betterlovedoll.com

High Heels Parade

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

Martinson Joe

Re: High Heels Parade

Post by Martinson Joe »

[K2] wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:59 pm
Martinson Joe wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:47 am
[K2] wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:58 pm Image
Again, this are soooo extreme ¿How can you do It?
The ankles and toes can easily accommodate these bends but the TPE/silicone can't support the doll's weight without risking damage. The solution is transferring the weight of the doll around the soft part of the foot and directly to the skeleton.
viewtopic.php?p=2325662#p2325662
Thanks a lot!

Such high heels load practically the hundred percent of the dolls weight over the ball, it just looked like too much to me, even with the footplates! 8O

Can I ask which kind of aluminum plate do you use? I've read on the forum from people usin 1mm inox steel plates, but still not sure.
I'm a boring middle aged lonely man, maybe even an old perv, so what?

🤘🏻 For those about to dolls, we salute you! 🤘🏻

[K2]
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by [K2] »

Martinson Joe wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:30 pm Thanks a lot!

Such high heels load practically the hundred percent of the dolls weight over the ball, it just looked like too much to me, even with the footplates! 8O

Can I ask which kind of aluminum plate do you use? I've read on the forum from people using 1mm inox steel plates, but still not sure.
The first link below has more info and a materials list with (year old) prices. The second link is a kind of step by step pictorial.

My first attempt was with thin steel but the steel was too difficult to work with. Both the 0.063" and 0.08" aluminum plates I used turned out to be plenty strong enough, even for my largest girl (170cm, 93lbs/42kg) and was a breeze to cut, drill, and bend. All my girls except Amara have these plates installed. Amara unexpectedly came with the hard silicone standing feet; no foot studs.

I lost access to my shop and all its large floor standing power tools, but I built and installed Rhyannon's (orange hair) foot plates just a month ago in my kitchen with just a Bosch jig saw (metal blades) a cordless drill, and a few assorted hand tools (hammer, file, hex wrench, center punch, etc.)

viewtopic.php?p=2312343#p2312343

viewtopic.php?p=2311683#p2311683

Martinson Joe

Post by Martinson Joe »

[K2] wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:15 pm
Martinson Joe wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:30 pm Thanks a lot!

Can I ask which kind of aluminum plate do you use? I've read on the forum from people using 1mm inox steel plates, but still not sure.
The first link below has more info and a materials list with (year old) prices. The second link is a kind of step by step pictorial.

My first attempt was with thin steel but the steel was too difficult to work with. Both the 0.063" and 0.08" aluminum plates I used turned out to be plenty strong enough, even for my largest girl (170cm, 93lbs/42kg) and was a breeze to cut, drill, and bend. All my girls except Amara have these plates installed. Amara unexpectedly came with the hard silicone standing feet; no foot studs.

I lost access to my shop and all its large floor standing power tools, but I built and installed Rhyannon's (orange hair) foot plates just a month ago in my kitchen with just a Bosch jig saw (metal blades) a cordless drill, and a few assorted hand tools (hammer, file, hex wrench, center punch, etc.)

viewtopic.php?p=2312343#p2312343

viewtopic.php?p=2311683#p2311683
Oh, wow! Many thanks, [K2], we owe you a beer! :glou: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[K2]
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by [K2] »

Martinson Joe wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:59 pm Oh, wow! Many thanks, [K2], we owe you a beer! :glou: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are welcome!
Save the beer money. Buy your girl some smashing heels!

bbanner22x11
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by bbanner22x11 »

OMG. Love the high heels ladies here!

Did you guys hit Zappos or buy these heels in person? I'm curious if you got any odd looks or feedback in the buying process.
I can buy lingerie, "its for my girlfriend", but shoes are more personal i think.

jeep2639
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jeep2639 »

bbanner22x11 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:52 pm OMG. Love the high heels ladies here!

Did you guys hit Zappos or buy these heels in person? I'm curious if you got any odd looks or feedback in the buying process.
I can buy lingerie, "its for my girlfriend", but shoes are more personal i think.
I get most of my stuff on shein.com. Some on Amazon, some on eBay, but most on Shein. I don't get odd looks. In fact, when I order, I ask for UPS (or Amazon) to hold the package in a customer service location for me to pick them up, so that nobody "accidentally" opens my package at home. Also, when you order more than one item, they will likely put them in a box or a bag that is more discreet. Sometimes they can just send the box as is, and everyone will be able to tell what's inside if you only order one item...
Body: XTdoll 163F Silicone.
Emily (XTdoll XT-2 head): viewtopic.php?t=174486
Sophie (Zelex GE115 head): viewtopic.php?t=178207
Brandi (Zelex GE45-5 head): viewtopic.php?p=2511578

Martinson Joe

Post by Martinson Joe »

bbanner22x11 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:52 pm OMG. Love the high heels ladies here!

Same here, shein.com have plenty of shoes in small sizes.

[K2] wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:13 pm
Martinson Joe wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:59 pm Oh, wow! Many thanks, [K2], we owe you a beer! :glou: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are welcome!
Save the beer money. Buy your girl some smashing heels!
By now we just want her to stand in those she already has :mrgreen:, I this morning am doing some research to buy the aluminum from some local vendor :thumbs_up:

BetterLoveDollForYou
BetterLoveDoll
BetterLoveDoll

Post by BetterLoveDollForYou »

WOW, I can't take my eyes off these cuties
Glad to have you here! Cheers~
Our website:
https://betterlovedoll.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/David_beterlove

Better dolls from the best brand!
:angel:

Kimmi Lovecok
Doll
Doll

Post by Kimmi Lovecok »

BetterLoveDollForYou wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:22 am WOW, I can't take my eyes off these cuties
:glou:

[K2]
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by [K2] »

AliExpress
https://www.aliexpress.us/w/wholesale-w ... t.search.0

Martinson Joe

Post by Martinson Joe »

[K2] wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:52 pm

AliExpress
https://www.aliexpress.us/w/wholesale-w ... t.search.0
Honestly, I find Shein a lot easier to navigate and less misleading than AliExpress. If buying from the latter be sure to read every word of the description, what you see may not be what you get just clicking "add to cart". Shein has measurements for almost every conceivable body dimension, and the pictures resemble accurately what you are getting. On the other side, I think it may be easier to find more extreme shoes on AliExpress. Quality may be the same: poor, but more than enough for a doll.

HSP_960
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by HSP_960 »

Great thread! Keep the photos cumming!

HoneyHose

Post by HoneyHose »

I've heard of Shein on other threads, so just took another look at the site, and still don't find their prices near Ali Express's.
I just ordered a belted shirt mini dress from Ali Express for a total of Cdn. $15.91 and found the closest thing in Shein to be Cdn. $26.09.
I did look up bras as I have ordered some from AE last year, and while that was a task and a half (finding a size for a doll!), at least they had cup sizes. Shein used S/M/L, which I found wasn't helpful.
It was the same pricing story with 5 other items I just ordered from AE, so maybe I'm on the wrong part of the site(?)....

Martinson Joe

Post by Martinson Joe »

HoneyHose wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:45 am I've heard of Shein on other threads, so just took another look at the site, and still don't find their prices near Ali Express's.
I just ordered a belted shirt mini dress from Ali Express for a total of Cdn. $15.91 and found the closest thing in Shein to be Cdn. $26.09.
I did look up bras as I have ordered some from AE last year, and while that was a task and a half (finding a size for a doll!), at least they had cup sizes. Shein used S/M/L, which I found wasn't helpful.
It was the same pricing story with 5 other items I just ordered from AE, so maybe I'm on the wrong part of the site(?)....
Hmmmm... Maybe the pices Shein announces have always discounts in the final checkout, a pair of 33€ boots ended costing me 26€. As for the sizes, it depends on the product, some come in S/M/L and others use different units, and when you choose one it pops a small window with the equivalences.

Anyway, shopping for our girls is quite a task :lol:

[K2]
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by [K2] »

I've bought over 3 dozen pairs of heels (damn those girls love their shoes) without any problems.
As expected you will find a difference in quality between the $20 shoes and the $150 shoes.

INFORMATIONS