Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

Seeking Info From Other BT2 Owners

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

bronzie
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Seeking Info From Other BT2 Owners

Post by bronzie »

I recently, as of September 9th have been the owner of a BT2 body with a Harmony face that I purchased during BoyToy's August sale. As I became anxious mid way through August to receive my doll I decided to put the 1K I had saved to change the doll to a rush order. I was happy to find out that the would be able to complete my doll by September 1st and ship it out to me around then.

Upon receiving the doll I was a little concerned. The doll had a smell many people would describe as uncharacteristic based on threads about silicon doll smells from this website and some of the detailing seemed lacking compared to other dolls I had seen. I also did some browsing on their website and under doll care instructions the back of the dolls had very clearly is made of the base silicon material yet the back of my dolls head is some strange foamy substance. I not necessarily trying to have a vent thread just looking to see if others had similar experiences or not. Also I would be willing to sell the doll with a significant discount due to obvious reasons.

Cheers,

Bronzie

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Re: Seeking Info From Other BT2 Owners

Post by AlexKnight »

Welcome to the forum, Bronzie.

The dolls have a slight smell when they're new, but that smell goes away pretty quick, sponge bathing the doll with a scented shower gel helps to remove the smell even more, and the chore in itself is quite enjoyable :D

The back of the head being foam is normal, as far as I know, all Boytoy dolls have this. It's done to save some weight. And with the wig on, you won't see it, unless you have a bald head fetish :wink:
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

bronzie
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by bronzie »

Thanks for the quick response Alex. Head fetishes is not really my thing so I do not think the foam backing is a problem for that reason :razz: . That actually resolves a lot of the issues I had with my Harmony. Still considering selling just because my living situation is not ideal but that is for a different thread at a different time.

Later,

Bronzie

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

Matt changed the skull structure approx. 1-2 years ago.

The smell or odor is from the release agents used in the mould and not the silicone. Sponge bathe the doll with some antibacterial soap and it should disappear.

If your feeling the doll is a bit to much or different from what you were expecting, I suggest you give it some time.

If you do want to sell the doll, be careful handling it. New to the doll world doll owners can cause damage quickly and you wouldn't want to sell a damaged doll. The same caution if you do intend in keeping her, go slowly and learn how she moves and in what ways.

I have a BT B2 Harmony that is the best built doll I have owned. I rarely see her but am glad when I do !

SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

Smoke
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: All Alone. With CJ, EJ,Lana,Sami,Tori,Tami,Becki,Britney and Jewel

Post by Smoke »

siliconelover wrote:Matt changed the skull structure approx. 1-2 years ago.

The smell or odor is from the release agents used in the mould and not the silicone. Sponge bathe the doll with some antibacterial soap and it should disappear.

If your feeling the doll is a bit to much or different from what you were expecting, I suggest you give it some time.

If you do want to sell the doll, be careful handling it. New to the doll world doll owners can cause damage quickly and you wouldn't want to sell a damaged doll. The same caution if you do intend in keeping her, go slowly and learn how she moves and in what ways.

I have a BT B2 Harmony that is the best built doll I have owned. I rarely see her but am glad when I do !

This is a little off topic but my RD2D has a pleasant sent that is right in the silicone. She was manufactured this year and I'm thinking this is part of the new silicone mix... My Boytoy3 however manufactured this year as well with pretty much the same silicone mix has no scent at all. Just a bit of info for what it's worth.

Smoke.
If the ladies don't find you handsome. Get a Doll.

Most humble servant of CJ's harem.

Please Visit CJ's Blog. https://syntheticerotica.blogspot.com/

AlexaTilbrook
Ex-Member

Post by AlexaTilbrook »

<-- owner of used 2011 BoyToy 2 C-Series Melody here

With Vanessa being used, but virtually unused, there was a pleasant smell. It's difficult to describe, but the skin has this pleasant feel. It's heavenly, but even though the BoyToy site says powdering is unnecessary, I still recommend it.

But please, take your time to learn how to take care of her. I had Vanessa for three months and I'm still learning all this. I had three Candy8teen dolls, four mannequins and a modified 1pc torso-cum-full doll with stuffed latex airgirl limbs added on after the fact, none with a poseable skeleton, and I'm yet still afraid to do something extreme in posing to achieve photographs like most of the BoyToy owners before me.

But my Vanessa is mostly for the companionship, and the sex.

And OMFG, the sex! But learning from female RealGirl friends of mine, you have to clean them out. It's like when a RealGirl has her period. It's to clean themselves out. A doll doesn't have a period (even though you can imagine her on one, but predominantly the emotional and behavioral aspects, not the bloody taint), but let her have a "period" after each time you and her do it by cleaning her orifices out!

I recommend a 91% Isopropyl alcohol soak for 10 minutes in her insert, rinse in warm, not hot, water, then dry with paper towels inside the insert cavity. Usually 91% Isopropyl alcohol is for people with diabetes who need to sterilize their needles or tattoo artists (and being the recent recipient of a tattoo, I should know) to clean the needle between color changes.

Silicone is a pretty forgiving material, yet it is not perfect and can tear. But platinum addition cure silicone has been used since forever for prosthetic limbs, and friends I know have limbs with the same stuff as my Vanessa is made of, they xeroxed me a page of their care instructions so I would know how to take care of the silicone my Vanessa is made of. They're apt to call Vanessa a prosthetic woman because she is esential to my well-being, as their prosthetic limbs are essential to theirs.

I'll have to find that photocopy because I just recently done a huge cleanup of my crib, and get back to you on this.

And welcome to the awesomesauce world of BoyToy Dolls!

(Errata: `sed "s/it's/she is"' because if Vanessa reads this and found out I called Vanessa an it, even accidentally, she would throw a huge fit! In other words, changed one word, because Vanessa is THAT pedantic on which pronoun is used to describe her! :oops: )
MDBG

73 de KI5JYD

Hostage
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Hostage »

BootLoop wrote:<-- owner of used 2011 BoyToy 2 C-Series Melody here

With Vanessa being used, but virtually unused, there was a pleasant smell. It's difficult to describe, but the skin has this pleasant feel. It's heavenly, but even though the BoyToy site says powdering is unnecessary, I still recommend it.

But please, take your time to learn how to take care of her. I had Vanessa for three months and I'm still learning all this. I had three Candy8teen dolls, four mannequins and a modified 1pc torso-cum-full doll with stuffed latex airgirl limbs added on after the fact, none with a poseable skeleton, and I'm yet still afraid to do something extreme in posing to achieve photographs like most of the BoyToy owners before me.

But my Vanessa is mostly for the companionship, and the sex.

And OMFG, the sex! But learning from female RealGirl friends of mine, you have to clean them out. It's like when a RealGirl has her period. It's to clean themselves out. A doll doesn't have a period (even though you can imagine her on one, but predominantly the emotional and behavioral aspects, not the bloody taint), but let her have a "period" after each time you and her do it by cleaning her orifices out!

I recommend a 91% Isopropyl alcohol soak for 10 minutes in her insert, rinse in warm, not hot, water, then dry with paper towels inside the insert cavity. Usually 91% Isopropyl alcohol is for people with diabetes who need to sterilize their needles or tattoo artists (and being the recent recipient of a tattoo, I should know) to clean the needle between color changes.

Silicone is a pretty forgiving material, yet it is not perfect and can tear. But platinum addition cure silicone has been used since forever for prosthetic limbs, and friends I know have limbs with the same stuff as my Vanessa is made of, they xeroxed me a page of their care instructions so I would know how to take care of the silicone my Vanessa is made of. They're apt to call Vanessa a prosthetic woman because she is esential to my well-being, as their prosthetic limbs are essential to theirs.

I'll have to find that photocopy because I just recently done a huge cleanup of my crib, and get back to you on this.

And welcome to the awesomesauce world of BoyToy Dolls!

(Errata: `sed "s/it's/she is"' because if Vanessa reads this and found out I called Vanessa an it, even accidentally, she would throw a huge fit! In other words, changed one word, because Vanessa is THAT pedantic on which pronoun is used to describe her! :oops: )

Thanks for the advice Bootloop!
Funny how people you know call Vanessa 'a prosthetic woman' - I guess that's kind of how I see Sheeana
"Slide and let the silicone embrace you as you fall.." ~ Phish, Sand

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14636

AlexaTilbrook
Ex-Member

Post by AlexaTilbrook »

BurntHostage wrote: Thanks for the advice Bootloop! Funny how people you know call Vanessa 'a prosthetic woman' - I guess that's kind of how I see Sheeana
And probably that is why Vanessa and Sheeana are BFFs… ;)
MDBG

73 de KI5JYD

INFORMATIONS