patient in answering most of my questions to their best abilities. Although there were a few times they've made mistakes on my specifications on the doll, but that is understandable consider the number of options available to customize a RD, especially with me changing my mind on several options in the last minute. Overall I having nothing but praises for Annette and her team for their pre-sale customer service.

IMPORTING TO AU

Importation to AU has been smooth because Abyss has provided all of the requested information to my customs broker (commercial invoice, correct value declaration, types of wood used to make the create (customs quarantine concerns)...etc.).

Interesting point for Aussies – the shipping cost quoted by Abyss to use their recommended freight company is approx. $2000 AUD (plus tax and duties etc. to add on top) at the exchange rate of the time, and it requires myself to pick up the crate from the airport (add $900 to the quote if request ship to my door). In my case I've hired an AU freight company (courtesy to Playtime's advice), which costs me around the same and it is shipped directly to my door (intensive customs broker service included). Also being an AU based company it is much easier to communicate with them without concern of timezone difference.

SOFTNESS

Prior to confirming my order with Abyss, I've expressed to them my concern on the doll's softness, as I'm aware that some of the high-end dolls are built with rather thick core (skeleton) with only thin layer of silicone as the flesh (hence to minimize weight), so areas such as tummy/buttocks/thighs are hard when fondled.

Annette informed me that the 2015 models are made with improved silicone softness and at least an inch thick layer of silicone above the core. Upon receiving my Vienna I can confirm that it is true. I couldn't feel its core even when fondling the flesh with applied pressure.

Though soft on the surface when touched lightly with my fingertips, the density of the silicone flesh is firm that is much denser than relaxed human flesh. It feels closer to tensed muscles as if one's fletching his/her biceps. Perhaps this is necessary as softer grade silicone could brings durability issues.

WEIGHT:

The downside of having thick layer of silicone above the core/bones is that it adds significant weight to the doll. As a man of average strength and fitness, I was struggling when carrying my Vienna to my apartment along the stairway two floors above ground. At this stage I have not yet mastered the technique of unloading Vienna from the stand and carrying her in a bride-position. On the plus side I now have a valid reason to hit the gym and improve my strength.

APPEARANCE:

This varies from personal opinions of owner to owner – to me although RDC B6 is the second most petite body type in Abyss' current production line, seeing my Vienna in real life she appears taller and slimmer than the B6 models I've seen in the photos. Her limbs are thick for girls of her body size (160cm height). With her shoulders that are broader than the average petite-shaped girl; the firm silicone flesh on her abdomen; combined with her skin tone my Vienna appears as a girl of athletically-shaped who've spent a healthy amount of time playing sports outdoor. In fact her shape and size are very similar to 4wood's S-Plus, with the difference in S-Plus has more muscle tone in her limbs, abdomen and backside, and B6's has a softer-line-shaped pelvis. (to me S-Plus is more “sporty” and B6 is more “girly”)

One feature of the B6 body I find arousing is the shape of her under bust; it perks forward but without the shape of her rib cage sticking out. With a thick layer of firm silicone flesh above its core, it gives an impression of a girl with a firm tight body who've looked after herself well (hitting the gym regularly, eating healthy), combined with the arc of her back, her tight upper body has an excellent posture. I find it a pleasurable sensation to press my palm onto the firm flesh of her under bust and tummy, while brushing along the arc of her back side with my other hand.

Seeing Vienna's firm body in a one-piece white dress, she seems like a healthy house wife who has no problem with taking charge and competently looking after her man.

DOLL STAND:

After feeling the weight of the doll and becoming aware of the softness of her skin (easily leaves impression when applied weight on silicone surface for a period of time), I find that it is almost mandatory to hang the RD on a stand if I want to keep her as long as possible. It also makes sponge-bathing her a much easier work with less need to move her around.

*** Thought I should clarify one thing to prevent misleading anyone - the 4W heads are not by default a perfect fit for RD bodies. Besides the slight difference in skin tone (to me it's barely noticable) and by default RD's neck joint component isn't compatible with 4W's head, the silicone flesh on RD's neck is also too thick to fit into the crater at the bottom of 4W's head. In my case I had to make modifications to those parts to make the head and body fit.
Attachments
Vienna 3.jpg
Vienna 3.jpg (1.4 MiB) Viewed 4676 times
Vienna 1.png
Vienna 1.png (658.28 KiB) Viewed 4676 times
Vienna 2.jpg
Vienna 2.jpg (1.34 MiB) Viewed 4676 times

INFORMATIONS