teddy-babes.com

Is the teddy babe website down?

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
SilusVesuvius

Is the teddy babe website down?

Post by SilusVesuvius »

Hello,

I am new to this forum, and I am not sure if I am the only person who is unable to browse the teddy babe website. I enter the URL and a blank screen appears with nothing on it.

Apologies in advance if the people behind the website are aware of this issue.

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: Is the teddy babe website down?

Post by Zang »

I tried as well, just now, and got the blank page too.

My guess is that Eighth Wonder is fixing or revising some things on their website, and it'll be up again when they're done.

Slave to the plush
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Slave to the plush »

And the teddy babes store is down too, hmm are the babes taking over

Spectra
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Spectra »

I hope they are doing something to their site and not closing up shop, before I even get a chance to buy one. :(

deadpringle
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by deadpringle »

I'll paste what I shared with another member via PM:
--
It's possible the site was hacked, but if it was, at one point, you would have seen a brag posted on their splash page about it (ie: something like "THIS SITE HACKED BY CRYpT0f0uR!", etc.).

It looks like the store site is back up now. As for the main site, I'm pretty sure they're just re-vamping it, or moving to a new domain.

In my experience, when a business closes up shop, the site doesn't go blank. The site stays up, and starts showing signs of link rot, particularly in the shopping pages. There's usually a last-ditch effort to get SOME business before they close their doors for good. It would likely cost them money to have someone take their site down, which, if they were closing up shop, I don't think they would bother doing that, and if they did, most businesses would have a mysterious "clearance" sale right before doing so.
Annie: Shirley! We were just...
Abed: About to...
Troy: Eat garbage dip!... WHY DID I HAVE TO GO THIRD?!
-- from Community - Season 4 Episode 5

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Zang »

Thanks for the technical insight, d.p.; :) however, it's now a whole week later and nothing's changed; the total blankness is still there.

This is starting to get worrisome. If it really is something like a site revamp or domain transfer, I wish Eighth Wonder would've let us know beforehand.

JustinBridou
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by JustinBridou »

When browsing the TB website from Europe, I also got a blank page :(

It's probably a momentary issue, because TB and TBD are still available for ordering at a well known German shop :whistle: .
They have some TB/TBD models in stock (shipped in 3 days), and others can be ordered with a normal delay (about 24 days).
No mention of problem with production, so I think that Teddy Babes will come back up soon.
ImageJustinBridou & familyImage
Iris & Mitsu - OR138, Nolwenn, Liz, Canelle & Cléo - Deluxe/Teddy babes, Vanille - Valentina Girl,Evelyne - Textile doll, The army of minis - because size don't care!

deadpringle
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by deadpringle »

Zang wrote:Thanks for the technical insight, d.p.; :) however, it's now a whole week later and nothing's changed; the total blankness is still there.

This is starting to get worrisome. If it really is something like a site revamp or domain transfer, I wish Eighth Wonder would've let us know beforehand.
Well, a site revamp can take a while. I'd be more concerned if the store site was down too. That's basically their avenue for doing business. Lets see what happens in the next few days. I don't know if it will help, but maybe we can have one of the admin/management staff at TDF try to contact them.
Annie: Shirley! We were just...
Abed: About to...
Troy: Eat garbage dip!... WHY DID I HAVE TO GO THIRD?!
-- from Community - Season 4 Episode 5

SilusVesuvius

Post by SilusVesuvius »

Quick update,

The teddy babes website is back up now. I am not sure why the website went down during the time it did, but at least the site is available again.

Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by 5000 »

It is not working for me.

JustinBridou
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by JustinBridou »

I've just checked now, and both Teddy Babes website and Teddy Babes store (CA) are up.
ImageJustinBridou & familyImage
Iris & Mitsu - OR138, Nolwenn, Liz, Canelle & Cléo - Deluxe/Teddy babes, Vanille - Valentina Girl,Evelyne - Textile doll, The army of minis - because size don't care!

hanuman37
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by hanuman37 »

JustinBridou wrote:I've just checked now, and both Teddy Babes website and Teddy Babes store (CA) are up.
Thanks for the update; much appreciated. :)

INFORMATIONS