betterlovedoll.com

The erotic doll: a modern fetish

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The erotic doll: a modern fetish

Post by RainLover »

2014-03-13 Times Higher Education - The Erotic Dolls (book cover).jpg
2014-03-13 Times Higher Education - The Erotic Dolls (book cover).jpg (56.87 KiB) Viewed 2392 times
Laura Frost for Times Higher Education wrote:Even as Smith wants to grant these dolls lives of their own, the obsessions and proclivities of their creators constantly assert themselves. For example, Kokoschka’s life-size companion, custom-designed to resemble his ex-lover Alma Mahler, leaves Smith a bit baffled. If this doll was supposed to be a replicate of Mahler, why was it covered in fur? Was Kokoschka a trichophiliac? Smith isn’t sure. Nor is he sure what exactly Kokoschka was doing, sexually, with that “monstrously furry…freak”. Smith wants to give a phenomenological account of his subject, but understanding someone else’s fetish can be tricky, especially if it is one as culturally loaded as men playing with dolls. By Smith’s account, there is nothing queer about these dolls: they are a manifestation of “banal” male “heteronormative” desire. [...] These prosthetic lovers are blatantly built for copulation and still, Smith suggests, inspire romantic feelings in some men. [...] Representations of sexualised dolls by female contemporary artists such as Cindy Sherman and Sarah Lucas appear, unanalysed, as a kind of silent retort to all this.
2014-03-13 Times Higher Education - The Erotic Dolls.jpg
2014-03-13 Times Higher Education - The Erotic Dolls.jpg (146.74 KiB) Viewed 2392 times
Source: :evidence:
http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/b ... 15.article
:plaidskirt:
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

Thndrrbolt
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: The erotic doll: a modern fetish

Post by Thndrrbolt »

Ah, another chapter in the quest for creating a pigeon hole which the author believes will fit 99.999999% of all of we doll fanciers.
Too many of us would break all but the most general mold if you attempted to press us into it.
The spectrum of interests I've seen expressed in my short tenure on TDF ranges from the rare purely artistic, through companionship, and physical gratification to interests so dark that you want to use hand sanitizer after clicking on the message.
So, you ( the author) wish to understand and describe those of us for whom an erotic doll is part of our lives?
O.K. Good luck with that one! :-) We are less of a homogeneous population than you might assume.
Think I'll save my 35 euros for something REALLY high and lofty, like taking my kid brother to see "Need for Speed" tonight! :-)
And no, I'm not nearly smart or cynical enough to be a true literary critic! Just think of me as one of the two old men in the box seats in the theater on the Muppet show! (GOOD TV!)
T'Bolt

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Thndrrbolt wrote: Just think of me as one of the two old men in the box seats in the theater on the Muppet show! (GOOD TV!)
T'Bolt
Image And I thought that were Carl and Dave :? :mrgreen:

Thndrrbolt
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Thndrrbolt »

Nescio50 wrote:
Thndrrbolt wrote: Just think of me as one of the two old men in the box seats in the theater on the Muppet show! (GOOD TV!)
T'Bolt
I'm the one on the left. :-)
T'Bolt

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

Thndrrbolt wrote:
Nescio50 wrote:
T'Bolt
T'Bolt
Your left or my left? :razz:
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

Thndrrbolt
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Thndrrbolt »

RainLover wrote:
Thndrrbolt wrote:
Nescio50 wrote:
T'Bolt
T'Bolt
Your left or my left? :razz:
Your left, my right, 'cause I'm ALWAYS on the right!
(Spoken as I lean on my cane...."Hmmphh..little girl..want a piece of candy? Haw, haw haw! :-) )
"The one on the left was, on the right, and the one in the middle was on the left, and the one on the right was, in the middle and the guy in the rear....said "Oh, dear!"/was an anarchist/ burned his driver's license"
(From the album "Johnny Cash channels Roger Miller") :-)
T'Bolt

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

Amazing the finds you make Rainlover! :D If they could only know the truth, but then they could not handle the truth!

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

Thndrrbolt wrote:"Hmmphh..little girl..want a piece of candy? Haw, haw haw! :-) )
"The one on the left was, on the right, and the one in the middle was on the left, and the one on the right was, in the middle and the guy in the rear....said "Oh, dear!"/was an anarchist/ burned his driver's license"
T'Bolt
First things that came to mind:
(for the candy quote)
no candy, woman in trunk.jpg
no candy, woman in trunk.jpg (64.29 KiB) Viewed 2333 times
(for the Cash/Miller quote)

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

deerman wrote:Amazing the finds you make Rainlover! :D If they could only know the truth, but then they could not handle the truth!
Thank you for the compliment! That makes my day! :D

Thndrrbolt
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Thndrrbolt »

RainLover wrote:
Thndrrbolt wrote:"Hmmphh..little girl..want a piece of candy? Haw, haw haw! :-) )
T'Bolt
First things that came to mind:
(for the candy quote)
no candy, woman in trunk.jpg
(for the Cash/Miller quote)
Enjoyed the mobile tire changer in the trunk thing! :-)
My iPad doesn't display whatever was in the space after the Johnny Cash thing.
You know, I'd jerk your chain more often if you'd just stop GREASING the darned thing! :-)
T'Bolt
Last edited by RainLover on Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved reply outside the nested quotes

INFORMATIONS