realsexdoll.com

Hi There

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

tog
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Hi There

Post by tog »

Hi Everyone,

This is a new thing for me, I don't have a doll yet but I'm thinking about a realistic one mainly from a photography point of view. I'm from the UK and have also just joined the UK forum. My road here started with news stories about the work they are doing in Japan with the Actroids and automated receptionists and watching too much Ghost in the Shell, If they ever manage to make a convincing Motoko Kusanagi I'd have no option but to re-mortgage my house. Anyway, I realised that realistic, poseable mannequins must be possible and started to look around. I found the RealDolls site then immediately shied away from the sex side of it - I'm British after all! Then looked at some of the galleries and thought hmmmmmm...

Not sure about the companionship side of it. Although I'm getting to that point in life where it looks like there ain't gonna be a Mrs Tog - I've always been one of those guys that gets friend-zoned. The flip side is I suppose I can do what i like. :uhoh:

So thank you for letting me join and I look forward to exploring what is a new world for me.

Best wishes
Tog

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Re: Hi There

Post by AlexKnight »

Welcome to the forum, Tog!

Realdolls are definitely much more than just for sex, they're art and make great photography models :D
The companionship part will grow on you, once you have one. At first, she'll be an object, but as time passes, many of us have come to love our dolls.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

Lemminkainen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Lemminkainen »

Welcome to TDF Tog.
A%20big%20warm%20welcome%20logo.jpg
A%20big%20warm%20welcome%20logo.jpg (24.83 KiB) Viewed 2065 times
We're glad to have you here.

I'm happy to see that you know what you're interest is in. There's plenty here explore, alright. :thumbs_up:
Have fun, and if you have questions, don't be shy to post them.

Lemm

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

Post by katiesBoyfriend »

Welcome. You're among friends here. We also have chat, which can be wild, woolly, and a lot of fun.
"A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison
"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty--a K&E 20-inch Log-log Duplex Decitrig." Robert Heinlein

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

AlexKnight wrote:Welcome to the forum, Tog!

Realdolls are definitely much more than just for sex, they're art and make great photography models :D
The companionship part will grow on you, once you have one. At first, she'll be an object, but as time passes, many of us have come to love our dolls.
Words from the master ...and the loving can come quicker than you think..... :whistle:

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Hi Tog, welcome to TDF :D

If you like dolls for photography, be sure to sign-up at CoverDoll, our monthly e-zine.

:glou:

orlan

Post by orlan »

Welcome to TDF bro!

tog
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by tog »

Hi All,

Thank you to AlexKnight, Lemm, KatiesBoyfriend and Recently Separated for the welcome messages. From what I've read so far, there are a bewildering number of factors to take into consideration. I also need to spend some time working out how
having a doll would fit into my life. From reading some of the posts in here and on the UK forum it looks like 'non-doll' people
are pretty judgemental.

So far, I'm drawn to the high end silicon makes, Abyss, Anatomical etc. Although how you decide on one vs another I don't know! I wonder how long it usually takes for people to figure out what's right for them?

Thanks again for the welcome!
Tog

Tybalt
Ex-Member

Post by Tybalt »

DS silicone 145cm Plus Big tits for photography as it can stand, hold poses, and weigh 40lbs give or take.

For Sex, i recommend the WM TPE 145cm i have and am selling. Please pm me if you r interested.

tog
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by tog »

Thanks for the welcome Orlan, Nescio I'll check out CoverDoll and thanks for the info Tybalt - I didn't know about DS.

Best wishes
Tog

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

Welcome to TDF tog :glou:
Hope you enjoy our great forum and that you find pleasure with the companionship of a doll but take care as they like be hugged and pampered like real girl :whistle:
I've started with one :puppydogeyes: , now there're two :mrgreen: .
When there're doubts and questions, a lot of members will help you to find your perfect doll before ordering.

Happy doll time,

:D Guy

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

tog wrote:Hi All,

Thank you to AlexKnight, Lemm, KatiesBoyfriend and Recently Separated for the welcome messages. From what I've read so far, there are a bewildering number of factors to take into consideration. I also need to spend some time working out how
having a doll would fit into my life. From reading some of the posts in here and on the UK forum it looks like 'non-doll' people
are pretty judgemental.

So far, I'm drawn to the high end silicon makes, Abyss, Anatomical etc. Although how you decide on one vs another I don't know! I wonder how long it usually takes for people to figure out what's right for them?

Thanks again for the welcome!
Tog
Feel free to ask questions. Before you finally decide to get one, you should consider factors such as cost and weight. You're bound to get honest answers from different owners about the advantages, as well as the shortcomings, of the various dolls that we have.
"A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison
"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty--a K&E 20-inch Log-log Duplex Decitrig." Robert Heinlein

tog
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by tog »

Thanks KatiesBoyfriend, I've spent the last few hours looking at members and manufacturer galleries, the Anatomical Dolls seem to be grabbing me just now. They seem a little more subtle than some of the RealDoll body shapes. Also some of the heads/faces are very lifelike. But then so much of it is down to how the pictures are lit - it's difficult to tell.

I'm happy to spend some money(or if need be save up) for quality. The people who create these dolls are artists and they have to make a living. Regarding weight, it's a pretty unique reason to get in shape :)

Best wishes
Tog

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

tog wrote:Thanks KatiesBoyfriend, I've spent the last few hours looking at members and manufacturer galleries, the Anatomical Dolls seem to be grabbing me just now. They seem a little more subtle than some of the RealDoll body shapes. Also some of the heads/faces are very lifelike. But then so much of it is down to how the pictures are lit - it's difficult to tell.

I'm happy to spend some money(or if need be save up) for quality. The people who create these dolls are artists and they have to make a living. Regarding weight, it's a pretty unique reason to get in shape :)

Best wishes
Tog
There are other things you may want to consider such as joint motion (important for dressing a doll) and maintainability (such as fixing nicks and tears). Customer service from the manufacturer is also important, not just when placing an order, but if there are any problems with shipping or, after arriving, quality control. You wouldn't want it to end up in Coleslawvania or fall apart once you unpack her, would you? :wink:

Here, personal perspectives would be most useful. But, as the saying goes, caveat emptor.

tog
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by tog »

katiesBoyfriend wrote: There are other things you may want to consider such as joint motion (important for dressing a doll) and maintainability (such as fixing nicks and tears). Customer service from the manufacturer is also important, not just when placing an order, but if there are any problems with shipping or, after arriving, quality control. You wouldn't want it to end up in Coleslawvania or fall apart once you unpack her, would you? :wink:

Here, personal perspectives would be most useful. But, as the saying goes, caveat emptor.
[/quote]

Yeah, it's a lot to think about. I'm guessing each manufacturer or model will have their own pros and cons. I see some people have posted long term ownership stories, I guess I'll keep reading for now and work on a shortlist.

Also thanks to Siliconefun for the welcome!

Best wishes
Tog

INFORMATIONS