SexDollAmerica.com

To dress the doll

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
Angelica94
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

To dress the doll

Post by Angelica94 »

Hi I'm new here.

How difficult is it to dress and undress a Real Doll? Like moving arms and legs etc? Maybe there is a tread about that I don't know about, there is so many here.

Angelica
Angelica

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Re: To dress the doll

Post by brigittes hubbie »

Hi angelica, welcome to the forum. Here´s one thread that you may find helpful: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=53770. Just check the subforum for realdoll or realdoll 2 or send a pm if you have more questions. One of my dolls is Martine, a real doll classic. :wink:
Chris
Click here to see my Doll Album.

Maggie_Mae69

Post by Maggie_Mae69 »

Hi Angelica, I own a doll by that name, but it was the company name so I changed it. RD's arms won't go all the way up without damaging the doll. If you are talking about a female , I dress them bottom up if they have short sleeves, or buy female clothes with spaghetti straps or strapless . If you are talking about a male, I think short sleeved shirts would be your best bet. Dressing them waist down is no problem at all. Of course keeping your doll naked is fine too. LOL :whistle: :wink:
Maggie ,Lisa, Candy, Brandy and Amy send their love

puma uma
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by puma uma »

In my opinion, it depends on the clothes you put on your doll. Really loose clothes can go on easy while tight clothes can be a pain.
It's all about da booty. The booty is life!

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14528
my doll album

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

Post by katiesBoyfriend »

Make sure that the clothes go on smoothly. One way is to keep the doll powdered. I use cornstarch and it lowers the friction immensely. Pantyhose can help make pants go on easier as well.

Watch for places where the clothing can get stuck, such as feet and shoulders. Bunching up sleeves and legs and then moving the particular article of clothing around those points helps.
"A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison
"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty--a K&E 20-inch Log-log Duplex Decitrig." Robert Heinlein

SiliconeWorld
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by SiliconeWorld »

For what it's worth, it takes a couple of times with trial and error. Then it goes a lot easier.
It is easiest if she is on a stand (standing upright). Remember it is like trying to dress a paraplegic.

Tight clothes take more effort trying to figure out positioning her arms and tight fitting skirts/jeans are a challenge in that Silicone buttocks retain their shape, not 'giving' a lot.

All-in-all it is fairly easy with patience.

Angelica94
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Angelica94 »

Thanks everyone for the replies, and quickly! Sounds like tight and long sleeved clothes are a bit difficult? To clarify I don't have a doll yet but want one. I want a girl doll. I want to play with it with clothes and make up and hairstyles. (Still need to save money, they are expensive!) I haven't looked at all the pictures you have on this forum yet, I looked at Real Doll page.

How does make up work on the RD? Can you use normal make up?

Angelica
Angelica

Angelica94
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Angelica94 »

brigittes hubbie wrote:Hi angelica, welcome to the forum. Here´s one thread that you may find helpful: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=53770. Just check the subforum for realdoll or realdoll 2 or send a pm if you have more questions. One of my dolls is Martine, a real doll classic. :wink:
Chris
Thank you Brigitte

What type is Martine? You have posted pictures of her? I like number 7, I think I can use my own clothes on that one.

Angelica
Angelica

Angelica94
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Angelica94 »

Maggie_Mae69 wrote:Hi Angelica, I own a doll by that name, but it was the company name so I changed it. RD's arms won't go all the way up without damaging the doll. If you are talking about a female , I dress them bottom up if they have short sleeves, or buy female clothes with spaghetti straps or strapless . If you are talking about a male, I think short sleeved shirts would be your best bet. Dressing them waist down is no problem at all. Of course keeping your doll naked is fine too. LOL :whistle: :wink:
Hi Maggie

I want a female doll. No I like the dressing in different clothes.

Angelica
Angelica

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Angelica94 wrote:Thanks everyone for the replies, and quickly! Sounds like tight and long sleeved clothes are a bit difficult? To clarify I don't have a doll yet but want one. I want a girl doll. I want to play with it with clothes and make up and hairstyles. (Still need to save money, they are expensive!) I haven't looked at all the pictures you have on this forum yet, I looked at Real Doll page.

How does make up work on the RD? Can you use normal make up?

Angelica
I have two Wicked Realdolls, and as others have said, it becomes easier with practice, as you learn the limits of the doll.
It's easiest to dress the doll from the bottom up, so as long as the hips can pass through the neck opening of a dress/top/blouse, it'll work, but the tighter the outfit, the more you sweat :P

As long as the make-up is powder based, it'll work fine. Lipstick or gloss can be used too, but it can be a bit messy.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

Firefly2008
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Firefly2008 »

If it doesn't have buttons I make sure I can slide the cloths over the legs and up. Powder helps. Rolling the doll up on one hip then the other will allow you to slide the cloths on.

Maggie_Mae69

Post by Maggie_Mae69 »

Angelica94 wrote:
Maggie_Mae69 wrote:Hi Angelica, I own a doll by that name, but it was the company name so I changed it. RD's arms won't go all the way up without damaging the doll. If you are talking about a female , I dress them bottom up if they have short sleeves, or buy female clothes with spaghetti straps or strapless . If you are talking about a male, I think short sleeved shirts would be your best bet. Dressing them waist down is no problem at all. Of course keeping your doll naked is fine too. LOL :whistle: :wink:
Hi Maggie

Angelica
Get tops with big open necks. Those clothes go on easy. The dolls are heavy even for men. The lightest dolls are about 80 pounds( US weight) So either buy a doll stand or a chair with wheels or even an old wheelchair. The dolls are like moving a dead person or one that's paralyzed.
Maggie ,Lisa, Candy, Brandy and Amy send their love

Stephanie RD
Ex-Member

Post by Stephanie RD »

Dressing your doll is like putting toothpaste back in the tube. It's difficult but not impossible. You'll start out very frustrated but in time with practice it will be second nature.

My words of advice, START OUT SLOWLY.

My owner was so excited to play dress up with me that he rushed out to buy me many sexy outfit only to find that what looks good on a model online does not nessisarily look good on a love doll.

So start out slow with basics like bikinis, bras, panties, shorts. Then work your way up to leotards, dresses, tank tops, and eventually pants and more complex costumes. Take it one step at a time and don't move on to the next step until you've mastered the one you're working on.

Here are a few of the most challenging outfits my owner's ever gotten me into. Remember, this takes lots and lots of practice. You're only going to waste your time and money if you rush things.

[img600]http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p782/HolliWouldCoolWorld/RD%20November%202014/action_figure_by_artdude41_zps058733ba.jpg[/img600]

[img600]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg489/marychambers/RD%20Complete/pinkleotard34_zps39ff1dc1.jpg[/img600]
[img600]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg489/marychambers/RD%20Complete/pinkjumpsuit54_zps050044a2.jpg[/img600]
[img600]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg489/marychambers/RD%20Complete/NudeLeotardD3_zps6ea0b901.jpg[/img600]
[img600]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg489/marychambers/RD%20Complete/jeans12_zps9492b3ab.jpg[/img600]
[img600]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg489/marychambers/RD%20Complete/greyskirt27_zps3d0cdbff.jpg[/img600]
[img600]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg489/marychambers/RD%20Complete/frenchuniform34_zpsce47e0e2.jpg[/img600]
[img600]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg489/marychambers/RD%20Complete/cheerleader24_zpsc98f99a9.jpg[/img600]
[img600]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg489/marychambers/RD%20Complete/bibleblack20b_zps7d48d9ea.jpg[/img600]

Angelica94
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Angelica94 »

Maggie_Mae69 wrote:
Angelica94 wrote:
Hi Maggie

Angelica
Get tops with big open necks. Those clothes go on easy. The dolls are heavy even for men. The lightest dolls are about 80 pounds( US weight) So either buy a doll stand or a chair with wheels or even an old wheelchair. The dolls are like moving a dead person or one that's paralyzed.
The one I like, number 7, is supposed to be 38 kg, I'm pretty strong I think I can lift that ?. I will practice on my friends :)
Angelica

Zara_S
Doll
Doll

Post by Zara_S »

Using a doll stand makes dressing so much easier, the rest is just practice and technique

As for makeup:

Liquid eyeliner by Rimmel. Lip gloss, eyeshadow, neutral face powder and powder blusher all by Maybelline
Kisses Zara
xoxoxo

INFORMATIONS