www.wmdolls.com

Suspicious Elektra Blue on ebay $3200

List of buyer beware warnings and fraud/theft alerts are all posted here.
Forum rules
Do not post unsupported claims regarding people, products, or businesses (Rule 10 of the RoC).
LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Suspicious Elektra Blue on ebay $3200

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

Ad looks very suspicious, even though he offers free local pick-up.
Spot The Clues. Guess why even the local pick-up is suspicious. I think I know how, let's see if anyone else can guess how you can be ripped off with the free local pick-up.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wicked-RealDoll ... 461e8cb644
I think one forum member already had some experience with this seller; perhaps he can tell us what happened.

gdlc

Re: Suspicious Elektra Blue on ebay $3200

Post by gdlc »

I've been talking to this guy for months, I'm in the process of buying the doll and having him deliver it

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

re "I've been talking to this guy for months, I'm in the process of buying the doll and having him deliver it"
Months? That is suspicious. Did you send him money? Was it through PayPal and can you get it back?
I think you said the doll was in Mexico. Let us know what happens. Thanks.

gdlc

Post by gdlc »

No I haven't sent any money, but I will keep you guys posted....

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Thanks for the update.

oceanheart
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by oceanheart »

gdlc wrote:I've been talking to this guy for months, I'm in the process of buying the doll and having him deliver it
Not sure what he's been telling you.
I've also talk to this guy. we agree on $2400.
One day he said doll is ready for pickup, then the next day he said the doll is in mexico, asked me to wait for few weeks for visa renewal.
(Why would you need visa to mexico? )
Asked me if i can come to Mexico to pickup??
Decided not to waste my time.

Monte Carlo
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Monte Carlo »

His EBay Score is a 1 and that is a Neutral Response. I thing this guy is Definitely a Scam..

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

re "Asked me if i can come to Mexico to pickup??" by Ocean Heart

O.K., so you get to Mexico, with cash in hand, and there's no-one there.
The guy gets a laugh, saying ha ha, this fool went to Mexico for nothing.
If you really want to be a Sleuth, call Abyss about that doll. Show them pictures and asked who it was sold to, or at least if Abyss can confirm that that person really does own the doll. I understand Abyss can't give the name, but they can at least give the name of the town where that doll was shipped to. You can see if it matches his pick-up spot. You can also ask Abyss to ask the buyer if he indeed is selling that doll. Hopefully Abyss will be cooperative.

Dunkman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dunkman »

He messaged me his number. I was thinking about buying her. Because I am going down to California this summer and he is somewhat in the area I will be at. I might be able to take a look at her before anyone wants to buy her. Just to give conformation to see if he's too legit too quit.

gdlc

Post by gdlc »

I contacted him when he first listed it back in early Feb. we worked out a deal where he was going to deliver the doll north of the Mexican border in AZ I was going to pay him cash. Those were my terms. We have now agreed for me to buy it thru Ebay (I will have Ebay buyers protection) and he is to deliver it to PHX where I live. He has to places, one in Mexico where the doll is at and the other in Cali, he's trying to get citizenship in the US. He's supposed to call me tomorrow when he is in Mexico...I don't think it's a scam but I do think he's trying to get more money for it because he realizes after all the interest that's its worth a bit more...we'll see I'm not paying more than $2400 that we agreed upon...

gdlc

Post by gdlc »

We'll someone else bid on it so we'll see what happens now...

Dreamer

Post by Dreamer »

Wow" What did I get myself into???? I am the other bidder on ebay. We agreed on $3,000.00 that is $2,400.00 for the doll and, $600.00 for delivery to Nevada. I won the the doll with only one bid. I thought that was real strange. I then got a call from him (Mike) that he is going to Mexico to pick the doll up this Mon, Tue... He canceled the sale on ebay and, I accepted it. He said that he was not ready to sell. The doll is still in Mexico and, he would call me this week when he is ready to drive the doll to me . At that point I could buy the doll in a buy it now. He said that he will tell me when he will post again to buy it now. W.T.F??? So" I will let you all know how this works out.. I will only pay him via ebay and, paypal. But" This looks like a bad deal from what I see on this board

gdlc

Post by gdlc »

he just text me to give him a few days and he'll be relisting and that I could do "buy it now" as well, then he was going to drive it up to me in PHX.

Nova-I
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nova-I »

Be Careful guys this is not sounding good at all. I hope I'm wrong but there's so many things telling me that this is not right. I would look at his feedback and ebay history as a warning. Also check with ebay because there is a good chance this might not be a legitimate ebay page. I had this happen to me before. There was a $18,000 Kubota tractor loader listed on ebay for $6000.00. After talking to the seller several times I was pretty convinced that it was a legitimate sale. The one thing that really concerned me of this guy was that he was a new ebay member and had no feedback. Before sending him any money I decided to call ebay to validate his user account and listing. To my surprise ebay had no record of the listing nor did they of the Seller.

If you are planning on follow thru with this please be careful. It would be better do the exchange of cash for doll in person.

Toruf

Post by Toruf »

This sounds like a very fishy deal. Wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole!

INFORMATIONS