betterlovedoll.com

New Review Forum Section

Official announcements regarding "The Doll Forum" and "CoverDoll" from site management.
Also post your own announcements.
Kira-sama
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: New Review Forum Section

Post by Kira-sama »

I think it would be a good idea to let the owner of the doll in the review to create a discussion link in their own review for others that have questions about the owner's doll and put the thread in the same manufacturer forum section that the doll comes from.

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

That's been done several times and is available on request.
If you browse our reviews section, many reviews have links to discussion threads in the vendor or manufacturer forum.
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=273

Kira-sama
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Kira-sama »

Slew wrote:That's been done several times and is available on request.
If you browse our reviews section, many reviews have links to discussion threads in the vendor or manufacturer forum.
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=273
Now that you mention it, I remember seeing it once or twice.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

The SDG review section was wrongly configured. It has been corrected. Newbies are able to post a review.

Jacecr
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Jacecr »

Maybe the template could include height ,bust, waist , hips , weight, eye color, skin color, nail color, bra size and shoe size

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Jacecr wrote:Maybe the template could include height ,bust, waist , hips , weight, eye color, skin color, nail color, bra size and shoe size
Are you suggesting we prescribe a template for reviews? I don't see how this would be of help, as your list has nothing to do with product quality. These measurements and selection choices are already available on most websites selling dolls.

Edit: I see where a template was suggested earlier in the thread. Well, my take is that a review is not such an important document that we would want to enforce a template or make any restrictions, other than it should be about the product if a MFR review, or about the service if it's a vendor.

People should be free to say what they want as long as they can back up any claims. IMO If you want specific information, you should be willing to research it yourself, usually on the website or you can post to ask questions in an appropriate forum here.

ratfink
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ratfink »

FYI, the review link at the top of the Doll-Forever forum is incorrect. It points to the Doll-Forever forum (i.e. the page you're already on when you click it), not the review forum.

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Thanks ratfink, we'll get that fixed. :thumbs_up:

Edit: It's fixed now.

chengsta
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by chengsta »

But what if you bought from a non-listed, but popular vendor/manufacturer? I for example, bought a few dolls from JY doll.

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

chengsta wrote:But what if you bought from a non-listed, but popular vendor/manufacturer? I for example, bought a few dolls from JY doll.
Hi chengsta. You're welcome to review dolls which don't fall under our listed sellers category. The appropriate place for these reviews is Dolls In General. https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=87

Sure, they won't be kept in a designated spot for easy future access, but they will remain searchable by keyword.

INFORMATIONS