Starpery.com

MOST DOLLS DO NOT LOOK REAL- HOW TO FIX

Got an idea? Need an invention?
-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: MOST DOLLS DO NOT LOOK REAL- HOW TO FIX

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Inspired by lover1 member thread viewtopic.php?f=87&t=116934 I came to try it out with some spare TPE on face alteration. I fairly dislike certain heads to be put on voluptuous style bodies and them looking way to "small" or "sleek". :| Matter of taste off course, I know. Anyway, my results are fairly promising in this regard but I guess this idea has been already discussed before. So the stuffed in TPE on Izabel´s face lead to following result:
DaughterOfNords12.jpg
DaughterOfNords12.jpg (1.14 MiB) Viewed 314 times
I could well imagine a similar technique could also thicken necks for the same above mentioned purpose. There should be enough space in the neck along the studbolt to put stuff in here too. Anybody tried that yet? :?:

Oher than that I find use of MU, semi permanent coloring and few accessories fairly sufficient to make a doll look more "real". Good photo techniques and lighting off course help as well. I found if not powdering my dolls skin and let it become bits of "dirty" (dust, lint etc.) it also adds to a more realistic looks, for photo shooting in particular. All IMHO.

Kanekalon lace front wigs should be way to go IMO. I´ll also start with artificial eyebrows in short, but likely these won´t have that much of an impact unless for close up views maybe.

Thirsha42
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: MOST DOLLS DO NOT LOOK REAL- HOW TO FIX

Post by Thirsha42 »

Cost. These dolls are made using methods that reduce cost and production time. Adding the methods that it would take to make lifelike realism would greatly increase the time it takes to produce a doll and increase the amount of money it costs to produce the doll which would mean that the manufacturer would need to increase their price just to make the same amount of profit as before. But this is a problem because the customers are only willing to spend so much to purchase a doll. If the cost rises above that threshold then the manufacturer loses those customers which decreases their annual profits. The people making these dolls need to strike a balance. Currently that balance sacrifices realism to reduce costs and increase production time to allow the manufacturers to sell the dolls as cheaply as they do so more people can afford them and increase the overall profits of the companies making the dolls.

INFORMATIONS