SexDollAmerica.com

The documentary that wouldn't die

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
Allison
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

The documentary that wouldn't die

Post by Allison »

Hi all!

As some of you may know, I have been working on a documentary about female dolls/robots/androids for over two years now. Sometimes I think it will never get done, but I have been editing all summer and am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

I am writing one last time because I am now in the process of trying to fill in some content holes in the doc. and one of them is the dollforum. I would like to provide some information about this site and I was hoping to have a slideshow of dollowners and/or their dolls as I explain ...

If you have some photos of yourself with your doll(s) or just your doll(s) that you wouldn't mind sharing, please send them to me at:

defren@usc.edu

I have DSL, so don't worry about size; in fact, the larger the better. Also, please let me know if you would be willing to do a phone interview.

Just a bit of background:

I have already done a documentary short on the subject of ASFR and have written an article about "erotic robotics" for RES, a digital media magazine. For this project, I have interviewed the maker(s) of Realdoll, Superbabe, Cyborgasmatrix, Andybot, Orient, and Level-D. I am approaching this topic with compassion, curiosity, and humor, and am happy to provide any other information that you need to feel comfortable.

Thanks!!

Sincerely,

Allison de Fren

Jerry
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Jerry »

I wanted to take a moment to let you know that Allison is an open-minded person who will portray us as people of a common thread rather than someting akin to a sidehow spectacle.

I have read some of her works, quite impressive. I regret that when she contacted us to perform an interview in St. Louis I had to decline because at the time Adriana and I had too many events pulling at our limited time.

Anything that you as dollforum members can do to assist will surely benifit us all. I look foreard to seeing the outcome of this project. (DVD please!)

Jerry

tromboner

Post by tromboner »

What is ASFR?

A Sex-Friendly Robot?
Acetone Smells Fragrantly Repulsive?
Allison Says Funny Rhymes?
Asparagus Stimulates Flatulent Responses?
All Silicone-Fuckers Rock?

deusbot
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by deusbot »

ASFR = Alt.Sex.Fetish.Robotics
The people who like robots (mostly fantasy) as sex objects. Partially related to dolls. (Is a doll just an unpowerd robot?)

Hi Allison!
I was just wondering how you were doing just a few hours ago :) Glad to see you're making progress.

She is indeed a cool and understanding person. As an aside, I ID'ed her film crew in one of Tabo's "visiting the manufacturer's" pics, so she is getting around. Plus she offers the time and retakes for You to get Your view across in the best light, versus "I got my money shot, (i.e. you're screwed), bye!" I can only report good things about her. Really!
Artificial Intelligence is the study of how to make real computers act like the ones in the movies -Anon

The questions you ask determine the discoveries you will make - db

grey
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Allison de Fren's film

Post by grey »

Hi all,

Here's a link to her very cool 2001 film "ASFR":

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2408202

(includes an interview w/ Matt McCullen)

Enjoy!

-grey :D

Allison
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

documentary

Post by Allison »

Thanks so much for the words of support!

And great to see you here, db (I was just editing footage of you the other day).

I wanted to add that if you have pictures up on the dollforum and are willing to give me permission to use them, you are welcome to direct me to them and I will download them from there.

INFORMATIONS