betterlovedoll.com

Sales on TDF forum Rule changes

Official announcements regarding "The Doll Forum" and "CoverDoll" from site management.
Also post your own announcements.
AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Re: Sales on TDF forum Rule changes

Post by AlexKnight »

Sending the email notifications has nothing to do with privacy, it's not like we're telling everyone what your email address is... and if you're worried about your ISP, if you connect to the internet through them, they can already see you're visiting the forum.

If you didn't want to receive Dollforum emails on your personal email account, you should not have used it to register for the forum in the first place.

Simply register for a free account like Gmail or Hotmail and change to that one in your forum profile, then you'll never receive dollforum emails on your personal email account ever again.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

I'm sorry to be annoying sometimes - but for the good of a group a comfortable consensus is dangerous and this is why always wise kings had court jesters in their employ so that at least one person could say what others dared not to say.

In that spirit, to be annoying is not at all something that I like to be, and in the firm support of TDF being a most inspiring place and liking to see things thriving to their best, I urge that the comments here be kept under review.

The DS158+ for sale on the UK forum did sell within a week . . . in contrast as I had predicted . . . Perhaps it would be interesting for others with dolls available to the UK to test the effect of the differing rules between there and here.

Freedom of speech might have its disadvantages but allows things to be worked out in the open and to the best in the end.

Best wishes and with sympathies for all who have to cope with the differences of a wide variety of opinions, people and approaches,

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Wouldn't you think it's more likely a doll sells quicker on the UK forum for UK based members than it does here, because the majority of members there are from the UK, in comparison to TDF, whose member-base is for the majority from the USA.

I'm pretty sure, if members from the USA posted their sales on the UK forum, it would take a very long time to find a buyer, no matter how much discussion took place.

There are several sales that were started under the new rules who found a buyer in a short time, for example, a like new Realdoll was sold within a few days and a less than a month old Chinese doll was sold in a few days as well.

Even when we allowed discussion, some dolls took many months to find a buyer, so it's not like discussion makes sure you quickly find a buyer. It has more to do with other factors IMO, like price, type of doll and the condition she's in, shipping limitations, things like that.

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

It's with great pleasure that we've seen both Spedfish's dolls sell quickly and to that extent I'm delighted to be proved to have been wrong.

Perhaps keeping noise down might prove to be the right decision, despite my awkwardness in having reservations!

We have an expression in England, however, that one swallow doesn't make a summer . . . so perhaps still good reason for this to continue to be under review.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -

starion
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by starion »

This thread doesn't even touch the tip of the iceberg on the need for some sort of reform of the changes that have been made on this forum as of late nor do I believe it is even viewed much in order to understand and listen to the forum members as to what they desire the forum to be, because what is a forum but a collection of people with similar interests. If the members have no say then there will eventually be nobody on a dead forum and a forum must have the diversity of its collection of members in order to survive and grow exponentially. I think we may see the loss of many of our oldest members on this site and that saddens me that it will be left to the few knowledgeable people that are still around to try to guide the newbies and the facts are they don't have all the answers and we are back to the need for a collective of individuals knowledge and opinions being able to be freely discussed without moderation and censoring beyond what is reasonable and there are few situations that are reasonable for censoring to take place. Very few. So say we all.
<------------- Callie Starr formerly Sundown Starshine ----my first RealDoll-----

Wolf-8-17-57
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Wolf-8-17-57 »

Wolf-8-17-57 here . I have been reading all of your post and I currently have a Doll I'm having to part with . I will be selling it when I understand the Rules . Which so far I'm very hesitant to try because I don't want to get it wrong. It seems to me it would be much easier to have a Doll Broker sell my doll . I'm not one to go back and forth on the price buying or selling . A Broker would already know the rules etc . ????

havefun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by havefun »

Wolf-8-17-57 wrote:Wolf-8-17-57 here . I have been reading all of your post and I currently have a Doll I'm having to part with . I will be selling it when I understand the Rules . Which so far I'm very hesitant to try because I don't want to get it wrong. It seems to me it would be much easier to have a Doll Broker sell my doll . I'm not one to go back and forth on the price buying or selling . A Broker would already know the rules etc . ????
It's not that hard to sell. I've sold a couple dolls here. Take some pictures of your doll with the date and your username on a piece of paper. Also list any damage and show it in a picture as best you can. Set a price and state that it a firm price. also state for shipping or local pickup and who pays shipping.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Hi Wolf-8-17-57, if you need assistance just ask. If you're not sure, best is to use the For Sale template and if something is not clear or you need any assistance, just put your question there. All staff is willing to help :D
There's no penalty for a wrong sales post, we just want full and correct information about an item for sale.

harvey48
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by harvey48 »

It seems to me it would reduce clutter IF, when a doll is sold it is removed from the for sale thread.

Only have dolls that are for sale in the for sale thread not those that have been sold.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

harvey48 wrote:It seems to me it would reduce clutter IF, when a doll is sold it is removed from the for sale thread.
Normally moderators do a very good job of removing them.

If you see one simply press the "report" button and choose the reason "other" to draw it to attention if it's been overlooked.

I'm still hung in the balance about the rule changes as discussion about things for sale has been a very important means by which people new to dolls and their issues can get guidance and what Starion says has merit. But lowering the temperature of the section will have been important as it's an area where discussion has been heated, representing a large amount of work for moderators. Having received the greatest of patience and help from Nescio in dealing with images by emails which could not get through all at once, and his work on sorting them out for Coverdoll last month gave a perspective on his professionalism and dedication, and a focus on doing something really constructive for the whole community of us who enjoy dolls . . . and his efforts are not unique among the administration and moderation team. Bearing in mind the very great numbers of people that this forum serves, members and ten times the number of non-members who visit, the focus of the team on those areas that they feel to be most useful is to be respected and I hope that the old members about whom Starion refers will feel that there are important areas on which to contribute in other areas.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
- - - -

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

harvey48 wrote:It seems to me it would reduce clutter IF, when a doll is sold it is removed from the for sale thread.

Only have dolls that are for sale in the for sale thread not those that have been sold.
I'm guessing, you meant that Sold sales were still being listed in the Buy&Sell Active Topics area?
And with that, I agree, there's no point listing them there, so I've changed that setting.

Sold sales will still show up in Unread Posts and Recent Posts pages, and of course in the Sold section, but no longer in Buy&Sell.

harvey48
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by harvey48 »

AlexKnight wrote:

I'm guessing, you meant that Sold sales were still being listed in the Buy&Sell Active Topics area?
And with that, I agree, there's no point listing them there, so I've changed that setting.

Sold sales will still show up in Unread Posts and Recent Posts pages, and of course in the Sold section, but no longer in Buy&Sell.

Thanks Alex

Tybalt
Ex-Member

Post by Tybalt »

Sold dolls thread is vital for buyer research. please keep it.

harvey48
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by harvey48 »

Tybalt wrote:Sold dolls thread is vital for buyer research. please keep it.

AlexKnight wrote:
harvey48 wrote:
It seems to me it would reduce clutter IF, when a doll is sold it is removed from the for sale thread.

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

I applaud the new rules. I've never bought a used doll, but I have shopped and come close to bidding. I don't want to weed through a bunch of user comments - unless they are relevant to the sale. This area of the forum is for business, and any rule changes that support this, limits fraud, and helps keep sales on the up-and-up has my blessing.

INFORMATIONS