betterlovedoll.com

Celebrities?

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

jenks976

Celebrities?

Post by jenks976 »

Celebrity looks aren't trade marked or anything right? Is there any doll manufacturer that can hook me up with a 1:1 representation of catherine zeta jones or grace kelly?

netwit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Celebrities?

Post by netwit »

Welcome to the forum, jenks976.
Yes, a person's likeness, especially a celebrity's, is protected. Not a trademark per say, but protected.
A doll maker would need to get licensing to produce a doll with their likenesses, if it is even available, which it probably is not.
You could get a doll that looks fairly similar though. It would be pricey, depending on the material you want it made with.

...............I'd hit dat
Remembering Jenna

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

As with everything else in the world, it's also about money. A manufacturer would earn money through a celebrity's name without the celebrity receiving a part of the profits.

And then there's the part of public relations, you'd be showing off your Grace Kelly lovedoll, and once people would get wind of it, it would get back to her.

You know how the tabloids and gossip sites love to turn things around to make a spectacle out of it.

And in the end, it would be the doll manufacturer who would have to deal with the fallout.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

jenks976

Post by jenks976 »

AlexKnight wrote:As with everything else in the world, it's also about money. A manufacturer would earn money through a celebrity's name without the celebrity receiving a part of the profits.

And then there's the part of public relations, you'd be showing off your Grace Kelly lovedoll, and once people would get wind of it, it would get back to her.

You know how the tabloids and gossip sites love to turn things around to make a spectacle out of it.

And in the end, it would be the doll manufacturer who would have to deal with the fallout.

lol, Grace Kelly was the princess of monaco and one of the most beautiful women that has ever lived on planet earth. She's long dead, and I am tight lipped, nobody would know nothing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grace_Kelly

Tybalt
Ex-Member

Post by Tybalt »

Image I like Shirley MacLaine but I dont she is dead yet.

I am not so sure if dead celebrities are popular among this generation of doll owners even if we are 50+ yo on average.

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Well, even when they're dead, they most likely have someone looking after their rights.
You can't just label a bottle and sell it as "Grace Kelly Perfume", and think nobody will bother you.

And whether or not you promise not to tell anyone, a manufacturer likely won't take that gamble.
Sure, they could have you sign a non disclosure agreement, but even that can be hard to enforce.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

bootylover24
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by bootylover24 »

What if a doll company had the option to make custom heads to any pictures you sent them. So its a personal custom job for head, and they charge for hour and give you an estimate. Would they still get the bad attention?

I think I saw a company that does this...

http://www.hitdoll.com/index.asp

They do custom heads.

I would consider having a head done for my miniature doll.

Gundam
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gundam »

Now that's what I am talking about! From Hitdoll "Just offer us the face and body you want, we will make the customized queen for you"

http://www.hitdoll.com/about.asp

The future of these dolls, I am sure. Doll vendors, please pay attention, Grace Kelly (absolutely awesome) for some, Sophia Loren is my first.

bootylover24
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by bootylover24 »

I wonder if they would just do a head? Someone should ask for a quote. I'll do it later if now one does it.

Gundam
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gundam »

I tried emailing Hitdoll about more info on their customized dolls, but so far, no reply. I agree, just heads are likely all that is needed. Pick an off the shelf body would likely be fine.

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

I'd be more concerned about the accuracy of a face reproduction. The mannequins they make of celebrities only look slightly like them. A Shirley Temple doll doesn't look much like the Late Shirley Temple

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

sapman24 wrote:What if a doll company had the option to make custom heads to any pictures you sent them. So its a personal custom job for head, and they charge for hour and give you an estimate. Would they still get the bad attention?

I think I saw a company that does this...

http://www.hitdoll.com/index.asp

They do custom heads.

I would consider having a head done for my miniature doll.
That's what Abyss did when I ordered Sharon. I just sent them a few 8 X 10s of the person's face from different angles along with the simple instructions "Please make her look like this.". And of course my check, And they did, using their standard body 6 and face (they chose the best match for face).

I'll let you be the judge...
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

Well, choosing which of their already-available faces is closest to that of an existing person isn't the same as having a face custom-made. Silicone itself can't simply be sculpted, but rather must be poured into a mold, which in turn is made from an initial hard sculpt. So a dollmaker would have to charge several times the cost of their regular options to make it worth their while to create a face or (especially) a body that they'll likely only sell one of.

And yes, the potential legal repercussions of basing a doll's appearance on a real person just aren't worth the risk. Hell, Ty got into hot water just for using the first names of Barrack Obama's daughters for two of their Ty Girlz dolls without permission, and that was done with the rather noble intention of commemorating the election of the country's first Black president. So just imagine how a celebrity (or the next of kin managing their estate) would react if they found out a functional sex doll was made in their likeness. :(

Click above to view my albums. :mrgreen:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

Re "And yes, the potential legal repercussions of basing a doll's appearance on a real person just aren't worth the risk. Hell, Ty got into hot water just for using the first names of Barrack Obama's daughters for two of their Ty Girlz dolls without permission, and that was done with the rather noble intention of commemorating the election of the country's first Black president. So just imagine how a celebrity (or the next of kin managing their estate) would react if they found out a functional sex doll was made in their likeness." by Not My Name

Obama can't copyright his daughter's names.
If I want to open a store with the name of his daughter, he can't stop me.
He can't even copyright the name Obama

Anyway, If I got a doll that looked exactly like Kristy McNichol, and nobody knew, how would I get in trouble?
More importantly, Who is being hurt?
If I have a doll made exactly like a girl that I know (but can't get), and have sex with her, how is she being harmed? What she doesn't know won't hurt her.
If I take someone's picture, and put it on a dart board, am I harming anyone?

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Seriously, are the names of Obama's daughters so original and unique that they can be copy written? What are the chances that the names he has picked are shared by no one else in a world of over 7 billion people?
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

INFORMATIONS