Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

Variation in doll softness?

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

pretzel
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Variation in doll softness?

Post by pretzel »

Hello,
Id like to hear from doll owners that have more than one BT doll or a new doll.

Is there any variation in the softness between your dolls?

I own 2 BT dolls and the feel between the two is night and day..
The 1st is a BT2 body was made in 2012. The body is super hard. I really didnt think much of it til I ordered my secound doll. I read on this forum of the "Eraser" feel. After 4 years it hasnt softend up but the harder doll is definitely more durable. A big plus.

When the 2nd doll a BT1 body arrived in 2015 it was much more softer and enjoyable. She is so soft I can feel the skeleton. Which I like.
I did not special order a softer doll. I noticed that the doll will crease at the belly button when seated. A good indicator of a softer pour?

So did Phoenix Studios change the softness in later production? And if so at what year?

Im just wondering why the big variation between the 2 dolls?????
Thank you,

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Variation in doll softness?

Post by dodgeman »

pretzel wrote:Hello,
Id like to hear from doll owners that have more than one BT doll or a new doll.

Is there any variation in the softness between your dolls?

I own 2 BT dolls and the feel between the two is night and day..
The 1st is a BT2 body was made in 2012. The body is super hard. I really didnt think much of it til I ordered my secound doll. I read on this forum of the "Eraser" feel. After 4 years it hasnt softend up but the harder doll is definitely more durable. A big plus.

When the 2nd doll a BT1 body arrived in 2015 it was much more softer and enjoyable. She is so soft I can feel the skeleton. Which I like.
I did not special order a softer doll. I noticed that the doll will crease at the belly button when seated. A good indicator of a softer pour?

So did Phoenix Studios change the softness in later production? And if so at what year?

Im just wondering why the big variation between the 2 dolls?????
Thank you,
Hello there Pretzel and welcome to the forum,

I have Abyss dolls from the first generation Platinum silicone right up to the latest softer silicone. The oldest doll I have is mid year 2009 and she is very stiff all over. The next is a doll from March 2010 and is stiff but, not as stiff as the 2009 doll is but, they are very different. The dolls were that way for a couple of years and in July 2013, I took delivery of 3 new dolls that are a LOT softer than the 2010 doll is or the 09 model and I love the feel of those dolls. They feel somewhere in between the 2010 doll and the dolls from late 2014 til now. I have a BT3 from May 2014 that is the same as the 2013 dolls are and is nice. In the end of 2014 like around October/November, Abyss softened the silicone again to pretty much compete with the TPE dolls that were becoming available at that time and that continues right up to today. My newest doll is a body D from June 2015 and is as they are now, very soft as your doll is and very pleasant to feel! As the silicone has become softer, more care is needed to prevent abrasion of the surface of the skin and to help prevent the joints from the skeleton from poking through places like the elbows and knees. The doll would have to be applying some weight to those areas and moved around like on her elbows and knees during sex to do damage those places and that is a good reason to properly support your doll if one wishes to play with her in that way! :D

I hope this helps you out there Sir! Having dolls from 2009 through 2015 gives me a great opportunity to compare them as to how soft they are and how they feel all around! I can understand how some speak of the (eraser feel) that the dolls once had and many of those are not aware of how the newest dolls feel today or even from 2013 for that matter! My oldest doll from 2009 does have the stiff feel that you could perhaps compare to an eraser but, she is not quite that stiff all in all! :lol: :D

Most silicone doll manufacturers are using the softer silicone today so as to compete with the TPE dolls that have become widely available and that is a good thing all around! :D

Cheers! :glou:

INFORMATIONS