SexDollAmerica.com

Please get in touch

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
dolby
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Please get in touch

Post by dolby »

Dear all,

It is with pleasure that I discovered this great website, as I am being increasingly drawn into the enigmatic world of dolls’ devotees the more I read all your postings.
I am an independent female documentary maker based in the UK and I would like to get in touch with you to hear your stories and share your delight.
Previous films made about dolls and their human partners have all had a voyeuristic and negative feel about them. The angle I am looking for is to find a real character based story, explain that owning a doll is not perverted nor gross, but perhaps another form of finding a fulfilling loving relationship… more of a “why not” film, if you see what I’m on about.
A lot of people tend to be judgemental or critical without knowing. I am trying to open people’s mind a little, and by making this film, I wish to explore a little known sub-culture in a light-hearted but touching fashion.
Whether you are currently saving to acquire your first doll, or you are an avid admirer of long date with a large collection, I will be very happy to hear from you, so feel free to message me.
All the best in the meantime.

Dolby

jackrabbit
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by jackrabbit »

Since you are making a film, the assumption is that the owner's face will appear in it. Possibly the real name. Some owners have no problem with that, but many of us, probably most of us, would not reveal our identities to the world at large under any circumstances. The attitudes you mention are the reason.

I realize it is a catch-22, since a positive film such as yours would help get rid of such attitudes. But there ya go. I would consider something in print, if no pictures of me were included and my real name was not used, but I would not appear in anything visual.

As I said, some owners feel this way and others don't. But it will have an effect on the number of responses you get.
Jack Worthington Rabbit, Esq.

dolby
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by dolby »

Jackrabbit,

I respect your need for privacy, it is a complete personal choice.
One thing I wish to make clear is that I am a firm believer in ethics, and as a filmmaker, I will always endeavour to respect my subject.
It is indeed a catch-22, I might not be that old, but I have seen enough of life to know that people can be cruel and stupid.
Filmmaking (especially of the factual kind) is a wonderful medium for expression, and yes, it can and is often abused.
TV today craves sensationalism and chock value, often at the detriment of the contributors.
I try my best to be non-judgemental in life. People are who they are and to be objective there are far worse "crimes and pervertions" (if some narrow minds choose to view it as such) than owning a doll and getting pleasure from it.
I find the modern dolls - especially the high end types- really amazing looking, some are truly beautiful and I can well understand why a man would seek their company.
I am a woman, don't forget, I know too well how painful we can be to put up with sometimes!
In any case, thank you for your message, and I look forward to getting in touch with people who somehow can afford to care less about what others may think and are happy to be as they are.

All the best

Dolby

jayo215
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by jayo215 »

jackrabbit wrote:I would consider something in print, if no pictures of me were included and my real name was not used, but I would not appear in anything visual.
What if they hired an actor to play you? It is a film, afterall. Maybe Ben Stiller? Who would you pick?

jackrabbit
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by jackrabbit »

Curly Howard would be more realistic. Oh, wait, he isn't available, having been dead for the last 50 years. :lol: :lol:
Jack Worthington Rabbit, Esq.

Raingirl
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Raingirl »

Dolby, it might help doll owners if you told us a little more about yourself. Do you have a website we could visit to see examples of your work? What other subjects have you documented? Are you prepared to travel to meet with doll owners? There are some doll owners in the UK, but many of us are in the USA (like me).

Good luck with your project,
Rainy

shmeagle

Post by shmeagle »

Welcome to the REALM of doll lovers. Dolby if you tread lightly, say what you mean and mean what you say...I think most would love a chance at removing those old cobb webs of mis-understanding. This is a very TABOO subject at most levels. The world we live in is a very harsh, and unrelenting one...AIDS...SYHP...GON...you get the idea...correct. The TDF is full of some of the most understanding, helpful, kind and knowledable folks you will ever type at...Just hang out, get the feel and try not to step on to many toes, ( but, dont worry) if you do..the folks here are also very forgiving..to a point...Ohh and ask questions, but dont worry about the names..if and when someone decides to give you that little bit of info...you may end up becoming a .....MEMBER! so again welcome, hope you dont mind if we Sniff, sniff you over once or twice...just checking...........shmeagle

shmeagle

Post by shmeagle »

Oh by the way ..Which high end doll caught your eye? just wondering?

sniff? sniff?...shmeagle

Synobyte07
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Synobyte07 »

Hey Dolby,

If this documentary should ever take place,I hope you can interview two doll owners that I think would make your film a success. As a matter of fact,they both live in the U.K. The first one would be Everhard and the second would be George66. Both of these gentlemen are very colorful characters,down to earth,witty and can speak their mind when necessary. 8O :lol: Both have either been in magazines or even on TV.In other words,they have had public exposure before and apparently it hasn't been a problem for them in the past.

If you do visit the U.S., it would be great if you get an interview with some of the newer doll manufacturers such as RJ of 1st P.C. and Harry of Sweet 18. Both have endured a challenging beginning for their companies but they are slowly making a name for themselves. 8)

Stef
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Stef »

Hey Dolby, try to find some married people too;
It would be easier for the narrow minds to accept our "pervertion" ( :lol: ) if they saw a way to enhance the couple sexual life ... maybe it will even give them some ideas !!

Paleonaturist
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Paleonaturist »

Hi, Dolby!

And welcome, again, to the Doll Forum...

Other married folks, like the one typing this message, have situations into which a doll fits well. In my case, my wife has been disinclined to leave the sofa - and the television - for over five years. More recently, she's come down with a rather severe case of emphysema, and can no longer go very far on foot. (As in - she can't cross a store parking lot on her own, even with supplemental oxygen, without stopping to lean on me several times. Which is why I drop her off at the door, and why she has a permit to park in "handicapped" spaces.) Obviously, activities involving elevated heart rates and heavy breathing are out of the question. Sex for me would either be extra-marital (which _hasn't_ happened) or solo (which _has_, and _does_ happen) or complete celibacy (which isn't _about_ to happen!).

Given my current cash-flow situation, and the list of projects which, realistically, come ahead of the acquisition of a six-thousand-dollar sex toy, it's going to be a long time before I welcome a Realdoll into my world - but there's a place here for one - here in my life, here in my bed, and here, in my heart. Meantime, I do own a Latex Lady doll, as well as some smaller (1/6 - 1/2 scale) non-sexual dolls. It's nice to have something (that you can imagine is someone) to cuddle with at night.

I wish your project grand success, and god (& goddess, even!) speed. :wink:

~Bruce

P.S. - I second the idea that you should look up Everhard and George66. Each of them is an open, delightful gent, and each is uniquely qualified to comment on life-with-dolls. Everhard lives with two lovely Realdolls, one (Rebecca) a few years old, and the other (Caroline) a much newer model, with many technical improvements. George66 travelled to the Abyss factory in California to watch his doll, EMMA being created - and then brought her home to Merry Old England, with some interesting stops at LAX and, IIRC, Heathrow. Each has photos here in the Forum, either in the Doll Album or the Member Galleries - or both!

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

Hi Dolby,

I am the proud owner of Rebecca (on about page 7 of dollalbum.com) and Caroline (page 3). I live on the English south coast. I have been interviewed by Paris-based Marie Claire journalist Elisabeth Alexandre and I have been photographed by Elena Dorfman of California (whose photos of my first Realdoll, Rebecca, are resident in a museum of modern art in San Francisco).

One problem we have had in here periodically is that of people posing as journalists. Usually they don't fool anyone because their English is so bad :lol:. (They probably do not realise the fact and they go away baffled by the digit '0' in the replies column of their topic while discussion of rages in other topics all around.) That does not seem to apply to you, however. Nevertheless, a couple of people have had fairly bad experiences in the hands of television folk, both in the UK and the USA.

So I'm not saying yes or no at the moment.

One problem might be that I only get here to the forum at weekends. I have only just looked at the Announcements section (I don't think I have ever looked in here before).

I have to go now to my lodgings near where I work in Berkshire and hopefully I will be back next Friday evening.

Cheers,
Everhard

jennyowner
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jennyowner »

Hi Dolby.
Some dolls are on the continent (europe) maybe some germans could be interviewed, but as any research in intime-sensitive personal lifestyles I need more informations about your idea and what agrements could be made before I think about some interview.

dolby
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by dolby »

First, thanks to all for your interest in this project so far, it is much appreciated considering the nature of the topic and the reservations that can go with it.

With regards to some of your queries concerning the contents of the film, I have to admit that despite knowing what angle I wish to take, the final product will very much depend on who decides to come out of the shadows, and invite me and my camera into their world.
This is very much a character driven film, a portrait - or portraits - in other word.
This film will most probably be self-funded since I wish to retain integrity and editorial control, and not fall pray to the claws of sensationalist TV executives.
By the way Everhard, I am not a journalist, just someone with a healthy interest in filmmaking and a passion for human nature. (This will be my third film).
Through making this documentary I am aiming at breaking some of the preconceptions and while I am not disillusioning myself by pretending to change the world, such a programme within the right context will for sure dispel a few myths and enlarge the brain passage of some individuals (even though some people are beyond rescuing...but hey...who's the loser in this? Not me, nor you)
I am spending most of my current spare time studying the world of dolls (there's a fair bit to take in!) and do appreciate all your advice and pointers.
In the meantime, please do not hesitate to PM me as I am very much hoping to develop an interesting and mutually respectful relationship with some of you.

All the best,

Dolby

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

If you're legit and on the level, I hope Jerry, George, and/or Everhard will agree to the project.

Like JR, I don't mind being in print (if told up front) under the name Inkling - but don't want my picture and real name to appear in media.

I wish someone would do something like this across the pond. Most media attention is in UK. I don't get the magazines and no longer get their stuff on TV.

I appologize in advance if it takes you a bit of effort to connect with someone here. As mentioned previously in this thread, there have been offers that are either not real or not entirely on the level as far as their intent.
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

INFORMATIONS